Reviews for Duty, Duty Must Be Done
scifijoe chapter 1 . 3/11
hi, here in El Paso, Tx, when I was called to Jury Duty, we are assigned to a particular court. If not needed, we can go. Duty Done. I was called and I ended in Juvie Court for 4 days. Yay?! It was interesting and difficult at the same time.

One question, what is the story about Jane Possible? How did she happen?
arrow-of-jane chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Having worked within the trial court system, I find this hilarious.
I remember cross-training this person from jury services department and during lull times she'd review jury exememption excuses. So I'd hear, "No. No. No. Oooh, this is a good one...but no." Man it seems tough to get out of jury duty.
Mimic chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Ah... the system... you try to be patriotic. The system makes you give up.
What I'm talking about? I know nothing about this, gueez, Americans! XD
I laughed so hard, though, this was good x3 (for us, not Kim, or you, be blessed, King.)
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I really doubt I properly got what was this all about. Laws and civcs have never really been my thing. "The Blind Leading The Blind" made a good work explaining things so anyone could understand things to a point, but I don't think I can say the same here. And what did Josh Mankey have to do with any of it, anyway? U

Oh, well. Not my favourite episode, but there's always next. _

Yours, "Sued for Lazy" Alexander/Alexlayer

Take care!
Desslock3 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
This story must take place before the last chapter of "The Price of Fame", otherwise Kim would have uploaded a bunch of fics in to her PDA. Or at least thats what I plan on doing next I get called for jury duty.
Han dj chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
I pictured Kim pumping her hands in the air while on court and can't stop myself from laughing.

I didn't picture kim in kim possible to act like that but she was really funny here, its like seeing Kasy in an adult form. heheheh
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Terrific little one-shot. Had me smiling all the way.

The pacing is artful, and Kim shouting "YES!" and pumping her fist is perfection.
Etherelemental chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
That was cute. Doesn't really feel like there should be more and is quite nice the way it is. Though, I found it really entertaining the way Kim cried out that she knew one of the people in the dispute in that session. Especially since she probably didn't realize that she shouldn't have sounded so excited by that simple fact. But anyway, thanks for posting this!
Mirenope chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
HEY! I learned more about the justice system, sort of. Yay!

Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades.
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
That would be the problem with calling Kim in for jury duty. Is there anyone out there she doesn't know? Is there anyone out there, in here, that doesn't owe her a favor?

Good story. If life hands you lawyers...
A Markov chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Cute little story. Love the way Kim learns about the jury system and her journey from "Eager to serve, civic-minded citizen" to "eager to go home, let me out of here."

21 dollars a day? Sign me up!

List of Romantics chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Just as boring and white-toast dry as I remember it. Perhaps Lady Justice wears the blindfold so she can take a nap? Thanks for all the boring flashbacks... I feel your pain.

Too bad you weren't stranded in a Strip club for the last week... ;-) Something about KP and Shego "undercover" to save the world, why that sounds positively delightful.
storyreader51 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
As someone who has been called twice for this "civic duty", I loved how annoyed Kim got towards the end. Sitting and waiting stinks! (Both times called, I had to serve four days, instead of the two we were "supposed" to, due to sitting and waiting.)

One of the funnier stories out there.
noncynic chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Very nice. Too tired to give more of a review. Life inspires us all, though, doesn't it?
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 1 . 7/1/2008

I am reminded of the times I had duty. Of the four times I was picked for jury duty, I only served once on a jury for an actual trial.

Fortunately, it was short. Also, I can tell the story without any names being said. Frankly, I forgot who it involved, was 16 years ago...

It was in 'imminent domain' case involving a dispute over the value of land being purchased by the local government. The owner disputed the originally-offered amount and took it to court. Under the Florida Constitution, all cases of this nature require a jury trial.

It took loger to read the case and have the judge formally red the jury instructions than it did to reach a verdict. According o the instructions, we could not award the owner more than the highest appraised value; nor coud we award less than the lowest appraisal.

There was only one appraisal amount, with no other figure being offered by the owner. The owner got that amount and the case was closed.

At least KP did not get 30 days in the hoosegow for her contempt.

Also, I would hope you would do a story on Shego's first case, perhaps going against the DA who first put her in jail (for an added level of intimidation).

Just an idea from...