Reviews for Fortunate
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2016
Oh, how i wish the creators and writers of CI could read this story. I could not believe his betrayal and Captain Ross, informing her so bluntly. Goren conspired with Ross against Eames and that's all there is to it. I hated him for daring to put her husbands pictures up on the board and not warn her. Some friend. She was the backbone of Goren and Eames, smarter, better, braver cop and never got credit. The end of the series was unbelievable. Boring rehash of Goren's problems and practically no Eames. Come to find out from interviews Balcer and VDO wanted the show to be the way it was. Act like he had no partner, but she had to be devoted to him. No romance, no story, just Goren's boring self over and over. I would never have watched it. The title was Law and Order Criminal Intent, not just L&O Goren. I think if they had kept the 4 people that began the show and had more varied storylines which included all characters, the show would still be on. Loved Logan though.
FrankieB chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Sad, yet hopeful. Very well written. I enoyed this fic!
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Epic win as a fanfic writer. You manage to write non-shipper fics that are some of the best shipper fics! :D Love your work. Thanks!
starwoods chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
beautiful story
hippysheep chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
...and still no flowers...huhuhuh!whatever will eames think? thank you that was a beautiful story...
lkq chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Rereading C&I fic, now that the announcement of no more Goren & Eames has come through. Love the insight that Goren (finally) has on how important Eames is to him. It would be interesting to see how Eames would accept his newly-found realization. As always, you manage to capture them well. Too bad the show writers could not manage this!
Travilah chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Love your writing and the characters you put on paper. Lovely. And hope things are going well with your dressage pal. . .that is a true partnership! Hope to see more from you as time allows. I have read all of your work, even for series I don't watch, and enjoy it fully!

chris
The Confused One chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Aww. This is very poignant. I really hope his thoughts went something like this. Alex needs to know that he respects her and wants her in his life. All of his life. I think he really did realize what she was saying, how he had hurt her. I think he went out of his way to make it up to her and things were better between them by the end. Which is the only upside for Bobby. Considering everything with Declan. *sighs* I hope things are better for them this next season. LOL They've had enough drama the last two years.
Eastsider chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Wow! If only the writers could find some way to work this into an upcoming episode. This is a very well written piece.
laynesaid chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
This story actually made me cry. it is amazingly beautiful and well written and I could actually imagine it happening. It shows the closeness of them without being shippy and...idk. just keep this kind of stuff up!
Kat chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
OMG! Such an amazing story, I don't even have words for how much I love this. It's just perfect! :) no shippyness (unless you want to see it, and I don't) but at the same time it shows how much Bobby cares for her. I love it! Amazing job! It's perfect.
Fanmlz chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
This was just lovely! You really captured them.
Gil Shalos1 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Nice ideas about the ways in which Goren and Eames might restitch their relationship , and as always, well written, good work with Goren's internal 'voice' and I love Logan's line.
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
You'd think I'd learn to expect this sort of thing from you by now... *sniffles* Damned writers, dragging them and us through the mud...
effie214 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Okay, so I have to admit that the only reason I'm here is because Alamo Girl threatened to take out my kneecaps if I didn't read this. (I don't read much "CI" fic.)

But, for once in her life (hee), Mel was right on.

Holy CRAP. No, seriously. Dude. DUDE. You broke my brain with this beautiful, lyrical, evocative piece. I think you've captured both a very complex relationship and character here, cocooning it in apparent simplicity and making the reader identify and sympathize with an incomprehensible situation. This whole thing is just ten kinds of gorgeous.

Bravo on a breathtaking job.