Reviews for Mr Monarch Laments
nirvanadonut chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
this is one of the more hilarious fics i've read in a while.

that guy from depeche mode was pretty helpful. in other news, i've always thought of the monarch as a smiths fan. maybe he can have a heart to heart with dean about that.

thanks for posting. :-D
Experimental chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Christian Science Ninja Team. . . . Love it! Whole thing was genius, including the last line. The dialog is genuine VB.
Hobey-ho chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Bahahahahaha!. Added points for "That guy from Depeche Mode" and the " I don't understand why a man can hate another man" quote! Hell yes. Depeche Mode fans unite.

Love your villains in thsi piece, so Venturequse. Especially the bird hermaprodite Japanese guy and The Monarch's response. You are genius. Have you seen any of season four yet?
tessisamess chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Oh, man. That was so perfect. Absolutely hilarious!

Sidenote: I love Veruca Salt. XD
Professor Killjoy chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Great story. You did a great job depicting the Monarch's life with arching. I love his interacting with his fellow Guild members. The conversations are well-written; they sound natural and you did a great job depicting the Monarch's personality through his dialogue.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Excellent short fic. Laughed myself silly. A good fun read, very much in the same spirt as the show.
OxfordTweed chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
I love this little vignette into Monarch's personal life. He makes a very good point; what's the fun in arching somebody you hardly know?
koolkame chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Very Venture, especially the Monarch. You "get" the show very well.

And Brock punches guys. Practically canon.
A Sweet Catastrophe chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
That sounded like a real seen from the show. And yeah for 80s and 90s music references!

Oh, and best sidenote ending ever.
TranceGemini613 chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Oh, my God. The whole thing is fantastic. I-I can't pick out a favorite...no, wait...it was your use of "breasticles"-NO! No, it was the Depeche Mode/Smiths thing-NO WAIT! A:kjDL:KJF CAN'T DECIDE!

I think I love you, and I don't even know you.
Tetsu Deinonychus chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Very, very Monarch!

Loved it!
Seth chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Good start! Hope you continue this!