Reviews for The Kindling
Infinitechange chapter 6 . 5/22/2011
Very fun and awesome story.
jennamajig chapter 6 . 7/12/2010
I had read this a long time ago and never thought to bookmark or review it. How stupid of me on both accounts! This is a truly gorgeous story that captures Carson's thoughts perfectly. I've finally been able to watch the Carson episodes of seasons 4 and 5 and I've often wondered how he coped with being a clone, being the "other" Carson, as you write here. That all of his wonderful memories are some of the same memories that cause his friends pain and drive them away. I love the friendship between Teyla and Carson here, and the surprise friendship between Carson and Lorne. The Ronon chapter was also lovely and my heart broke a little when Carson talked about trying to be someone else because who he is just brings painful reminders to those close to. I've often thought of trying to write a story capturing the cloned Carson's feelings once he returns to Earth for those six months, but this story already captures his feelings and struggles so well. Thank you so much for sharing (though I do hope he and Rodney can continue to rediscover/fully fix their friendship as well).
tripwatcher2 chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
Wow - I really like Carson's perspective here! Because he's not the same, and yet in some ways he is. It's a very odd situation and I like the way you show the team and Lorne and Carson dealing with it. It's very realistic and well-written!
Asugar chapter 6 . 9/5/2008
A beautiful end to this story (although I'm sure I am not the only reader who would love sequels). You really capture well how everyone must be reacting and Carson must be reacting to his return to health/life/Atlantis/Earth. I love the Lorne/Carson friendship; it makes total sense. I hope Rodney and Carson's friendship can recover. They were so close, closer to each other than anyone, that to not have that again would be a double loss to both. So happy that John and Teyla are together. The view from afar, the tickling and wrestling with Torren, football...adorable and heartwarming. I love it so much. Did I miss a chapter? I remember Carson giving John a verbal slap upside the head about Teyla but I don't remember seeing the reconciliation. If you didn't include it, I'd love to see your take on it. Thanks so much for sharing this and I can't wait to see more from you.
jtjaforever chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
i've missed this story. Very nice moment between Lorne and Carson. Nice insight on Carson's need to be accepted on his own merits. And beautiful picture of family at the end.

Update soon.
LinziDay chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
Aw! Lovely! Carson... *happy sigh*

Ha! And I love this:

“He has us lot raising him; Sheppard’s down there playing football with him but you’re telling him the sport is named after a different sports and that football is more like rugby.” Carson laughed lightly and nodded. “And then Rodney is teaching him about quarks and the boy can hardly speak, while Ronon is trying to teach him how to fight, the marines are teaching him how to hide while Teyla is trying to keep him spiritual and grounded.”
Hallowed are the Ancients chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
This is a really good story! I always feel sorry for Carson's clone. It would suck not bbeing able to see your mother anaymore, your friends pitying you because you're not the "real" you.

Good story!
Nachtwache chapter 5 . 8/15/2008
Wow, great chapter... love your Ronon...
Asugar chapter 5 . 8/13/2008
Heartbreaking. How Carson not to want to do anything that might hurt someone.
Deana chapter 5 . 8/13/2008
Nicely done! More please! ;)
Asugar chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
This is great. Teyla and Carson friendship scenes are rare and give an interesting perspective.
Asugar chapter 2 . 8/1/2008
Heh. Fishing. Wouldn't think John would have the patience for it. Nicely done.
Asugar chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Lorne and John's conversation is beautifully done. Love this.
Harm Marie chapter 4 . 7/12/2008
Just found this story and I love it. I'm looking forward to more.
LinziDay chapter 4 . 7/11/2008