Reviews for Caught in the Undertow
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 3 . 11/5/2011
Loved this! Liked all the interactions between the characters, and how you explored the relationship between Derek and John and the issues both of them have
History Maker 21730 chapter 3 . 5/17/2011
This is very sweet.. I was smiling when I was reading this..

Wonderful story

Miguel Artadi chapter 3 . 7/5/2008
Thank you for writing this wonderful story. Frakkin' beautifully done I tell ya. Everyone was spot on )
Schmacky chapter 3 . 7/4/2008
"Storm's coming."

A flash of lightning lit up the sky and John barely was able to count to three before a rumble of thunder shook him to his core. "Storm's here."

His mother slung an arm over his shoulder and brushed her lips across his temple. "Not if I have any say in the matter."

"Going to take on Mother Nature?"

She butted her shoulder against his. "Don't think I'll win the battle?"

"The bitch doesn't stand a chance against you."

His mother laughed. "You say the sweetest things."

"I try."

That actually made me laugh. Love it. Great story, the interaction between everyone was spot on. I could totally see this as a real episode and not some crazy fantasy fans have :p
whitelite chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
This is a great story! You've stayed very true to character, and done a great job capturing all the conflicting emotions. I loved it.
Myxale chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
A well written fic!

You guys managed a real decent John & Derek fic with lots of great character interaction!

You have John and Derek down really well, and you also addressed one of Derek's problems. His love/hate relation ship with future John!

And how Derek sometimes vents his frustration on present day John!

You also did a great with Sarah and Charley. Later was as always a shining father-figure.

Cameron did have some less screen-time than usual, and I also doubt that Derek and Sarah would've been able to "field-test" John in such a way without Cameron going ballistic on them!

But then again this fic dealt with John and Derek only and is one of the best in this regard!

Kudos!
Flatlander chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
Wow. That was not bad. Wait, let me try again. That was GOOD.

No, wait, let me try AGAIN. That was BRILLIANT.

The characters are captured perfectly, right down to Cameron even if she gets a lot less "screen time" than the others. Derek in particular is well-done; sometimes I note how he acts differently around John than with Sarah (ugh John needs to be this way) or Cameron (METAL BITCH), and you captured that variance in behavior perfectly.

The whole theme of the run and the fall was kept very strongly alive, and as a topic of contention, it was really well represented. I also noticed that John "evolved" somewhat over the course of the story; from his predefined teenager self to suddenly resembling "metal" in the anger that he felt.

I am a JohnxCameron fan, and I was disappointed that not only was our favorite cybernetic organism given little story time, she was also somewhat abused by the other characters. Then again, JohnxCameron is quite unrealistic and really is just the subject of many "Sque!" fantasies. I liked the story anyway.

Oh well. That was a blast! I was actually inspired somewhat by this story and I immediately wrote a oneshot afterwards! _ Heehee. Good job! Hope to see more from you.
Metroid13 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Alright, while these all certainly look very good (though I haven't read them yet,) can you please compile them all into one story with multiple chapters, rather than what you're doing now? It sort of clutters the archive. Don't let a chapter's length preclude you from making what it should be; a chapter.