Reviews for In Too Deep
Guest chapter 10 . 7/19/2020
Sad but a good story
Guest chapter 10 . 8/1/2019
Jack find happiness! Awesome. Kerry's not a bad choice at all, although Jack with anyone other than Carter is a win if he's genuinely happy.
Dozi199 chapter 10 . 5/28/2017
What a great little fic! I've read it many times but not reviewed before now. Finally, someone realises that the Great Sam Carter is not so great after all. I really liked her in the series, but hell she was annoying declaring "I was right" all the damn time! As for her treatment of Jack, what a tease! and a heartbreaker... I was happy to see Jack was finally getting some real action in "Threads"...and i love your continuation of the story. I like happily ever after with Jack and Kerry!
drubo.drubo chapter 8 . 4/12/2015
That a great epilogue. It should happen this way. after reading your story i believe it did.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/9/2013
Great ending, lets call this the real 'Threads- part II'. I do like Carter but the Black Widow aspect was a joke, trying to give her a love life by introducing Pete who seemd too creepy to me - huge mistake. The writers should have tried a Daniel/Carter ship isntead or not kill off Lantash/Martouf. But thanks for taking the S/J ship from off its pedestal
Guest chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
Ok I never was a S/J fan -those actors had no chemistry whatsoever! However Jack and Teal'c - great bromance! So way to go Jack, this is right move on and let Carter go hug her chemistry set at night or hook up with Daniel or better yet an AU Martouf/Lantash! ;o)
K5Rakitan chapter 10 . 3/5/2013
Vala married Mitchell? I kinda thought she would stick with Tomin and visit her other husbands from time to time.

I do get the thing about Jack not wanting to be the backup guy. Nothing is more annoying than someone who takes you for granted or assumes that they own you. I have an ex like that who seems to think that he can just walk back into my life and take me to bed. He could if he respected the relationship I have with my boyfriend, but he the problem is that he finds every excuse to put my boyfriend down and that's not cool. I happen to like the fact that my boyfriend is not jealous or possessive.
K5Rakitan chapter 9 . 3/5/2013
The monogamous rhetoric is a little strong here, but I feel Jack's worries about being older and not being able to spend much more time with her. A good friend of mine dated a couple where the man was much older than the woman, and part of the reason he liked my friend so much was that he was looking for a replacement to fill his shoes after he died. He wanted his wife to have someone to be happy with after he passed away.
K5Rakitan chapter 7 . 3/5/2013
Yes! Jack struck naqueda with her. Those are all the reasons I like Kerry.
K5Rakitan chapter 6 . 3/5/2013
Interesting theory about trust and love. I agree that trust is a key component of a relationship, but what constitutes a breach of trust depends on how well the people communicate with each other and the terms they set. With Jack and Sam never really sitting down to talk things over, I don't think there was ever any trust to break in the first place.

That is the reason I really like Kerry, though. She can say exactly what is on her mind and be frank about it.
K5Rakitan chapter 5 . 3/5/2013
That seemed really OOC for Daniel. I didn't think he would ever get so harsh.

I really didn't look at it as "Sam ran off with Pete." I saw it more as her family (Wasn't it her brother who introduced them?) was pushing her to have a relationship and she just felt so lonely she gave into their pushing. Sam was often hesitant around Pete, but he was also really pushy and didn't really give her an easy way to say no. The elevator thing struck me as more accidental than callous on her part. Of course, Jack doesn't have complete information on how she really feels.

Daniel could probably figure things out, though. I think he should have spent more time watching Sam as well as Jack.
K5Rakitan chapter 4 . 3/5/2013
Ba'al castrated Jack? Wow...
K5Rakitan chapter 3 . 3/5/2013
Ah yes! I figured that since Sam would put her career before any man, she would do much better in some sort of secondary relationship. Plus, I think she had a look of thoughtful revelation when she found out that Maybourne had several wives. While I certainly don't think she would go for Maybourne, I think that being a wife instead of the wife would allow her to keep her career on track while giving her somewhere to go at the end of the day... if they could all just sit down and talk about it.
K5Rakitan chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
I would think they could deal with STDs with all the technology they discovered such as nanites or the computer program Orlan gave them to defeat the Prior plague. I do agree that Jack would be cautious about that, though. Maybe not quite to that extent, but it would be on his mind. I was raised Catholic as well, and if anything that made me more curious. There's a Youtube video out there called "Shit Swingers Say" and part of it goes like this:

"I went to Catholic school."

"Me too!"

I've never had that particular conversation with other swingers, but a lot of the stuff on that video is really accurate, so I don't doubt it.
K5Rakitan chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
I never quite thought of Jack as Sam's second choice, but I always liked Kerry. You seem to be the only person out there who has kept the two of them together so far!

I'm actually planning a polyamorous story soon where Jack winds up with both of them at the same time, so I wanted to see what the other writers out there are saying about Kerry!