Reviews for Conditional Love
The Hero of Time 1998 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
And then...Majora's Mask.
Jayadragon chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
wow that was really good, sad but good.

...

i personally think Nabooru should have been the first person to accept him...then maybe ruto
WolfsTrinity chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Can't help but point out that it's Goron City on Ocarina of Time, not the Goron Mines. And surprisingly, since being curious I read the other reveiws, I'm the first one to say it.

This is quite good. Reminds me of my first fanfiction, though less dark and better written. And unlike mine, this needs no revision.
Ryuus2 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
This could, potentially, expand into a larger story, if you wanted it to.
The Honest Truth chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
You portray Link so well. I love the whole thing about how he has done so many great things for everyone but in the end he's all alone. (I'm a sucker for sad stories.) I also like how it's Ruto who cheers him up, since I wasn't expecting that. I love this story!
I Am Sparty chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Finally, I got a chance to read over some more of your work. Hmm, I think I remember reading a Star Wars novel that took place after Return of the Jedi, and Luke Skywalker had the same resentment towards Yoda and Obi-wan that Link is feeling towards the Sages in this particular one-shot.

I can understand Link's reasoning as to why Saria might not accept him into the forest again, for it's possible that the Kokiri and the Hylians just don't mix. However, I was pretty mad at Zelda, shunning Link like she did. Of course, we don't entirely know Navi's reason for leaving, we can only surmise what it could be about, but Zelda would have the power to accept someone such as Link into the Castle's court. If not at an early age, surely when she was grown.

Of course, if that were the case, the point of the story would be lost a bit.

I can't say that I liked the story, but I did enjoy it. It was also very well written, as is all of your work. Link's feelings were very accurate, and you let us know exactly his reactions and what he was feeling in regards to the situations he was in. Very well done.

-Sparty
ice berries chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Aww, poor Link... Bittersweet, but very, very good.
Laine Montgomery chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Oh, so sad! This is a really interesting take on Link's life post-"Ocarina"; it makes a lot of sense that the time shift would affect his relationships with the Sages. His reaction to these lost friends in this story is heartbreaking and honest, and it makes a strong statement about what happens to a hero when his adventure comes to an end. Lovely work!
FabulaEstActa chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Well, this is a different spin on the post-OOT story. I find it fitting, and somehow ironic, that it was Ruto that pulled Link out of his depression. However, as you expressed, their situation was similar and therefore she could display empathy. The title was perfect, and I enjoyed reading this little snapshot into how Link might have been treated after time being rewound. Few people consider that things might not have "just been okay" at the end of the fight. You really inspired thought with this one.