Reviews for The First Day
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 55 . 7/8
Great story.
I know this fic is 8 Years old but i just discovered it and spent most of the day and a half binging through it. You added an emotional depth to the characters that JK seemed to lack. You're writing is superb, and thank you for this story
pianoluv chapter 13 . 7/4
This story is so amazing! I've been looking for a decent 'post Book 7' for so long! So many people just seem to want to write AU stuff which is great but I love cannon pieces so much more. Thank you so much for this story. I've read chapters 1 through 13 in one sitting and am only stopping now because I work in the morning.
Also, since I'm a writer too and like getting feedback myself, I just wanted to point out a few things you might be able to use.
Keep an eye on repetition of words. I see you repeating nouns a fair bit, ie "she poured the tea then held the tea in her hands..." That type of thing. Try finding a way around the repeated word.
Watch the amount of crying or, more specifically, the intensity. I find you have people 'sobbing' a lot and I think things would be getting a bit more subtle as time passes. That being said, the scene with Molly and Arthur made ME sob. The 'please forgive me' line destroyed me.
Finally, I'm wondering why we don't see more emotion from Molly and Arthur. Molly, in particular, is a fairly emotional person and I feel like she's more composed than what seems normal. I've known some Mother's who lost their children and it's not your average type of grief. They forever have this heartbreaking rawness too them. They end up mourning, not just their child, but the person they were before that child died. Molly and Arthur seem sad but, generally, unchanged in their personalities.
Anyway, I recognize that the story is complete now and you likely won't change things but I don't like to post reviews without giving some value outside of "it's great!".
All in all, incredible piece. Thank you for writing it!
King chapter 55 . 6/1
continue dude
May chapter 30 . 5/27
Love this story but find it hard to read about George and Katy and not George and Angelina who were made for each other
Anon chapter 55 . 3/14
I know this is YEARS after you published this - but I wanted to drop in and say I loved every bit of it. Wonderful, wonderful story. The characters are so believable, Ginny is PERFECT, the self-doubt, the confusion, the grief... seriously, incredible. Thank you for writing & sharing!
VixenRosie chapter 4 . 3/6
so my internet went out on night when I tried to review. the tears I've shed in this story is not cool. not cool at all. basically .look forward to .
icancounttoduck chapter 55 . 3/6
I'll start by apologizing for waiting until I finished this story before I reviewed. I'll start by saying that I enjoyed the story immensely. Not only did I like the characterization of Harry and Ginny, but how well you executed a clearly well thought out plan. You allowed the story to move as quickly or slowly as you felt was needed and gave every character their own path to move forward on. It wasn't always easy to watch these characters I love suffer through their losses, but it felt earned to see as they came out the other side of their grief. Or at least as much as they could. It was a well-executed story and sent me straight into the next story on your helpful list. Hopefully, you'll be hearing from me again very shortly.
Bloody brilliant.
MikeRach chapter 3 . 2/9
that one scene in good will hunting where robin williams (everyone not harry) tells Matt Damon (Harry) it's not your fault over and over again until Matt Damon breaks down
symphonica chapter 55 . 1/28
Thank you for such a beautiful story. Your accounts of their sorrow and healing were just beautiful. And George and Katie were my absolute favourite couple! I’m a sucker for the slow burn. Thanks again - wonderful!
Morganvil225 chapter 8 . 1/12
I'm eight chapters in and have wiped my eyes at least six times! THIS IS A TEAR-JERKER!
This is going to sound silly, but this story helped me deal with grief in my own life. I greatly identified with the feeling of loss you had Harry portray after losing so many people at once. I lost a friend to Suicide, 3 very close family members in the span of a month, a distant cousin, my birth mother, and most recently my cat. All this has happened within the past four years. The way you capture grief with harry, Fred, Ginny - it made me feel a bit more sane. Sometimes the day is hard, other times it’s easier, and occasionally I have to make food with my tears or go have a good cry. Sometimes I just want to be alone. I really hope now I can keep moving forward and put it all behind me. I greatly identified with this story and I’m incredibly happy to have found it.
Guest chapter 51 . 12/29/2017
This is very infuriating, they just don’t seem to like eachother as much as I’d expect them to ! I hope the last 4 chapters contain some passion that they’re lacking...
Tegan chapter 55 . 12/12/2017
I loved this. It was perfectly written. You captured grief, and hope, and kept everyone in character while also letting them grow. Your characters here feel real, and I cried at times reading this.
3,535 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »