Reviews for The Longest Weekend
skag trendy chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Thank God it was just a dream; ya know, you really had me going for a minute there!

Glad that someone's finally showed up for our poor boys.

Great chapter mate!

Kind regards,

ST.x.
deangirl1 chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
I was so worried this was going to be the last chapter! woohoo! More to come! Cool dream sequence - you had me going... wth? I'm thinking that they are going to have an eventful night one way or another...
friendly chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
great job.. can't wait for more
sammygirl1963 chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Awesome chapter, at least it looks like Sammy is doing a little better and now they have sonme help with the ranger there, hopefully things will be easier now for Dean too!

Wow, what a nightmare Dean had as Sammy took care of his wounds!

Can't waitr for more!
Nana56 chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Oh, a new chappy from sifi! Yippee! A great one, too. I loved the moment they had in the bathroom. That was awesome. And the dream! Whew! That was intense. I finally figured out it was a dream, but not right a way. Well done, hon!

Dean's such a good big brother, too. The precautions he took with the ranger before letting him in were very good. Good boy! Good instincts on that one.

I'm so loving this story!

*Huggles*
TraSan chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Okay, first of all, I'm sorry I thought my other review was getting too long and forgot to comment on the very end. I absolutely LOVED the end of the last chapter. And I found Dean breaking down in private very in character. Not only is he still a kid, but I think Dean is a not-so-closet hugger! :)

I can name several episodes where he has clapped Sam on the back, the shoulder bumps, the hands on his face to check his injuries, the hug to his Dad in Salvation, etc, etc. Dean shows his love with his actions - so yes, it was a very believable reaction in my opinion.

Okay, on to this chapter!

Dean wracking himself with guilt, burying himself with it in the opening paragraphs. *sniff* Poor Dean. Always feeling responsible for everything.

And then, oh, you give us a little bit of feeling better Sammy. Yay! Good enough, that we get to see that Sam takes care of his bro too. Thank you for that!

You almost had me with Dean's dream. I kept thinking it didn't quite jive with the first part of the chapter, but maybe...and then when Dean found Sam dead I knew what was happening, but it didn't make Dean's pain any less.

Hee. LOL LOL

"“Screw you dude I like meat just like the next guy!”

He watched his brother smirk and read exactly where the older boy’s mind had gone, he shook his head, “God could you BE a bigger jerk?”

“Sorry Sammy...” Dean chuckled, “but you said it dude...”"

That was earned a snort! So typical. Woot!

Oh, the water conservation method. :)

My friend's family has a saying (because they have a tank).

If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.

I LOVED Dean greeting Alex with his gun. Protective Dean - that look he gets on his face? One of my favorite Deans. Gah.

I liked this passage for several reasons:

"“Concussion... bad one... maybe even intracranial hemorrhaging...” Sam muttered.

Alex looked between the boys obviously impressed.

“We’ve been tending his uh oh’s for a long time,” Sam nodded knowingly.

“Kid’s a sponge... soaks up everything useful and never lets it go... a one man encyclopedia,” Dean smiled proudly."

I love Sam at his geeky best. The contradiction of Sam rattling off medical jargon and then his childhood phrase of, 'uh-oh's' was terribly amusing. Dean being proud of his brother's intelligence. I love when the boys appreciate each other's strengths (because they do) but also defend them to others.

Hee. Dean used perfect parental logic in this part:

"“Way to convince us dude,” Dean pat him on the back then handed him the water, “We’ll stay here the night then maybe MAYBE head out first thing in the morning IF your fever’s manageable... so lay back and get some rest.”

“I’m sick to death of resting Dean...” he protested.

“You wanna help me break up that ice by the back door?” Alex asked.

Both of the older men watched the boy’s mouth turn down in a pout as he flopped back down onto the bed yanking the covers over his head and muttering into his pillow."

I'm just loving this fic to pieces (of course, I love all your stories) but, well, there aren't too many authors that really, really get, understand and write well BOTH brothers.

Thank you for that.

Your the best, sifi.
CatBeist chapter 4 . 7/20/2008
Alright head is ok and I got snacks and I am all ready to do my duty! :D A duty you know I love!

Dang... man Sammy got a HIGH HIGH FEVER! Shit!

Oh o! No liky John getting knocked out... that is bad... he needs to come home to his boys

Oh o... and man HATE spilling hot water over myself... oddly enough that happens a lot... But wow you wrote that part perfectly dramatic, perfectly built up and a perfectly ended part :D Nice work... alright I got more to read... let's see how John is doing.

Why does these hunters always seem amazed by ware wolfs and vamps? I would see em a lot more likely than other things they hunt! :)

Hey do they think the boys don't know how to hunt? Or is it that John is keeping them as far away as he can... We know he did keep the boys inn the blue bout places to go and other hunters and things like that though?

*sniff*...*sniff*... AW

:( that was... mep... Beautiful but painfull all at once... “help me...please... I don’t wanna die...” Aw! Love it sifi! Really really really amazing and wonderful work! No one could do it better!
LisaReed chapter 4 . 7/20/2008
damm u u better be updating soon please pretty please with a cherry on top!love young dean and sammy stories especially protective dean

keep it up
sunnyjunedays chapter 4 . 7/18/2008
Hi, You broke my heart with this chapter. Poor Sammy, so ill with a high fever, but what really got to me was Dean. What a huge responsibility he has. Take care of Sammy, these are the words instilled in him at an early age and continually throughout his life so far. Dean's panic and terror over Sam's condition, burning his hands in his haste to try and help his brother.

John's not faring much better although i think it's a good thing for Sam and Dean that their Dad's with others who understand.

So, is Sammy gonna get better?

Are they both in more danger from the werewolf?

Will John get back to them soon?

I really need the answers to these questions soon.

Really looking forward to the next chapter. x
chiselchest chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
Oh Gosh! Damn, poor little sick ridden Sammy. Also, Dean's reaction was very sweet.

Even though there wasn't any in this chapter I have to say, you've done really well (in my opinion) with spot on humour Dean uses, and his protectiveness of Sam.

I have to say I also love the length of these chapters, with the amount of action going on it would be torture if they were shorter.

And...

Wow, thank you for responding (for the previous chapter), I’ve not had that happen before, it was exciting (and it made my day, I have to tell you). And thank you very much for the advice.

And I’m excited to be aboard

Again Great Job!
Jaye Black chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
Ack, this is awesome. I think you captured Dean pretty awesomely, and I love his internal-mumblings. Hee.

Nice job. Update soon, please?
Lucian32 chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
awesome chapter!
lblficwriter chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
Yup that did it I am officialy crying to death. That was so amazing! Poor Sam in so much pain and Dean trying so hard to help him, but not knowing what to do. Please update soon. This story is amazing!
Nvrmore chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
Poor Dean. Well both boys really, but you know I favor Dean. :D

So... Question - The section in italics that tells what's going with John and the others, it's it italics. I know, brilliant observation, right? But my question is... Usually, italics is reserved for dreams or flashbacks. Is this something Sam is 'dreaming' - as in it's real but he's seeing it - a precursor to the visions if you will? Or did you just use the italics to show you're at a completely different scene?

Again, poor Dean. And he's not even one hundred percent which, I'm assuming is why he's having such a hard time, both physically (his clumsiness with the water) and emotionally. And Sam's little... seizure... could be associated to high fever or a vision. Yes, yes, I'm very curious about that.

I like how you set up a reason for the split between John and Daniel. And... here's the brilliant thing - "hell he oughtta be doin’ full on exorcisms by now but this stupid old goat hasn’t even told ‘em demons EXIST yet." Brilliant! That whole section where Dan talks about all the things John has kept from them. Why they didn't know about vampires; how they had so infrequently dealt with demons - if John had let them at all - and why they had misconceptions about them at first ("They don't want anything, just death and destruction for it's own sake." - or however the exact quote goes, but you know what I mean.) I have often wondered how they could grow up hunting and still not know so much - especially when John did. That explanation really makes sense. They knew enough to 'be safe' and help on hunts, but not necessarily ... enough. Kudos.

Poor boys. I can't wait to see how this goes. Keep it up!
rozzy07 chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
Jeez girl you know how to make them boys suffer! Dean literally gives himself second degree burns in his haste to get his brother and even that doesn't break his focus. Sam, always his baby brother, and nothing else. I just marvel at the way you crawl into Dean's head and give his thoughts voice, the feelings he keeps hidden inside for the only thing in his life that has worth:

“C’mon Sam... s’not fair man... you’re mine dude... you’ve always been mine y’know? I mean dad gave you to me for the first time when you came home from the hospital... but he gave you to me for real that night... you’re the only thing I have left that’s pure good Sammy... please...”

As for their protector, John is out cold but there is some hope in Danand his cohorts planning to do what he cannot right now - that is go find his boys. Lets just hope they can back to Dean and Sam because Lord knows they need help, sooner rather than later. Thanks again for making me shove RL behind me for a short while and just enjoy a damn fine read (as always) and savour all the rich detail littering the story throughout. Rozzy
139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »