Reviews for Window to the Soul
garnmcgaughn chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Great story and loved how you set it up.
Smayz chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
The contact lenses was a nice touch and I'm glad that Ivy was jealous. I'm glad Rachel sent the guy away and got together with Ivy.
GothicPheonix chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
XD Aww XD
Trisha chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Love this too! Especially the last few lines.
Palistus chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Quite a nice story, I'm new the the Hollows series, on page 200 of the first book or so, but already I love this pairing!
fembuck chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
So good. Jealous!Rachel is the best. She totes loves Ivy's possessiveness. I really liked that Ivy lack of a response made Rachel consider her feelings. Who would have thought that a pair of contacts could have such positive results! Ivy admitting that she wanted to kick Marshall's ass at the end, also warmed my heart. Ivy's violent impulses towards Rachel's suitors warm my heart. I don't care how cavewoman it is, I love that "Rachel mine" streak in her. It's hot as hell.
Chris chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
A well written take on something I hope is inevitable. Thanks!
Kera chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
this short was awesome

you should so continue it

i would love to read more of your work with ivy and rachel
Alphawolf69 chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
*blinks in surprise*

How on earth did I miss TWO of your stories?

*sighs* It's lucky I got bored and was trying to find an older story here...

I like the set-up in this story; especially because you get that awkward flirtatious/uneasy interaction between Rachel and Marshall. When I first finished FOC, I immediately (after grinning and jumping around because of TITV scene) sighed and realised that Marshall was inevitably going to rear his bald head again later. Unlike Nick, I don't hate Marshall (although he does irritate me at times) but he is an INCREDIBLY boring character. It doesn't say much for him that Rachel only began to get slightly more intrigued by the idea of a relationship with him after her mum told her they wouldn't make a good couple anyway (or something to that effect).

Anyway, as always, Ivy was near perfect *grins* and Rachel's transparent insecurity about her losing interest (mainly because she didn't acknowledge what was driving that feeling) was also amusing and definitely in character.

The only part of the entire thing that felt a little rushed/forced, was this:

/"Your eyes didn't change when you came in and Marshall was about to kiss me and you didn't react. The last time that happened, Piscary had...you know..." I glossed over what exactly Piscary had done, because I didn't know and what I did know I didn't want to think about. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."/

Rachel is probably more likely to vague-up her reply and make it non-related to her e.g. "Well, I noticed you've been...um, distant, the past couple of days and I was wondering if, y'know...everything was okay?"

In the scheme of the story it probably doesn't matter, because it doesn't really disturb the flow.

I really liked the ending *grins*, although you have to admit watching Ivy make clear to Marshall who Rachel's lover was going to be would've been bloody hilarious (argh, I rambled for much longer than I intended...). I'll check out 'Just Stay With Me' later *stretches happily* I've been starved of Ivy/Rachel stories recently.
Dashed chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
The best thing about this was that it was so plausible. I could just see this happening in one of the books if Rachel wasn’t so much of a damn tease!

I love how in character they are and I’ve always found Marshall a bit of a bore.
danielle chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
OMG. this is really good. I love Ivy and Rachel and u captured their 'essence' well. keep-on-a-writing.
Stephannie1014 chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Another great one-shot and I can't wait to see what you write for us next! And I'm all for you not being able to write a 'short' Rachel/Ivy story.
miarath chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Beautifully done! It's lovely and I really like this thing about the contact lenses...
Savior 8801 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
I don't get why nobody reviews this story... Must be they're fed up of telling you how great you are. ;-)
Icipher chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
It's hard to write a review when I'm just this quivering (happily) mess on the floor. Well I don't know where to begin. "I grimaced. That wasn't the response I'd been hoping for. We hadn't been spending much time together lately and I missed that. It seemed as if I might need reassurance that I still liked me as much as she did sometimes." That was a great culmination of the first chapter. Then contrasting Rachel's feelings and her cooking was a very nice touch, with Marshall. Ivy walking in and Rachel just dismissing Marshal, major ouch. I can see their relationship ending just there. Contacts, kick-ass dangerous Ivy (not just lovey-dovey), kissing... brain melt-down detected, engaging core shutdown to prevent cerebral cortex corruption. Yeah, it was good. Thank you, Jaina, for this fabulous fic. It was like a missing piece from one of Kim's books.