Reviews for Overprotective
NeneJPhilly chapter 1 . 5/13
Way too short to be so good.
ThoughtsLightAndFireAndSound chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
I really love the format of this. it makes it that much easier to connect to. the way you detail such events make them more poignant and heartwarming as well. this was very well written!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
BB has quite a past, although he never shows it. That doesn't stop him from being overprotective.

One thing: It's a little unclear why he is so overprotective of Raven specifically.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Oh, I wouldn't call him "OVERprotective". He certainly has her welfare at heart, though, doesn't he?

Beast Boy is the character (along with Raven in many respects) that gets the shortest shrift on the cartoon. His abilities can, and should, make him almost unstoppable. Yet he is often shown as a buffoon. It is maddening. I cheered when The Beast showed up, figuring that maybe THEN they would let him strut his stuff ... but no. He was "ashamed" of The Beast. Scared of it.

Bulls**t.

He can get TO anyone, and then TAKE OUT anyone he wants to, if he examines the situation and applies his skills appropriately. (Trigon, being a Demon Lord and gargantuan and obscenely powerful, is somewhat immune to the sorts of things BB can do, but he's an exception.) I just wish the writers had used a LITTLE imagination when portraying him.

I like your take.
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
This is absolutely beautiful. I'm assuming the last part refers to his transformation of the beast during 'the end', correct? :3
Karma Killer 11 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
I'm not sure what it was, but I definately liked something about this story. Awesome job. Not too cheezy, just perfect.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Aww, Yay Beastboy! You rule!
General Havoc chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Well I will say that I've not read too many stories written in the SECOND person before...

I had to read it three times over before I was sure, but I really like this. I am not so certain I could explain why, but I do. There's a certain... feel to the one-shot that's just perfectly proper. The first paragraph from the last section stands out in my mind as a perfect example of Beast Boy's mentality. So does the very first section in retrospect. That's not to say the others don't. That just happened to stick out in my mind. Well done, very VERY well done.

Though I do have to ask, why would Beast Boy's English be bad when he was first coming to Jump? There was no evidence of this in the 'first' episode, best I could tell.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
The word 'experiment' got my attention, so let's see what we've got...

I always think "why can't people just write BB as an 'awesome moron' if they want to center on him instead of making him into something he is not. The bit about English and Polish is one way to do this.

Heh, "stick" got a laugh out of me.'

Creepy? How?

"upside down (the right way up)". Hey, nice twist.

Wait. *Before* Terra arrives. Then, alphabetically named thief. But before Terra, that was Robin, and only for like two days.

I shall refrain from starting to argue the strength of Raven's blacklight (haven't heard that one before)/obsidian/umbrakinesis, because it would serve little purpose and only waste everyone's time.

"either through magic or birdarang." Implied RaRo? Or implied BBRo? :-)

Last line. Hmm. He doesn't love the other Titans, at least as that surrogate family as has been suggested in ever so many other fics? And who died before the project started? His parents. Wait, does this mean mother-complex?

Very true to cartoon-canon, except for the bit about taking bullets (?) and being clingy (or am I wrong again?).

Heh. Reading the couch-scene again, I get the idea that Raven manipulated him with empathy to make him her were-human shield.

Certainly better than most BBRa.
Aki and Tenshi chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
I really liked the style of this piece. It was interesting, amusing at points, and flowed well. Well done.
volleyballchick94 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
rhis is actually pretty good
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Wow, I like it. Very different and experimental as you said, but I do like it. Interesting idea I hope to see more of this.
Prince V chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
EXCELENT!

It felt real...a very close to home kinda thing...very expresive, i dont know as i would recomend writing entire stories that way but as a one-shot with this kinda storyline it works PERFECT! very nice.

~Apathy is Death

-Prince V
Wind Lane chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
This is an extremely interesting one-shot. The style is unique and engaging, the sentiment fits in with canon while at the same time expanding it, and writing's top notch. I'd love to see this continue but I can fully understand if you don't as you didn't plan to.

At the very least please keep writing.
FrostFaerie chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
That was a really great one-shot! Ah, I loved it. Great Job.