Reviews for Elf and Ranger Tales: PostQuest
Cha'90 chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Haha, this is great. I couldn't stop laughing while reading it.
Artgirl chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
Very funny. I enjoyed reading the girl's broken English.
Art girl chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Very fun. I enjoyed the ending with Legolas adding kick to the bread gravy.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
awesome! thats hilarious!
Always chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
LOL
lolly pop3 chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
This was so funny! It had me giggling, first at the green peppers escapade and then at Legolas' little dilemma. Do you plan to continue this? I think a continuation with Legolas and his 'spicy treats' would be hilarious!
Lindir's Ghost chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I believe I made a pledge to submit a proper review...

I simply love this story. I love it. It just works.

I think that this story planted itself deeper in my memory than most others I have ever read. Trust me, I have read a LOT of fan fiction over the years, and there are very few that jump out and scream "Remember me!". The setting was that perfectly done, I had a complete depiction of the scene, the sights, the smells, the noise.

And it's funny.

I don't laugh easily at stories, because any attempted humour tends to try too hard and completely misses the mark. It's painful. In this story, though, it flows quite beautifully through the character interaction ... Legolas' revulsion at Aragorn's grease-coated hands, for example. Whom other than a true friend could speak to the King of Gondor in such a way?

And those tiny green peppers. Wow. I have met with tiny green peppers before, and I actually covered my mouth when Legolas put them in his. "Not for eating" indeed. No, they certainly aren't. That was a really brilliant scene, inspired, actually.

I love Aragorn and Legolas friendship stories, but so many of them have a hollow feel; there's not enough flesh to their relationship generally. Not so in here (or your other stories). You have no fear when it comes to introducing conflict between them, even displaying the more petty sides of their individual personalities when exacting revenge. I really appreciate that. Th exchages between them are competely natural and illustrate their relationship perfectly. They aren't a King and a Prince when they are together, but two friends on the most fantastic level.

This review reads very much like I'm gushing praise. I suppose I am, but trust me, I'm not one of those simpering reviewers. If something is wrong with a story - plot, characterisation, content - I'm not afraid to say it straight. But I can't find anything to criticise. It's just too good!

I will say, though, that I would be thrilled if you were to write another one of your tale for your series.

All the very best,

Ghost
Elflingimp chapter 2 . 7/18/2011
Lol! That was funny, silly elf he should know Aragorn would'nt let him off that lightly!. Good to hear from you, hope you will write again sometime...I loved your stories you know. Hugs The Imp
Elfinabottle chapter 2 . 7/17/2011
That Aragorn truly has a wicked mind. As do you two. Very funny!
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I thought this was very funny. And I never imagined Legolas could be so evil! After all the pepper disaster was his own fault. Oh the things friends will do to each other.
leralonde chapter 2 . 7/16/2011
Hello, old friend. As long as its been, it seems like only yesterday. I can't believe its been 3 years since the beginning of this story. And you don't miss a beat. I don't know how you do it. You mix all that humor with all that angst. And it comes out perfect. Legolas was so sorry for what he had done. And he should have been. But now Aragorn is going to get back at him after convincing him that all is well. I wonder what kind of angst this is going to cause. And plenty of humor for us I am sure. Please don't take 3 years to give us the next installment. You are writing now, aren't you?
GreenGreatDragon chapter 2 . 7/16/2011
you're back! i'm so happy! and with another amusing chapter, of course! i can just imagine legolas' horror in this situation... hilarious! please update again soon!
Expecting Rain chapter 2 . 7/15/2011
You're still writing! :D I was so excited to see the alert for this! I really hope LotR fandom ges ressurected when the Hobbit comes out, because I want more Aragorn/Legolas friendship stories to read!

Haha, I love how poetic and high register Legolas's thoughts of his prank are - makes it all the funnier! And the whole situation with the Haradric girl was just so incredibly awkward and hilarious! Poor Legolas!
OmairaAndCairistionaTheSisters chapter 2 . 7/15/2011
I love the plot involving the peppers, being very intolerant of them myself. Is there perhaps a third installment chronicling those 2 spicy weeks? *hopefully smiles*
WonderingGirl chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Wow!

What an amazing one shot!

The whole ''spicy green peppers'' plot made me laugh like crazy! That is definitely the kind of story I could read again and again and still laugh!

Thank you for that great fanfic!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »