Reviews for Terminus Pointe
Pip chapter 5 . 12/11/2012
I liked the character of Concordia!
moonshinesally chapter 5 . 4/3/2011
We're having a re-run of Bleak House right now and that made me to look for some fanfiction. And so I came across your story. It is absolutely fantastic. I do hope you come back to it and give us a new chapter.
Bad Octopus chapter 4 . 2/8/2010
Oh my goodness! I didn't even know you'd updated! I seriously need a different email provider. The one I've got now keeps sending important mail into the Junk folder. Argh.

It's a good thing I thought to see if you'd updated! I'm so glad you've continued this story. And this was a wonderful chapter. I just wish I'd seen it sooner! I was so happy when Concordia asked Jenny to stay. I knew she probably would, but it made me happy anyway. And oh my goodness, Inspector Bucket is so sweet! I love how he's gotten all attached to Saffney, and calls her his little lotus. I always liked Inspector Bucket; he was very good at his line of work, but he didn't allow it to make him hard-hearted. I'm glad to see you've done him justice.

I know it's been a while since you updated, but I sincerely hope you haven't forgotten about this story. I'm so envious of the way you write, but I admire you for it even more. And I really want to know what happens next. Please continue, and hopefully soon!

- Octopus
Bad Octopus chapter 3 . 2/2/2009
Flipping computer! It keeps crashing on me. However, I did manage to read the latest chapter. Excellent, once again. I'm beyond relieved that Concordia recovered from the attack; you don't know how refreshing her character has been so far. As much as I love Dickens, some of his characters were so exaggerated in their cloying sweetness or psychotic brutality, that it's just such a nice change to see a protagonist who is... balanced, for lack of a better word. Was it my imagination, or did I detect some fond feelings between Concordia and Jarndyce? He really does deserve to be happy, the dear sweet man. Even if it is my imagination, I still loved the part when she put the Indian balm on his forehead. Although holy cow, how'd she get so rich? And who was that figure in her dream? I have so many questions. But I suppose I can be patient.

I am curious, though, to know how old Saffney is. According to Bucket, she is young, but with the air of a woman much older. She must not be a child, at any rate, if she's finished her studies in Paris.

Aagh! I just can't wait for the next chapter. It just keeps getting better. By the way, I almost died laughing when Guppy made that comment about "Miss Bottomley's final needs" and received death glares from everyone. That was SO Guppy. Well-meaning but tactless. He tries so hard. Anyway, I'll shut up. Please continue this story, and please let it be soon. I am your most humble and obedient servant.

Bad Octopus chapter 2 . 2/2/2009
Oh goodness. The suspense is killing me! Concordia had better recover. You can't create a character that good and just kill her off. Although what am I saying? Authors do it all the time! Nonetheless, I'd be very sad if she died. She's just so endearing. So is Saffney, for that matter! It's a really interesting change to have someone with her background and exotic coloring in such an English setting. I like the contrast. And she's adorable. :)

Speaking of adorable, thank you for including the hilariously artless Mr. Guppy in your story. I always loved his frazzled attempts to be proper and genteel, and you've portrayed his character so perfectly. And you've given him his own law firm! How kind of you. I only hope Smallweed doesn't sabotage it.

Anyway, I need to stop rambling and read the next chapter. I'm in agony!

Bad Octopus chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Oh, I'm already in love with this story. Bleak House is undoubtedly my favorite novel by Dickens, but I never see any Bleak House fanfiction. It's pretty clear just from this first chapter that you love it too, as well as the excellent BBC version. Your writing style is lovely. It's the perfect blend of dialogue and description; there's not too much of either. And it has a nice Victorian feel, without being so old-fashioned that it's unreadable. And you have a vocabulary I find enviable. :D

Your portrayal of the many characters in the book are reassuringly faithful; it almost feels like greeting old friends who have been away for a long time! Jarndyce is his usual sweet self. Smallweed is spot-on, in all his glorious loathesomeness. And your new character, Miss Bottomley, seems to fit right in. She's quiet and unpretentious, but there's something mysterious about her. In short, she's distinctly Dickensian. I loved Inspector Bucket's observations about her.

To make a long review short, this story is splendid, and I feel compelled to write a review for each chapter. I'm curious to see if you've included Mr. Guppy in your story. He was always one of my favorite characters. The poor awkward lad. :)

Now I'm off to read the next chapter!

bookfaerie chapter 3 . 1/24/2009
Wow, yet another great chapter of Bleak House fanfiction! :D :D I really like it! It's a good plot and I think you portrayed Esther perfectly.
bookfaerie chapter 2 . 8/22/2008
This has a very exciting plot! Keep on writing!

Once again, a rare find-a fanfiction with almost no spelling/grammatical errors. BTW, the Magna Charta is spelled Magna Carta.

Or maybe it depends where you live.

Poor Concordia Bottomley...
bookfaerie chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I have always liked Bleak House...do continue. It's been the only decent Bleak House fanfiction I've ever read, and it's very well-written.