Reviews for Away from the Sun
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 7 . 8/14/2010
Thank you for the good story.:)
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 7 . 3/4/2010
Beautiful, dear...just beautiful! How i love to explore Dean's complicated psyche!

ukfan101 chapter 7 . 8/21/2008
great story, filled with great little moments. I was trying to think of a favorite part or line, but there are a lot of them...but if I had to pick a favorite it would be "It made sense to Dean that he’d made his family whole; his life would have been so different if his mom had lived. He used to make fun of Sam for wanting a so-called normal life, but secretly, that’s what Dean had always wanted. He liked the weapons he used as a hunter and enjoyed getting rid of the evil creatures, but he also wanted a home to go to. And maybe, just maybe, someone to share that home with him. Dean would always want Sam close by, but he also wanted a woman that was more than a one-night stand. Every now and then, Dean would allow himself to think about that. Usually it was when he was drunk or had just bedded some random woman he picked up in a bar. He never allowed himself to think about it for very long thought because it always hurt too much. He knew he would never have it; he probably didn’t even deserve it." really well written! great job
CB Walters chapter 7 . 8/1/2008
I thought this was a really well-written story. I can tell that you really understand Dean as a character. It was a little heart-breaking to read those sections where he honestly thought he was a different person, especially knowing that things are just gonna get harder for Dean from here on out. You really managed to capture the conflict that makes Dean such an interesting character: that vulnerability buried underneath so many layers of bravado.

Thanks for writing!

ephiny63 chapter 7 . 7/22/2008
Hey Honey

Sorry been so quiet for so long, shifted house and had troubles with my internet connection, 3 weeks later and I'm back, so now playing catch up big, big time.

I have just finished reading your new story from start to finish and I loved it, I felt so much for both of the brothers and am very intrigued with the demon. Are you thinking of using him in another story? A sequel perhaps?

Anyway a great job with this one, a wonderful story to come back to.

hugs Shelly
zuimar chapter 7 . 7/5/2008
What an amazing fic this is, I enjoyed reading the quickly updates enormously! Thank you!
deangirl1 chapter 7 . 7/5/2008
This was a really interesting take on Dean's psyche. Again, I really appreciate the detail that you put into this. While I think on the one hand that this is an au Dean, on the other hand it really does fit with the real Dean too. I think that it's possible to see that his life could have damaged him this much, I think the remarkable thing is that it didn't. Anyway, very thought provoking and riveting writing... And a very interesting take on the demon following Dean around ~ are we going to see him(?) around again in another story?

Thanks for this - I can imagine that this was not an easy story to write...
alwaysateen chapter 7 . 7/4/2008
Great ending to a wonderful story.

That demon, is it really a demon after all? I mean, it was glad Dean was better, it got attached. Remind me of Cassie, in "Sin City", she was a very nice demon. :)

I'm so happy Dean saw Lindsey again, I hope they gonna see each other again in a near future, it did good for both of them.
Shannz chapter 7 . 7/4/2008
I very much enjoyed this little journey Theresa. It seems terrible to say that - how such angst for Dean could bring me such pleasure...but it did :)

I adored Sam's attentiveness and gentleness in this. And yes - when I pictured Lindsey I did see Carmen.

So - I've got to ask. Was the demon in this just a way for your to show another POV or is *it* going to pop up again down the road? Very interesting viewpoint to use regardless. If some demons were once humans - it does make one wonder if all humanity could be stripped away...

Wonderful job. Very enjoyable story.

Shannz chapter 6 . 7/4/2008
Oh, come on! You can't stop there!

**He loved his father, but hated him at the same time. He loved Bobby, but it felt was disloyal to his father’s memory. He enjoyed hunting and the satisfaction of beating the bad guys, but felt trapped in a world he wasn’t sure he really wanted to be a part of anymore He wanted to settle down and have a family some day, but didn’t think he would ever find a woman who would love him enough. He knew he was basically a good person, but didn’t think he deserved to be happy.**

That part was just-wow-so well done. Wonderful character insight.

I'm thinking Dean really does need to have a moment with Lindsey. I can tell already that she's no Cassie.

Lovin' this!

deangirl1 chapter 6 . 7/4/2008
AARRgh! I can't believe you left it there! Thank heavens you are posting this so quickly! I just love the detail you are devoting to this story and Dean's poor battered psyche. Can't wait to see how Sam responds to Dean's admission - I also can't wait to see what Dean does next... I'm with the demon, I think that Dean is on the verge of doing something incredibly drastic but hopefully, whatever it is, it will also prove to be cathartic...
deangirl1 chapter 5 . 7/4/2008
Wow. I can't believe how quickly you are posting this! I love the detail that you are putting into Dean's psychic journey and the entire story. This demon is totally creeping me out... hate the way he's just following Dean around, pawing through his mind - I'm hoping that Sam is going to clue in soon and blast it's nasty scanky butt back to hell!
gatorpez chapter 5 . 7/4/2008
You definitely have me hooked on this fic. *g*

It's so sad that Dean is wondering if he's done something wrong/bad to Lindsey, he doesn't realize that he's a good man that wouldn't hurt a woman.

I can't wait to read more.
poetic heart 75 chapter 4 . 7/4/2008
I love the idea of a mind reading demon probing Dean's memories. Keep up the good work
KatieLB chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
another great chapter... oh those lives those sweet boys have lived... cant wait for the next chapter