Reviews for A Promise to Be Better
I took my time to read Promise and I enjoyed it. The healing/medical information made since and you weren't afraid to get characters injured or suffer accordingly. I am guessing Snape never had to go back. It was a page turner and very intriguing with original plot. Liked the idea of the curse items and wonder why Voldemort didn't have a field day on Snape. I image he would injured or night. Anyway no complaints and I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing.
I loved how he has the students' support and Minerva is coming around to read. Love the snow scene of Dumbledore joining Snape by the window
Yeah right, I have a bad feeling about Black coming to Hogwarts. Extra eyes yes but what about Snape? Of course Dumbledore would agree and look the other where all else is concerned when it comes to the Marauders. No surprise really. Still great story so far.
Lol, the painting was brilliant! I love the bit about Severus and the constellations in the great hall. Orion was the the first I could identify and learned. I can relate. Love it. Still, flippin' Minerva.
I have been taking my time reading this and enjoying it so far. Poor Severus, it's cute and sad how he asks for blackberry. I like the support he is Finally getting and it is a bit odd *chuckle* the sleeping arrangements but if it works. McGonagall and Flitwick ticks me off. I feel like slapping her! It is understandable how the students would accept and adapt to the new teaching approach. Children are more resilient. While the adults are set in their ways and beliefs. Making it hard for them to adjust to change even avoid it if possible. Then factor in the rumor mill and the joy of tearing down another especially a easy target. They would be denying his changes and ignoring the attempts. Past behave patterns and actions always out weighs the attempts to change. Well I feel I am rambling. Great story so far and on to the next chapter.
Minna cross chapter 46 . 4/6
This was fantastic! I am not ashamed to admit I stayed up till 5 am to finish this.
Wokanshutaiduo chapter 20 . 7/26/2016
Dumbles has too fucking big a blind spot when it comes to Sirius. AARGH.
Ravenclock chapter 2 . 4/20/2016
I really should know better than to read this on an empty stomach. And yes, I have read this several times before. Its that good. Very original and I like the way you portray the wizarding art of healing.
Beccissss chapter 46 . 3/20/2016
Such an amazing story! I read it in just one day! I could not stop reading! Loved it! :D
Sleepy Snape chapter 1 . 8/29/2015
*not real name, but you are FANTASTIC
All the fanfic is great!
But...a COMPUTER?!
Guest chapter 46 . 8/14/2015
'Twas beautiful
Sue Clover chapter 10 . 7/19/2015
Drs. Barnes and Beryl? I thought Beryl was a House Elf...
Also, I've been meaning to mention, but you seem to have a bit of a problem with erroneous punctuation, as well as other letters and symbols in random places. Might want to look into that. Or not, as it doesn't really distract from the story much.
Normally, I love Minnie, but in this story I am really pissed at her. I'm surprised Harry and Ron have been in it so little - they're always suspicious of Severus. But I suppose a week or two of decent treatment is proof enough for them, as well as the reports from other classes that he's being consistent. I'm proud of them. And him. Minerva and the other teachers just need an attitude adjustment.
Sue Clover chapter 4 . 7/19/2015
Aaaah. You know, this story is not a part of my personal headcanon. Although I kind of wish it was. Maybe my headcanon includes something like this, but nearly to this extent. This is more like wish fulfillment. It just fills me with heartwarming fluffiness and feels about Snape and how Dumbledore cares about him and Snape cares about Dumbledore. That is the kind of fic I was looking for after all, because I was thinking about how he was doing it all for Lily, but through it all he gained respect for Dumbledore and started to care about him, and then had to kill him because he couldn't save him from that cursed ring, and all the while he had to pretend to be loyal to Voldy, and he's just been through so much, you know? And so while this story isn't quite realistic enough - I don't think Snape and Dumbles ever got quite that close because Severus would have kept it to a more professional level for his pride - it does good for my soul. So thanks.
daisycb chapter 26 . 2/3/2015
I could just smack Dumbledore
daisycb chapter 20 . 2/3/2015
This is why I like fanfiction better than the books. I like nice.