Reviews for Ascension to the Throne
iamlordvoldemort1981 chapter 19 . 1/30/2013
Loved this story so much!...i loved how Tony saw Pepper before he hired her I think that added to the attraction
LisaDawn75 chapter 19 . 11/30/2008
I happened to come across your story today and just read the entire thing at once. I couldn't pull myself away. It was wonderfully written and I could really see all of these things really happening in the storyline. You wrote the characters believable and the dialog was good. I hope to see more from you in the future.
Lady Skywalker13 chapter 19 . 11/18/2008
I know you just heard from me, but I finally finished this story. I LOVED it. Like I said before, I love how well you deleved into Tony's mind. It was so realistic. I do hope you write more serial stories in the future. Especially T/P. You do so well with them!
Lady Skywalker13 chapter 17 . 11/18/2008
I'm actually not done with this chapter yet, but I read something and had to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. I know you had Tony say one of Downey's quotes about the taste of gun metal which I liked, but then I came across this:

"Obadiah figured if he was going to deal with the Devil himself, then he figured he should praise the gods that he was an iron monger and pass the ammunition."

Is that a reference to the line from The Singing Detective? "Wehn dealing with the Devil, Praise the Lord, and Pas steh Ammunition." Because that it on eo fmy favoite lines but it's such an obscure movie I just had to give you kudos. That's actually the header on my LJ page! lol
Lady Skywalker13 chapter 10 . 11/17/2008
I decided to give this story a shot and I love it! I really like how well you captured Tony. He acted just the way I would have pictured he would at that age. And I like the bit on Rodeo drive from the one-shot (or if that was form this, either way). Very cute!

Rhodey is so great in this story. I can see why they are best friends and their dynamic really shines in your writting. When Rhodey went to look for him at the cliff, it reminded me of that scene from Less Than Zero (only this was much beter was cause it was less depressing ;) ).

And I must admit, the story did suddenly get more interesting once Pepper was fully introduced. I hadn't expected her to be a major character. She acts just the way I figured she woudl when she started out.

Can't wait until I have time to read the rest!
Lady Skywalker13 chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Yay! Just read all of your Iron Man fics! I LOVE them! I'm not done with the Chances one...but I need to be in the right mood to read older tony and pepper.

But seriously, you write some amazing stuff. I may have to look into your Clois stuff now.

So question, does this fic have any Pepper in it, or is it just young Tony?
JustCallMeMarly chapter 19 . 10/14/2008
Loved it... :) Would be ecstatic to see more of it, of course. Any official sequel in the works? LOL. I love the Tony & Pepper that you portrayed throughout the story. And it was great to see an insight to Obadiah.

This is definintely one of my favorites!
b1oom chapter 2 . 8/29/2008
Damn you! I'm in the middle of writing a fic just like this and now I can't submit it because you beat me to the punch.

Anyhow, your writing is good.
ASiriuslyGleekyTimeLord chapter 19 . 8/28/2008
Wow, that was a good ending. I feel so bad that he promised to get home and then he didn't make it when he said. That's really sad. Poor Pepper. Great ending and I can't wait for the next story!

Deirdre
whaschmackity chapter 19 . 8/28/2008
ah! that was an AWESOME ending! this is truly one of the best pre-afghanistan fics i've read! i hope to read more from you soon, so keep up the good work. well done!
tamasit1 chapter 19 . 8/28/2008
Gah, it can't be over! I have loved this story so much. the way you built everything up to how the movie started was brilliantly done. I have enjoyed your take on Tony growing up into the man he became and will become. I just saw the movie last night but I really want to see it again now so I can see what happens next. Amazing job! Oh and I loved the kiss on the cheek, I think it was the perfect tough to add.
ASiriuslyGleekyTimeLord chapter 18 . 8/27/2008
CURSE YOU OBADIAH STANE! Man, you have no idea how badly I hate him. I know that the book said that there wasn't a scream when he fell into the reactor, but if I had been the one to kill him, there would have been lots of screaming. Lots...of...screaming... Oh man, I'm going to be sad when this story is all done. It's one of my favorites! I guess I'll just have to wait for your next story and keep up with How Many More Chances.

Deirdre
Robertdowneyjrlvr15 chapter 18 . 8/27/2008
keep going
tamasit1 chapter 18 . 8/26/2008
So I already told you that the ending gave me shivers, reading it for a second time and that still happened. I love the set up to what we know is going to come. But really what totally gives me the creeps is Stane. That the whole time Tony thinks he is on his side, Stane has been plotting against him...*shudders and shivers*. You are awesome.
Robin Silverman chapter 17 . 8/21/2008
more! i really like this well written well planned and gripping, keep it going!