Reviews for Cannonball Run 2008: Hawaiian Tropic
The Turbo Man chapter 7 . 12/1/2009
Very chilling epilogue there. i hope J.J. will be able to sort things out and that all will be well for the 2009 Cannonball. I will certainly watch this space. Good work on all chapters of this story. It was a great read.
The Turbo Man chapter 6 . 11/29/2009
This final dash chapter was brilliant. I loved how the racers made short work of the car theft ring. Nobody messes with the Cannonballers. That was indeed a surprise about Dexter at the end there. The bit where the Z-Car got laid out was very good, and I liked all the little dialogue exchanges, especially the Eagles based one. I look forward to the epilogue. You can count on me to review it.
The Turbo Man chapter 5 . 9/13/2009
That chapter was a fantastic read. I like it how sometimes Dexter's crew can be good sports. I'm a bit curious about what we will find out about them next. MIss Chaos did brilliantly as well. I liked the dedications to the two late members of the cast for CR1. Keep up the good work.
The Turbo Man chapter 4 . 5/2/2009
It was well worth the wait to see a chapter as good as this one. It was fantastic. I loved the bits with the Challenger making it past the roadblock, the ongoing battle between Jacob and Jill etc. I look forward to seeing what will come next. I especially hope that Dexter will get his comeuppance. It's hard to believe that someone as decent as Max could have sired a child as unpleasant as Dexter. Anyway, keep up the good work.
GothicChevy chapter 3 . 10/19/2008
Keep it up. I look forward to readin future chapters. sorry i haven't reviewed already. Baker's Monte Carlo, LT (3.5L V6), LTZ (3.9L V6), or SS (LS4 5.3L V8)?
Nightw2 chapter 3 . 9/30/2008
Once again, a job well done on this chapter. Once more, a wonderful job on the exchanges, characterizations and future chapter set-up. I'll certainly be looking forward to the next chapter.
The Turbo Man chapter 3 . 9/30/2008
This new chapter was excellent. I like how you made it that Nina isn't so shallow after all. The cameos from Tony and Per were great, as was the set-up for the upcoming race. I look forward to seeing more. Two thumbs up.
TimX7 chapter 2 . 7/11/2008
WEll that Dexter Cole guy is one mean SOB. Sure hope the Cannonballers can take him.
GothicChevy chapter 2 . 7/7/2008
awesome story so far. keep it going. I would LOVE to see the GM W-body cars play a major role in the story later on as well... The GM W-body was the replacement for the GM G-body of the 80's. The W-body first appeared in 1988 and is still being used today. cars that rode on the platform include: 1988-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1990-2002 Chevrolet Lumina, 1988-2004 Buick Regal, 1988-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 1995-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (Z34 for '95-'99, SS for '00-'07), 1997-2005 Buick Century, 1998-2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue, 20-2008 Chevrolet Impala, 2005-2008 Buick LaCrosse. Most use potent V6 engines but (as of 2005) a 5.3L V8, based off GM's 5.3L truck engines, was used and dubbed the "LS4" (303HP and 325TQ). The V8 version went down the 1/4 mile at 13.9 seconds bone stock. The fastest V6 offered (the L67, a supercharged 3.8L V6) went in 14.6 seconds. Below that V6 was the LQ1 (a 3.4L DOHC V6, 210-215HP (depending on year) and 215-220TQ, used only from 1991-1997)that went in 15.0-15.5 seconds flat. sorry for the history lesson but these vehicles are often overlooked despite being quite fast for what they are... Again, GREAT story. I just think there's too much talking, not enough action. Actions speak louder than words
Nightw2 chapter 2 . 7/2/2008
Hey there. Thanks greatly for getting the next chapter up. Not much I can say here except, as usual, great job on the exchanges, characterizations and set-up in all the right areas. I'll definitely be looking forward to more of this.
The Turbo Man chapter 2 . 7/2/2008
A great introduction to the fic's bad guys and I certainly hope the Cannonballers will kick some ass when they get to Hawaii. Keep up the good work
TheBandit08 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Looks like a great story. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Nightw2 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Hey there. So far, I have to admit that this different than the normal direction for a Cannonball Run fic is going pretty well. WOnderful job on the exchanges and set-up. I'll certainly be looking forward to more of this as soon as you can manage it.
The Turbo Man chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
An excellent start to your new CR fic. I loved how Monkey and Marcie's wedding was done and how Pete decided to go to Hawaii. I loved the joke about 'Epic Movie' as well. I look forward to seeing more. Two thumbs up.
TimX7 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work.