Reviews for The Longest Weekend
rozzy07 chapter 6 . 7/31/2008
See Sifi, I knew you couldn't resist it... that one final shove with that nib of your pen to topple our Dean off the rotten rung of a ladder and get his baby brother screaming his name in alarm..! And yes I know in the RL with all disclaimers applying soundly to my (very good indeedee!) mental health status, I love you for it!

As ever my friend you strike up that right balance between the boys, managing to drop John in there too, and keep things so real. And an unexpected happish ending just made my heart burst further as John acknowleged his faith in his boys. Great read as always... Now as this door closes another opens with fresh stuff readying to spill forth... YES? Please yes, in whatever form the mood takes you. Roz
sunnyjunedays chapter 6 . 7/31/2008
Hi, Loved this line:-

Dean - "You met my dad?"

Alex nodded.

Dean - "stubborn bastard ain't he?"

Dean telling Alex that Sammy's just the same when really he's also forgotten to mention another Winchester who's just as stubborn, if not more so. As Alex so wonderfully put it.

Again Dean's absolute determination to do everything himself and to do it right shines through even to the extent of hiding any damage done to himself because as he sees it, it is all because of his screw ups.

Will you always care like this Sam?

That line is so sad. This is Dean's family, he wants and needs them to want and care for him as much as he cares for them in order for his world to be a happy place, well as happy as the world can be for the Winchesters.

Why, oh why, doesn't John say things out loud for his boys to hear. The Love y'boy would have meant the world to Dean and Sam if they could have heard it from their father.

Really loved this story, fantastic. x
CatBeist chapter 6 . 7/31/2008
Oh that was GREAT! Man I love this story so much! Really truly a great closing on the chapter... even without any kind of whole heartfelt Johnny boy telling Dean not to hide stuff from him, not stuff like this, and just going back out hunting... Seriously, this was a great ending to something awesome! And I have to thank TranSan for wanting this story as well! This span into being such a GOOD fic!

All the props to you though, man the images you paint and the feelings you create just by words are amazing, and until we see Sam and Dean again inn "your" world they will definitely be missed, A LOT!

Maz101 chapter 6 . 7/31/2008
Hm this doesn't seem right - over a bit quickly for you isn't it? Maybe you should have made it the longest month! (HA!)

Gotta admit, I'm not the hugest fan of weechesters although I love them in flashback from a present day story. But all the boys' characteristics are there to enjoy (just can't fantasize in the same way when it's weechester - that's the problem!).

I liked John's almost incidental, certainly peripheral, presence and the fact he was off yet again at the end.

Looking forward to the next...
chiselchest chapter 6 . 7/31/2008
Woah! There's just never a dull moment, is there? Well that was a fabulous chapter.

OMG! I just went to submit this review when I realised that this story is complete. Please tell me there is going to be a sequel of some sort. I'll start crying! :)

Well this has been a really wonderful story to read. You did a great Job!

So, until we meet again. (salutes you)

Toodles sifi
skag trendy chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
What a great ending to a marvellous tale.

Many thanks for sharing it with us and I hope to read more of your stories in the future.

Kind regards,

KatieLB chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
oh that dean winchester i swear to god! What are we going to do with him... well besides beat him up some more LOL. Another great chapter and a wonderful ending to your story. Thanks so much for the fast updates to a great tale. till next time ~ m
RhianaStar chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
Always looked forward to reading this story's updates... a bit sad to see the End... but looking forward to more of your stories especially if they are Weechesters or
snfan chapter 5 . 7/30/2008
haha yeah for an updat i love thos story,dean in mother hen still feeling like crap but hating to be down LOL great wait for more as usual, hope you can update soon.
Tacpebs chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
What? *Fell out of my chair* End? What do you mean end? What is this word end? I don't think I like it too much. Kinda mess? T_T It was awesome! Why? Why must it come to an end? *Sobs* Thanks for a great read!
deangirl1 chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
Great story! I was really sorry to see this one end. Typical Dean - always thinking he's screwed up not matter what he's done and at what cost to himself...

Thanks for this! I'll be looking forward to your next story!
Nvrmore chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
Yeah for good guys who are actually good guys. :D

Silly Dean trying to keep things hidden. Never works anyway.

"I’m telling you now." - wow! Flashback to Wendigo. Perfectly Dean.

I didn't know you could dislocate a rib either. Learn something new every day. :D

So nice to see John being... gentle from time to time with his boys.

Lovely ending - nice, easy and flowing. Good job. And, as ever, will be looking forward to what's next.
TraSan chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
Wow - and my mom always said whining wouldn't get me what I wanted. She was so...WRONG!

Thank you so much, sifi, for writing this story. It was everything I hoped for and more!

A little bit of h/c for both the boys.

This line is so true:

"His loyalty is always going to be to Dean... even before me..."

Each and every time Dean asks Sam to trust him - he gives it to him. When Sam was arguing with John in Dead Man's Blood - I loved how both Sam and John listened to Dean. Sam immediately and John after Dean said, "That means you too."

Devil's trap, when Sam walked in on Dean holding a gun to their dad all Dean had to say was, "I don't know, he's just different." And Sam trusted Dean over their dad.

Even in S3 when Sam had to toughen up, had to be more of the caretaker - they were arguing about going after the Crossroads Demon. "Yeah, well you're not Dad." "No, but I am the oldest." Sam huffed, but the argument still worked! It was an awesome example of their relationship in that episode and you picked up on that sentiment and showcased it here. Wonderfully done.

I loved how Sam was surprised to get a compliment from John and Dean was grateful. I think that subtle difference also shows the boys relationship with their dad nicely. Not that John didn't love Sam - I firmly believed he loved both his sons. He just counted, relied on Dean to fill in some of those parental gaps and so Sam was more used to hearing words like that from his brother.

Well done Winchester h/c and angst. Thank you so much for writing it!
friendly chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
great job.. that was really good..
Nana56 chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
I had to laugh at the Dr. reaction to Dean rifling through the drawers and pocketing stuff. I could so see that happening!

Those boys just can't help but hurt themselves, can they? Good grief! The top rung of the ladder broke? Winchester luck at it's most vicious.

I really loved this story and you did an awesome job with it.

Well done, sweetie!