Reviews for Lessons in White
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Great story! Fantastic! Loved it!
eternallycharmed chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I loved the line, "Man, he was cleaning Dean's injuries in a motel room and judging severity by how much his stoic brother writhed from the pain. Sometimes the twistedness of their lifestyle just hit home all over again." It was just so strong and sad and so so true for the Winchesters. Plus the line, "Blood and scars and bandages… It was the way Winchesters showed love." Aww. Awesome story, I love your writing.
luvjase chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Another excellent job. I love how you show how much they love each other simply by taking care of or saving each other. "Blood and scars and bandages.." is a perfect summation of Winchester love. You are just so good. I especially loved that they both sleep better when the other is around. Thanks so very much for sharing this. Oh, I finally got around to looking up a bunyip - ugly thing. Thanks again!
Fair-Ithil chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
"Blood and scars and bandages...It was the way Winchesters showed love"

Truer words have never been said.

I love that you can create this moments so perfectly, they really do remind me of the quiet brother moments the Show gives us. Your prose is excellent, never to overwrought or loaded. It's practical and to-point, much like the boys themselves. But more than just that you're totally pwning on one of my favorite SPN set ups: the aftermath of a hunt. I always feel cheated when we see major whumping go down but none of the fixing up. Just lovely.
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Squetastic!

Bit sappy, but who doesn't love a bit of sap now and then. Loved it!

TTFN,

Supernoodle x
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
I loved this one so much because of the warmth and comfort in it. It's nice to see Sam take care of Dean, too. I love that you let him understand Dean so well and the edning was just perfect. They neededing each other is just so heartwarming. :) Great work! Thank you! :)
heyesgirl chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I love all of your stories. But this one was really great. Love when Sam takes care of Dean. Love the dialogue. Great great!
TraSan chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Hey, catching up on a vacation lag. :)

I really liked the way Sam kept talking to Dean for one part reassurance and one part to keep Dean from reacting in fight mode. An excellent view into both boys personality with a single act.

Wonderfully done.
PADavis chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
This was really quite beautiful. Wounds visible and invisible. Testosterone and leather - hah! Melancholy and funny, ironic and loving. I needed to read it a couple of times, and then go back and re-read a few others, and suddenly it was Sunday and you're new story is in the hopper.

And I always think about, but have probably never said, how much I appreciate your casual protrayal of what must be the total lack of embarassment they have around each other. Much more believable and non sexual in a brother's relationship than the 'nudge nudge wink wink' implied prurience of those who have them clutching their boxers, or refusing to sleep in the same bed. So thank you.

Phoebe
Cerdo Volador chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
"Only the amulet, its shine dulled with grime, stayed, because that was the one nakedness Dean would not tolerate."

Dude, I just love this line, and so many others, because, the whole fic was awesome... excellent work Hanna!

See you around :D
Twinchy chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Sweet, tender, moving and generally awesome ficlet, Hanna.

You're offering gorgeous (and IMHO very well observed) insights into the boys and their relation to each other, and the story never once gets boring even though the main part was about the aftermath rather than the hunt itself.

For the life of me, I cannot come up with so much as one suggestion for an improvement. Great job!
bhoney chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I loved this story the first time I read it in the zine, and I still really like it. Very well written, some of your lines are almost poetic.

A few of my favorites: "Injuries in the line of duty, to help people who would never know, and to save Sam, who knew all too well."

And: "...they'd both pretend they didn't have to be doctor and therapist and caretaker for each other on a too-regular basis. It worked. They made it work. Brotherhood smoothed over a lot, embarrassment and pain." Nice insight on their relationship.

I really loved this: "Two of the fingers were wrapped, too, older, stained bandages from the previous job, where Dean's only souvenir had been deep rope burns from reeling Sam away from a jacko that was determined to carry him off. Sam brushed over the white strips, and the signs of his brother's love they hid." I especially love that last sentence, and the way you tie this whole story together, by showing that all of the bandages are signs of love.

And this was a neat bit of insight too: "Dean...surrendered to sleep in the way he only did when Sam was there. Sam had only realized there was a difference when he'd taken a walk once before bed and stood watching Dean through the window a long time before coming back in. The uneasy shifting and tense posture had melted away the moment Sam had opened the door. He could fool himself sometimes that it was about Dean needing someone to watch his back, but Sam knew it was at least as much about Dean being able to watch Sam's again." And then: "Dean wasn't the only one who slept better when his brother was there."

But of course, this was my favorite line of all: "Blood and scars and bandages… It was the way Winchesters showed love." *sigh* Too true.

Nicely done!

Now how long is it till Sunday? ;)
may7fic chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Gorgeous, as always. Loved Sam's thoughts throughout, providing us insight into him and as well as his insights into Dean.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
A really beautifully written, tender story about how and especially how deeply the brothers care for each other, which way tenderness and care are allowed to show.

I loved the introspective view of Sam in this fantastic piece of work; and you made it work perfectly in letting Sam recall the hunt and how it went to hell. Dean was all in protective big-brother mode. Very convincing characterizations and great aftermath story. It was a wonderful read!
carocali chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Ah, the manly Dean. So endearing, and such a pain in the a$$. It seems these boys would each have promising careers in med school if they ever decided to leave hunting!

:D