Reviews for Hobnobbing
radiobeans chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
Feels a little funny to be reviewing this 6 years after it was posted, but I love how Nick complements Maya here, and my favourite part of the fic was - perhaps curiously - the characterisation of Mr Vasili. And the image invoked by the last scene...It makes my heart happy (':
Emperor Andross chapter 5 . 4/15/2013
Cute story, I can totally imagine all of that happening. Well done
Turnip the Scribe chapter 5 . 7/23/2010
I see those Firefly references. :P You have more restraint than I do, though. I don't think I could possibly make a story involving a fancy party without using the word 'shindig.'

Aaah, cut down before its time...
SharadaGirl chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Phoenix likes shoes? Thats... lol-worthy XD
lazyguy90 chapter 5 . 10/28/2008
Awesome... I'm really starting to dig the whole older Phoenix and Maya dynamic that you've crafted so brilliantly. Great job! Keep at it!
Keikun4283 chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Its nice to see more Nick and Maya. Read all your fics involving these two and I like em. Wouldn't mind seein more of these.
AstroLatte chapter 5 . 7/14/2008
I loved every word! Fabulous!
Rienna chapter 4 . 7/8/2008
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that Maya's reaction to Cresswell was a bit over the top. Looking at the dialogue, it doesn't seem that her comments were too abrasive to provoke her reaction ("That lousy, rotten, no good, stupid, classless bitch... She'd had to storm off to the bathroom after what that harlot had said about Phoenix.")

Also, I think the character of Cresswell could have been developed more; she felt a little transparent. It was hinted that she was a terrible human being but when she made her entrance, her actions were too obvious. Maybe a return in a later story of yours?

I did like Maya's final stand though - when I was reading I felt that this would be exactly how Maya would act in such a situation!

I hope you'll write another story with older Maya/Phoenix; I hope there's a possibility for another story concerning Gauthier his channeling request!
Toby Danger chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
Wow. This chapter blew me away. I was expecting some more annoying posh people hilarity, and maybe a comedic ending. But this.. this was beautiful.

I'm not a huge fan of the 'Maya hates being the Master because everyone on Kurain hates her' plotline, but this was a nice, fresh take on the concept, and it really worked. I really felt for Maya, and how she just wants a life beyond what's expected of her.

The last scene was adorable. It really captures what I love about Phoneix and Maya: Two people with imperfect lives, who care for each other despite everything around them.

I only hope I can produce something as good as your work one day. Thank you so much.
Rahh Gumba Foo chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
Ah! This was slightly ADORABLE. It was a simple, fluffy story... and I enjoyed it thoroughly. And I laughed out loud more than once. Great job!
Holly Unending chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
EPIC.

Love these two new chapters a bunch, what a sweet story. I hope it continues? (Sorry I'm not logged in XP)
Sapphire Rose E chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
hehe awe that was soo cute! thats for writting!
Sapphire Rose E chapter 3 . 7/4/2008
wow your story is amazing! but one thing. we New Jerseians don't have an accent! well, maybe the southern New Jerseians might but we northerns don't! we speak normally. -
icer01 chapter 3 . 7/3/2008
This is wonderful.

It's well-written and utterly hilarious.

I'm feeling so sorry for Maya though. Hopefully Phoenix will commit a Hobo Infraction and get her kicked out of that social circle.
Holly Unending chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
Brilliant! You are an amazing writer. I especially love how you've aged Maya, it's perfect and completely believeable. I hope you continue!