Reviews for The Longest Weekend
obsessivelistmaker13 chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
That was such a good story! Your such a good writer :)
Angel Spirit chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
I love fics like this...really, I do...fics where it has a little bit of everything in it. You had a creature/hunt, and on top of that you had it set pre-series when they were teens...an extra gold star to you for that, as I love that time frame for some reason! I also loved how you had Dean taking care of Sammy when he was sick, and then in turn you gave Sam his own chance to take care of and look after Dean...John had every right to be proud of both of his sons, Dean and Sam are too awesome and make a good team together despite some of the worst cases they tend to come across, hmm...? I had to laugh at the password scene when you had Alex having a hard time remembering it...but then again the fact that Dean was pointing a gun at his head probably didn't help him much either, LOL! Kudo's for an awesome fic...
3 Sammy 3 chapter 2 . 2/25/2009
I wish this was an episode, I 'd so watch it and add it to my Ipod. This would be one Helluva flashback. Keep up the good work

xXRain NeechanXx
bhoney chapter 6 . 2/16/2009
Nice bit of insight from the ranger here: "he wondered just how long Dean had been playing both father and brother to the boy. His guts told him it’d been a long time since John’s eldest gave any consideration to the idea that he was just a kid too." Sadly, all too true.

It made me sad that Dean would wonder this: "will you always care like this Sam?" And yet-Season 4 Dean probably has some reason to wonder if he still cares at all.

I REALLY liked this story. Loved the way you wrote the relationship between the brothers, the care they took of each other. Loved that John was concerned and loving, just very flawed. Loved that the boys' first priority is to one another. I would really like to see some other teen!Chester fics from you, I really like the boys at this age-Dean nearly an adult, Sam old enough to start helping to care for his brother sometimes, when needed, and to help with hunts. Please say you'll think about writing more with them this age. I'm putting this one in my favorites.
bhoney chapter 5 . 2/16/2009
Better and better. You do a great job setting the scene, and the nightmare Dean had totally had me going...very vivid and scary! I really was worried something had happened to Sam there for a minute.
bhoney chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
Definitely not good that John's hurt too. Kinda hope those rangers don't go up after the boys-cuz John told Dean to behead anyone other than him.

This was so sweet: "...alternately sliding between the back door and the thirteen year old heart of his life breathing shallowly in his underwear on the couch." And this: "rose up with the greatest gift he’d ever gotten in his arms". Aw...

Poor Dean-burned hands now too? That's gotta hurt. And hearing Sammy crying and delirious, calling out for his big brother to help him...no wonder Dean burst into tears when it was over.
bhoney chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Wow, lots of developments here. TWO sets of baddies? That's not good! At least the werewolf is dead. But Dean! Poor guy! Glad Sam was able to pull it together enough to help him out some, though I do love a shocky Dean.

It's bad though that Sam's so badly off again. And I'm a little concerned that Dean could catch the measles too, since they're in such close proximity.

I loved this chapter-I love Dean hurt but trying to do what needs to be done to protect his little bro, and I love Sam realizing his brother's badly hurt and overcoming his fever to try and take care of him. *happy sigh*

Loved this: "you’re my kryptonite kiddo". There's actually a song about that, and I've often thought of Dean and Sam with it.

And this was really sweet: "stretched out beside his baby". Aw...
bhoney chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Oh my gosh, this was HILARIOUS: “'I can do it,' Sam groused stumbling as he tried to push his big brother away, he’s such a mother hen...hee hee... mother hen... the image came unbidden, a cartoonesque hen wearing a bright blue apron, with a red wattle under her sharp and lipsticked beak, with maybe some blue eyeshadow, and her comb in curlers, wait isn’t it just the boys that got combs?... ah, who cares... he felt his face split into a huge and deeply dimpled grin as he glanced at his big brother, saw the cartoon image again, and turned quickly away before he burst out laughing." ROTFL

I've never heard of toast soaked in bacon grease, but it sounds kinda...yummy. LOL This description of Nyquil made me laugh: “C’mon Dean!” the by whined, “I hate this stuff... it tastes like black licorice dipped in gasoline!”

I LOVED Dean making breakfast for Sam, and knowing almost exactly what his temperature was going to be, and knowing when it was going to spike again, etc. It speaks so much to the role he's played as Sam's caretaker. Loved that Sam recognizes that Dean's the one who looks after him, too.

It was sweet to find out that John HAD been the one to stock the food in the cabin.

This made me giggle, because it is SO typical of what happens to me when I read medical stuff: "tossing the pamphlet back into the box some time later, half convinced that his brother was afflicted with more than half the maladies listed in there". LOL But Sam having a mystery ailment in the middle of the woods, in the middle of a storm? NOT good.

And some creepy hungry creature honing in on them? Yikes! DEFINITELY not good!
bhoney chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Okay, thought I'd check this one out.

This made me giggle:

“S’the nice thing about laying down... my concussion’ll be at the back of my head s’tead o’the top.” LOL

Aww, Dean: "He never could stand it when Sammy got sick. Somehow he always felt like it was his fault, like he should’ve dressed him better, gotten him a thicker coat, thicker socks..." I bet every mom feels just that way when their kids get sick.

This was a nice description: "The spotlight winked back at them from a barely visible four pane window closely snuggled from behind by a forested embrace."

This made me giggle: “Dude you’re all arms and legs... what the hell are you mutating into?”

And this was just heartbreaking: "...every repetition of them left him feeling just a little smaller in his father’s eyes, especially the older he got. But after that incident he never rolled his eyes at his father’s grating repetition, he never again scoffed or reminded his dad that, ‘...you know I’m not stupid...’ in fact he avoided the word ‘stupid’ altogether afraid that it would remind his father of the ‘stupid’ mistake he’d made... and the memory would be brought to the fore once again instead of hopefully buried in eight years of almost perfect care for his little brother, and almost perfect obedience to the rules. If I can do what he says just right... maybe I can erase that one mistake... please... let me be able to do things right enough for long enough to erase that night... a deep part of him that he wasn’t even aware existed begged." Man, that part just broke my heart. And John knowing that something in his son was dying, and that it was his fault, but not doing anything about it. *tear*

You mentioned something about John dumping Dean in a vortex and him killing someone. Is that from one of your previous stories?
To Lazy To Login chapter 3 . 10/14/2008
AW I LOVE HOW SAM IS DEAN'S "BABY" AND "HIS BOY"! ep! i got a little teary there.
Too Lazy 2 Login chapter 2 . 10/14/2008
i love this story! but one thing...is 5'6" 13 supposed to be tall? i hit 5'7" a few months ago when i was 12 and i honestly consider myself short. lol i think i added this to favs!
Jaye Black chapter 6 . 8/3/2008
Gah, this fic was so good. I'm sorry to see it go. But I'm definitely excited to see whatever you come up with next. :)

Great job! :D
spnMom chapter 6 . 8/2/2008
Thanks, great story!
LisaReed chapter 6 . 8/2/2008
please pretty please do a sequal to this story i love the kids story like this! Please do a sequal
SamDeanLover28 chapter 6 . 7/31/2008