Reviews for Running Late
empath89 chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
I loved it! So perfect. They were in character and the writing was great. I especially loved the 'It's Sammy,' bit and 'Bobby laughed 'cause God help him, these were his boys...' 'cause it's true. Nicely done.

vonnie836 chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Great story. Sam ready to show Dean, that he doesn't blame him, also he feels like shit. Dean guilt ridden because he couldn't resist the spirit. Bobby glad to see both boys in one piece, although a little worse for the wear and teasing Dean to make him feel better. Always there for them and ready to lift 'his' boys up. Hugs, Vonnie
sunnyjunedays chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Hi, What a brilliant story. A superbly original idea that was fabulous to read.

Loved everything about this second chapter, there are just too many to mention although i can't let Bobby's comeback to Dean go unmentioned.

"So, uh Bobby," Dean started with faux casualness, "Exactly what the hell did you do? Dig up the grave with your ass?"

Without missing a beat, the older hunter snorted. "Not possible, i left him behing with his brother."

You are a genius, you stories are always addictive.

Hope to see more from you soon. x
Visionairy chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Great story! I really enjoyed it. I like that Dean didn't over-guilt himself, and stayed with Sam at the end. And my favorite line was, "Not possible, I left him behind with his brother." Classic! Thank you for writing SN again!
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
great! chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Hey, great finish! You had me laughing out loud!

The pain Sam went through at the hands of 'Dean', and his mind telling him it was not him and how strong he stayed was perfect.

I love the way you wrote Dean in this chapter, and the guilt trip.

Awesome job.

Hob x
Kaewi chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Love the ending! Great fic. Although I'm still craving to see a fic where Sam recovers from two broken wrists ;)

Can I convince you to write a sequel?
TraSan chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Wow - um, wow!

This chapter turned out so wonderful, Phx.

The details in the opening sequence reminded me of how badly Sam had already been hurt. I thought the line where he said, “Kinda hoped… I’d done… enough good,” was excellent insight into Season 2 Sam.

And this little bit:

"“Please, Moira,” Sam begged, “You don’t want to do this.”

Sam closed his eyes and let his head drop back down.

“—I do.”

The belt struck."

Okay, maybe Sam just didn't want to see it coming - or maybe he didn't want to see it coming via Dean. This way, at least he has no visual reminder and he can diassociate the event between Moira and Dean. Hmm...made me think about his motive or if it was truly just exhaustion and defeat.

Then Bobby enters, frantically searching for the boys and we get a very clear picture of just how long Dean has been possessed and what they've both been through this evening.

You cut back to the brothers and hurting Sam only wants his brother - while Dean is almost afraid to get too close (and maybe, feeling more than a little guilty even if he was possessed). Neither brother is all that great about cutting themselves some slack.

These lines were possibly my favorite:

"His head slowly lolled to the side, his cheek pressed against his brother’s shirt, his ear listened for the sound of Dean’s heartbeat over his own ragged breathing.

Dean’s heart pounded. It was the rhythm of Sam’s life, comforting in a way he could not explain or understand himself, and it was only now starting to calm down. His brother had been scared too."

That's the stuff! It is literal and symbolic all at the same time. Absolutely wonderful.
FigureInTheAshtray chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
I don't know who to feel more sympathy for. Sam for getting the holy hell beaten out of him, or Dean for being forced to do it! He's so vulnerable when he's guilty, I love it!

Great job! :)
kokoda2007 chapter 2 . 7/12/2008
Oh, you wrote the "hugging" part just beautifully. I have to say, this was one of the more original ways I seen to hurt poor Sammy and it worked very well.

And Bobby in a fatherly role was just the icing on the cake. He's so gruff, hiding his emotions, but that second last line - "'cause God help him, these were his boys..." summed up how he feels about Sam and Dean perfectly.

Now, I promise to be patient while I wait for the fic you're going to write about Sam coping with two broken wrists *hint*
kokoda2007 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
I don't know how I missed the posting of this first chapter - but you're on alert now :)

There's plenty I want to say ('cause I just love it) but I have to skip along to chapter 2. Just can't wait!
charis-kalos chapter 2 . 7/12/2008
Excellent! Love the "Sammy" and "jerk" - "bitch" forgiveness, absolution and acceptance moments. And Bobby, as always, is fabulous. Seriously want to marry the man!
calcium77 chapter 2 . 7/12/2008
Been waiting for this update for a long time now it seems. It was totally worth the wait! Great job!

cindy123 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Wow, this story has me hooked! Poor Sam. I don't know how much more he can take. I hope Bobby gets the right bones dug up and taken care of before possessed Dean hurts Sam any more. I don't think Dean will be able to handle hurting his brother anymore even though it isn't his fault. Great story, can't wait for more.

charis-kalos chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Love the way Sam equates him hurting with Dean hovering, and his annoyance at Dean's guilt-complex - as if Sam doesn't do exactly the same thing and have exactly the same complex. Next part soon, please!
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »