Reviews for When I am older
kattfan12001 chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
The gordon part maby me laught. It was a sweet story.
Fran L chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
LOVE! This is that gorgeous mix of sweet, heart-tugging and funny that you do so well :)

What a great concept, pulled together in a totally plausable way (my mum's a teacher, I've seen those photocopied resource packs!) but which gives us a great way of seeing the diffeneces and yet the strong similarities between all the boys.

I'm glad Scott wasn't always seeming perfect at everything :P And poor old Virgil and his flight-sickness! That would be hard for a TB pilot to live down!

Gordon's made me laugh aloud :D What a fantastic opening line. Typical, imaginitive and so so sweet and funny. Love the natural progression that once he's become a fish, he'll work at Sea World :D

And Jeff's letter back was perfect, giving us a glimpse at him too, as well as the boys.

What a tight, slick story, beautifully arranged and fantastic characterisation. Thanks for sharing :)
LiGi chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I love this idea! It is incredibly sweet! And the differences between the brothers' writing styles is great, I particually like Gordon's! And poor Virgil getting mentioned in EVERY story as getting sick on planes, awww! Lovely!
Joanne Brandon chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
AT first I thought aw this would be sweet and funny and it has lived up to those expectations. What I did not expect is it to be inspiring. It got me thinking about my dreams and how they change but are always their in our backgrounds and led to the people we are today. So just thanks for writing such an inspirational story that has now led me to write a poem and has brought a smile to my face.
justwalkingdown chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I loved this! Especially Alan's letter XD Please write more!

Fairy )
tiylaya chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
This was very sweet, and I have to say that Gordon's declaration of his intentions made me laugh out loud. Thanks for posting such an enjoyable little story.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Aw adorable. I love the recurring theme that Virgil gets sick in the planes- its a nice way to note how much attention the boys pay to each other. Jeff's note at the end was another nice touch. Great stuff!
cathrl chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
I smiled all the way through this! Poor old Virgil, what a nightmare being airsick in that family - and I loved that Gordon wanted to be a fish. And Scott can only spell words that matter to him - so when did you meet my kids? :D
mcj chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
A lovely story - full of memories.

mcj
quiller chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
A clever idea to have this look back at the boys' childhood done through the medium of school essays sent in by a 3rd party. I liked the way you related their childhood hopes to the men they have become.

Nice touches of humour too - I think my favourite was Jeff's /Gordon is not a fish yet. I think he may still be working on it as an option/

I look forward to your next story.

quiller
GillyLee12 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Aww, this is such a sweet story. And it made me laugh out loud in places too. Virgil being airsick, LOLOL?
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Oh, that was sweet. Sad notation that what Alan wanted most was for Daddy to come see him. Teachers really can change our lives forever. And maybe some students change theirs.
minstrelsy chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
What a charming story! I enjoyed the teacher's comments almost as much as what the boys wrote. Thank you.
JulesDPM chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Excellent! I really enjoyed this story and Gordon's bit had me laughing out loud.

Really nicely written and thought out.
spinkle22 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008