Reviews for Being Cruel To Be Kind
Aguna chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
You made me cry

But I loved to see an parental John :)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
What a stupid, stupid plan John Winchester came up with. Only a drinking man would ever try such a thing.

You had a good idea here. This sounds exactly like something the man who hid from his sons for most of a year instead of sharing his intel on the yellow eyed demon might do.
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Hey Honey

Sorry been so quiet for so long, shifted house and had troubles with my internet connection, 3 weeks later and I'm back, so now playing catch up big, big time.

A great little one shot Hon, and a very interesting take on the 'big' fight ... it fits quite well with the exposition we already have. Well done.

Hugs Shelly
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Wow, that was really good. The idea that John actually wanted him to go instead of keeping him home was really interesting. Poor, poor John, through all that. Totally lved how it was done, so great job.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
I would love to see what if Sam finds out what Really John Felt and wanted. That would be great. Maybe John should get drunk one night and Sam over hears him talk to Bobby about it.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
great
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Interesting take on it - that John deliberately said the harsh words he didn't really mean to get Sammy to take the opportunity he would have turned down. Could imagine how much it hurt John to say those words and that he would have needed the whiskey before and after to have the courage, and dull the pain! And sad that both his sons thought he really meant the words and John not able to explain otherwise!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Wow, this was really heartbreaking. Listening to the horrible things that came out of John's mouth, while knowing, he was trying to make Sam go to protect him. Really a great idea you came up with there. Hugs, Vonnie
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Wow, I really liked this! Thanks for writing it, I loved the inner thoughts John was having!
IndigoNightandRayneStorm chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Aw, so sad :( Awesome story.
HollyGer chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Ohh amazing!

lOVED IT!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Heart-wrenching little ficlet and well written as always.

I don't think that this is what happened that fateful night but on the other hand I do believe that John would have gone to such lengths if necessary. He truly loved both his sons, no matter how much he might have failed at showing it.
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
That you wrote this excellent one shot in an hour speaks volumes to how talented a writer you are. I liked your take on the argument between John and Sam that ended with Sam going off to Stanford. Well written. Good job!
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Wonderful story Peanut! John did for Sam's own good and now Sam will never know that. Its so sad. Once again your talent amazes me!

You should do do another one shot where John finds out about Jess' death and realizes that his plan to keep Sam off of the YED radar didn't work.

“Was we just going to wake up one morning and find you gone?”

Was should be were. I just wanted to let you know.