Reviews for The First Day
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 3 . 12/17/2014
The ending was so full of meaning for me.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
Lovely writing - but Katie? Why her? Because it is originally Angelina, not Katie.
Julia chapter 2 . 11/29/2014
Yours is the second fanfiction I've ever read. The first one was terribky written and horribly thought of, which made me feel little hope in satisfying my nostalgic Harry Potter needs through these so called fanfictions. Thank you for proving me wrong! I have barely started and you've alredy made me cry twice. You are making me feel exactly the feelings I am supposed to feel when reading HP! So, again, THANK YOU!
Guest chapter 14 . 11/15/2014
Hahaha! I think Ginny knew exactly what she was doing when she wore that bikini, other than teaching him how to swim. And I just love how Harry is glaring down at his... "lower body" (ahem), after that rather steamy dream. But hey, after seeing his girlfriend in a bikini, it only makes sense that he'd dream up something like that! Haha! This is interesting so far! Props to you!

In more seriousness, I wonder how many times did Ginny get sicced with the Cruciatus Curse... I know that after she tried to steal the Sword of Gryffindor, she only got detention with Hagrid... but what about the subsequent times she got detention? Kind of wish Rowling went into that... Oh well...
Bubbles of Colours chapter 55 . 11/11/2014
I cried so much reading your fic, but it was so beautiful :)
Guest chapter 8 . 9/14/2014
You need to encorporate the part were Ron and Hermione have sex !
sherryola chapter 55 . 8/28/2014
I thought this was the perfect place to end the story, the one year mark and the beginning of healing. I like where you took everyone in this first year. I didn't always like their behavior, but what I love is that they are so human. Ginny gets mad over things that boggle my mind, Ron bakes obsessively, Harry shuns people and so on, but this is how humans behave, particularly in a time of grief and sorrow. I loved it. I want more. Thanks for writing this. In many ways, it was like reading a way to express the sadness I felt over the end of the series and all the deaths. Very nicely done.
sherryola chapter 15 . 8/27/2014
Wow, Katie is as bad as Ginny was a few chapters ago. it's been a very short time since the deaths. Nobody should expect george to just be over it or okay and chastize him for not being at the level they want him to be. I'm really sensitive about that, because I know what it's like to be told how to grieve, how long to grieve when to grieve and all the rest, to have people not understand why some things hurt too much to do or face even years later. So, seriously, I love the story, except for those aspects of it, because it feels like people are being insensitive to the way people deal with the death of loved ones.
SemperFiChic818 chapter 4 . 8/24/2014
So as I lay here bawling I just have to say that this is some darn fine writing. I was so incredibly elated to find these stories! Thank you!
matthunt101 chapter 55 . 8/21/2014
Just finished reading this story for the first time. I have to say that it is totally amazing. Your writing just kept me reading and reading. I couldn't turn my computer off. The plot kept me coming back again and again to find out what happen next. I don't know if you've continued this story with a sequel or not, but I certainly hope that you did. I'm actually beyond words to describe how I feel about this story. But I have to say its probably the best story I've read, and it's definitely one of my favourites.
So thank you for this amazing story. And best of luck in the future :)
Matt
wrappedinharry chapter 52 . 8/10/2014
I don't think I would be so forgiving of Ron, especially as he's not really sorry for his attitude, as his conversation with Hermione shows.

Ginny has a father, she doesn't need her brothers dictating what she can do and what she can't. It seems as if Harry is only Ron's best friend when he isn't also Ginny's boyfriend, even though in an earlier chapter, Ron assured Harry that he would always be his best mate.

Of course, Harry only let fly because he had had such a crap day at work.

wrappedinharry chapter 51 . 8/10/2014
Brilliant chapter. The scene with Percy and Penelope would indicate that Percy has had his hearing. Is this right? Seemingly, there were no repercussions; perhaps just a telling off and a warning to be more discerning with his future choices.

Loved the scene on the landing between Ginny and Harry, and the subsequent conversation in the bathroom between the girls. Harry and Ginny are both very circumspect in their views regarding taking their relationship to the next level, especially as they have had Ron and Hermione at it like rabbits for a fair proportion of the previous year as immediate and present examples. Still, as they are both on the same page, that is all that matters.

My heart went out to poor Molly. And I do hope Seamus accepts some help to get him through the rest of his life.

wrappedinharry chapter 50 . 8/9/2014
It is so good to see that Charlie is coping so much better. Thanks to Katie, it seems as if he may get through his birthday without going into a deep fugue. Loved the way H & G stood up to the snooty sales assistant. And wouldn't it be nice to be able to go into a store like that and buy everything you need and have cash money to pay for it all. Still, after the terrible life poor Harry has had up to now, it's only fair he isn't plagued by money worries.

Can't believe I haven't reviewed these final chapters on one of my reading sprees.

wrappedinharry chapter 49 . 8/9/2014
Poor Harry. His anger and frustration, his hatred of Rita Skeeter is palpable. It isn't fair that what she does may not be considered a crime but causes people just as much anquish as many a crime does. If not more really because the whole of the WW can read and, I suppose many would revel in your misery; those, that is, who read salacious hearsay and innuendo.

Lovely scenes with Ron and Hermione.
wrappedinharry chapter 37 . 8/9/2014
I didn't write a review for this chapter either, not on my first read, nor my second. Of all the chapters not to review, it's this one where Harry is injured.

I'm sure Ginny's in shock, so her anger must be a result of that. She is angry no doubt that Harry told her the assignment shouldn't be dangerous, because she couldn't possibly imagine he wanted to be injured just to p... her off. An angry Ginny is a scary entity. God help Harry when he wakes up.

Poor Seamus. His last year at Hogwarts seems to have been even worse than Ginny and Neville's. I wonder why he went back when so many half bloods didn't for fear of what might happen, and considering that Mrs Finnigan didn't want Seamus to return to school in his 5th year because she believed the Profit that DD and Harry were both delusional. I wonder if he thought Dean was going to be there, but considering that the Muggleborn Registration Commission was set up before September 1st, I can't imagine he could really believe he'd turn up.

It's a mystery.