Reviews for Burger Bars and Bullet Wounds
Linnie McCary chapter 2 . 7/3/2008
Lots of excellent wordsmithing here, Liz. My favorite was the line about the 747. Great job!
skag trendy chapter 2 . 7/3/2008
I'm actually reviewing this chapter right before I've even read all of it. In fact I got as far as the first couple of paragraphs.

And that's for damn good reason.

It's time to cut the crap my girl and start writing for real. And there aint many writers I can say that about.

Time to take on that professional edge I once believe you told me you wanted.

Something like this is a risk, but I reckon you'll one day find it worth it.

Now, once you've finished this fic I want to hear that you've started writing your own stories, with your own characters...and I want a personally signed copy of your first blockbuster.

Again.

I aint fu*cking joking!

Many kind regards and admiration,

ST.x.
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
I adore your turn of phrase:

Sam lets another handful of minutes trickle though his fingers before he lifts himself off of the bed and lurches into the bathroom, flicking on the light as he leans over the toilet bowl, preparing to say hello to his McDonalds lunch for a second time in the same day.

'The pizza smells good and Sam's suddenly hungry, especially considering he ate lunch but then didn't.'

'"Tell me there are some vegetables on that pizza?" Sam asks, promptly wishing he hadn't as a sliced mushroom pings off his forehead.'

Love, love, love it!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
hm.. great start... now I really want pizza...
skag trendy chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Loving it already. This is so far the perfect mix of brotherly angst and humour.

Well done mate. Superb work as usual.

Kind regards,

ST.x.
Rat chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Great beginning, I am looking forward to reading the rest.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Oh yeah... I'm ready for more. Hold the chicken lips.
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Great first chapter - I like how you instantly put the boys against each other, without either of them meaning to be.

The avoidance 'routine' is a good one!

Love the food/angst/ and hoping for some action in the next chapter!

Update soon!

Hob x
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
I like the mushroom to the forehead. Great brother moments here and just enough angst to be a great story. I'm really enjoying this and can't wait for part two.
TammiTam chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Oh what an awesome start! Can't wait for more. And ... where have you been? We've missed you on the board! :) Can't wait for more, I love your insight to the boys ... it's honestly refreshing and amazing.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Terrific first chappie! Loved the way you portrayed the brothers' relationship in those early days and how they view each other, not quite knowing yet how to connect. There's a lot of anger, resentment, grief and also, tentative affection. I really enjoy fics that explore this aspect of Season 1-we've gotten so used to seeing the Dean and Sam of recent episodes that it's easy to forget that bond didn't just form overnight.

(So happy to see there'll be a new chapter up soon!)
Azure the Dragonlady chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Great start. Looking forward to more.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2