Reviews for The Longest Weekend
sammygirl1963 chapter 6 . 7/30/2008
Fantastic ending to a wonderful story! I'm so glad you chose not to just glance over Dean's injuries and that you showed the trauma his body suffered from medically! I cringed for the boy knowing there was clood in his urine and the tests that would come along wioth that!
Nvrmore chapter 5 . 7/30/2008
Sorry about not writing this sooner. Now I have to go back and re-read to refresh my memory. ;)

I have to say... if I have one criticism (and I can't say it's in the writing) it's Dean's self-talk. It's a wonder he lived past 10 with his negative self-talk (which tends to grate on me), but, again, I'm cutting him some slack because he's sick and wounded... not to mention in a situation and life that I really can't hope to fully understand or appreciate.

I'm glad Sam is both feeling better and able to push aside his own misery to give small aid and comfort to his older (more experienced) brother.

By the way, I have to ask - Have you actually eaten bacon sandwiches as you describe them? They sound both delicious and repulsive at the same time. Just curious... and could you share the recipe? :D

I hate dreams that are so real you can't tell they're not... and then terrify you. Poor kid.

Ryan... Ryan... is that name from NoT? Or am I just not remembering the reference for that name. o... I just thought of something. Hold on, must drop you an e-mail...(sorry, that was probably weird, huh?)

Alex... Alex did good keeping a fairly cool head. I like that Dean is so concerned over Sam traveling. Ha ha. I liked Alex's suggestion at the end about breaking up the ice that got Sam to crawl back into bed. Don't know if that was his intention, but pretty smart. :)

Curse me and my bad name recollection! Tell me Alex really is one of the rangers and not an escaped fang! Just... part of my mind says it can't be that easy for the boys after all they've been through (and all they're going to go through).

You know what else I like about Alex (if he really is 'just' a ranger)? That some people can open their eyes and see the supernatural around them without necessarily having been attacked or drawn into it the way the Winchesters and our beloved Bobby were (well, and Shep, Tommy, and even Gordo for that matter).

Okey-dokey. Now that I've taken so long to review... when's the next chapter going to be up? ;) :D

Talk with you soon and Kudos.
laynee chapter 5 . 7/29/2008
yay! i really like this story. do you have another trick up your sleeve or is it smooth sailing for the boys? i wouldn't mind some more limp sam, it's sorta my kryptonite. anyway, you write them well. thanks.
sunnyjunedays chapter 5 . 7/28/2008
Hi, Dean's desperation jumps from the page in this chapter. His thinking after he'd made the bacon sandwiches about Sam's temperature going back 'down' and his admission that "he's mine" prove just how terrified he is whilst still seeing himself as almost a father figure to his younger brother but still wanting his dad to come back and help make things better. (Not sure if that made sense, but i know what i mean). It's almost as if Dean punishes himself with his self recrimination although he has no need to, he does everything possible for his family but he never sees it as enough.

Sammy, "a one man encyclopedia", love that line, just like Sammy to put things together and just like Dean to be so proud of him and to come out with a winning line like that.

Looking forward to the next chapter. x
KatieLB chapter 5 . 7/28/2008
LOLOL thats funny Alex LOL another good chapter... i love how John has the boys trained for strangers. great job
Tacpebs chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
Whoot! The dream sorta scared me there, but it was only a dream. Phew! Yay that Sammy seems to be doin' better. Yay for hurt Dean. Sweet there's an adult there now! Next chapter please!
Still Awesome2009 chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
great chapter, update soon, hopefully. Love this story
Maz101 chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
I think you're feeling the mellow contentment of having finished High Noon cos this has a kind of relaxed feel to it. Yeah, obviously there is still fever and stitches and ghastly dreams, but still

quite relaxed on the Winchester fic scale. Can't last can it...

Loved how Dean is so together - always with a reasonable answer for Sam and so cautious with Alex - way beyond his years.

SamDeanLover28 chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
rozzy07 chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
Yay Sifi, another great update and Dean has worked his usual magic and got his Sammy past the delirious stage and wanting bacon butties! But the cost, poor lad, four slashes in the guts getting red and angry from self-neglect (after all his priority is ever his baby brother). Loved how you turned it back on its head here, having Sam doing the triage and looking after big brother for a while, even coaxing him back from one hell of a nightmarish dream.

Now that both boys are seemingly back on the mend I know I should breathe a little easier, but you my dear friend are a devious little so-so-and-so at times when it comes to whammying our boys so I still have my guard up! Looking forward to the next update as always. Rozzy
CatBeist chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
Oh that was another totally awesome chapter! You know this fic is very easy to read... I just opened it to start on it and see where I'd en up inn the morning and suddenly I am at the bottom! Man I loved so much about it, I always do, and there is nothing better then how you create the boys! Dang woman, for real!

And I LOVED... and seriously do mean LOVED the dream sequence. I mean just as Dean woke up and saw Sam missing I kinda knew he was dreaming... there was something iffy bout it the hole time, but then I started to kinda slide into the "hmm maybe it wasn't a dream" (cus I do live inn snow country and man have I seen snow melt fast :P)... But then it is and dude tis would be a great shot to shoot.. would be totally freakycreapy to watch too I think! :D

So that was my fave part! Hands down, still the rest is freaking awesome too, the fave part is just millimeters away from the rest so not much seperating those... But I mean, dream sequences are hard to do cus often they get a little... uhm... rubbish? And not nessesarily that bad but they are so over used, and it is easy to fall back on a dream thing just to make it exciting when you just as well could have written things inn real time? You know?

Point is you didn't... it was a great balance, it didn't feel as a "lazy way out" sort of thing cus you have already had the "main action" inn this fic with the wolf attack and then Sam almost keeling over... It fitted perfectly woman!

Oh I got morning rants... eh :D

Love it lady! :D SPLE

parisindy chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
great chapter!
chiselchest chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
Yay! Another chapter. Man, Dean's panic/protectiveness is just so damn cute. Well excellent as always. I can't wait for the next instalment. :)

P.S. (flashes a huge goofy grin) Thanks for responding again, it made me so happy. (Shakes head at patheticness) :)

Oh, and yes I was talking about your recommendation for Nvmore's series.

Anyways, my fellow HP Devotee, I shall catch up with you in the next chapter.
Thorny Hedge chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
So wonderful how Dean and Sam take turns caring for each other in this one.
Jaye Black chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Ack, this story tugs at my heart strings. Especially seeing as I just watched the end of season 2 for the first time. (New to the fandom, ha.)

Your writing style is amazing! I really love this. The dream scared the crap out of me. :X

Brilliant update! :D