Reviews for Protege
rindy713 chapter 8 . 4/16/2009
i wonder who is in more danger - chuck or the girl. in the right circumstances, i could see harry killing either of them ... or both.
rindy713 chapter 7 . 4/16/2009
the attention span of a rabbit - you hit the nail on the head with that one! declan is disconcerting, the way he jumps around. i guess bobby is one of the few people who could think with him and make those jumps. this meeting with harry - i have a feeling it's going to creep bobby out.
rindy713 chapter 6 . 4/16/2009
very interesting development! at first i wasn't sure i liked having nicole in this particular story, but i've decided i'm intrigued. i like that you've gotten his hopes up about a dad, and i suspect it's all going to come crashing down. maybe that's what will set him off on the killing spree that i expect is in his future.
rindy713 chapter 5 . 4/16/2009
boy, is chuck in over his head! i'm ready for more bobby. i wonder if he's going to start watching harry, and when harry is going to become aware of him.
rindy713 chapter 4 . 4/16/2009
this is what's so infuriating about declan gage. for all of his mentoring of bobby and claiming to care about him like a son, he often runs roughshod over bobby. sometimes he's downright cruel. i believe deep down he doesn't really care about bobby anymore than he cared about jo. he just found bobby more useful to his work and mistook that for caring. i think you've captured the relationship quite well.
rindy713 chapter 3 . 4/16/2009
i give harry some credit for fighting against his urges. it's interesting that he is considering a career path of helping people and staying away from those dangerous tugs. of course, i predict he won't be able to pull it off!
rindy713 chapter 2 . 4/16/2009
i like stabler, but not as much as as i like bobby. they are so different! it figures that stabler wouldn't understand bobby and would swallow the department's line about him. i give stabler credit for keeping tabs on harry, though.
rindy713 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
hi! just found your story. this is a fascinating idea, bringing harry baker and declan gage together. can't wait to see what sort of combustion that causes. harry baker really gave me the creeps, and declan gage is an albatross for bobby.
star jelly chapter 8 . 4/14/2009
That was a wonderful chapter!

I cannot wait to read more!
deliriousdancer chapter 7 . 1/28/2009
Oh I am very interested to learn what Dr. Reed thinks of Baker. And if that lines up with what Bobby thinks. Does Baker want to speak to Bobby? Declan's ramblings are not good. Plus I do not trust his assessment of Baker's interest in Christina. Obviously Baker was not completely truthful with Gage about his obsession with Christina. Once again, Gage compares Baker and Goren. I think Gage is the one who is harboring a crush...for his "surrogate" son, and finest protege. Just as Declan spent himself looking for Sebastian, I think he is looking for another "Goren".
deliriousdancer chapter 6 . 1/28/2009
Bringing Satan's Daughter into Baker's life pretty much slams the last nail in his coffin. Now I feel very sorry for the kid. It does not excuse or redeem his behavior, but just knowing that woman has had any contact with him, makes me shiver. Wallace and Gage! What a horrible combination to have to overcome. But then Bobby had Brady, so maybe...
deliriousdancer chapter 5 . 1/28/2009
I am worried about Christina. Even though Baker congratulates himself for his restraint around her, he is getting dangerously close to losing that restraint. He may tell himself that he does not want to hurt her, but he also tells himself that he is fated to kill if he is not diligent. Christina is vulnerable to which ever side of Baker's thinking wins. What is with Hugger's frown and sharp pull away from touch? Baker noticed, and anything he notices about someone can become an in for him. Yeah I know, I sound like I trust him as much as Stabler. It would be nice to hope that Baker does make a turn around, but if you know a dog bites, you don't let him off the leash.
deliriousdancer chapter 3 . 1/28/2009
even though Baker is looking at his life having another possibilty other than serial killer, I worry that the person giving him that hope is Gage. Gage may have been great at one point, but he has proven that even when he was on top of his game, he was not mentally balanced. That is evident by the way he raised his daughter, and his continued obsession with Sebastian. I am surprised that Huang would think that Gage would be a good mentor for Baker. Just because Gage was Goren's mentor does not mean that his next student will turn out to be a great profiler or a well balanced person. (I know there are some good arguements about Goren's emotional balance) Baker was killing as a teenager, deceptive, cruel and abused. Goren lived in an abusive home, but his acting out was not to kill the neighbor's pets. Nature vs Nurture? Both play a vital role and one without the other is still imbalance.
TriggerHappyWorld chapter 7 . 1/27/2009
Finally an update! I'm loving the way this story is progressing; the Elizabeth/Nicole chapter kind of threw me, but none the less this is a very interesting and good story. Now I'm wondering who Harry's dad could be, and if we're ever going to find out. Anyway, I can't wait to see Bobby's conversation with Harry. Keep it up!
Travilah chapter 7 . 1/27/2009
Interesting, hope you continue. And remember, you are writing for yourself. We just are lucky enough to share your joy in writing through reading.