Reviews for The First Day
lemonwedges4 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Love it!

Very cute!
5redroses chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
"And Ron didn’t even do any part of his seventh year, and he hadn’t wanted to go back and complete his seventh year." The phrasing seems a little odd here

I so guessed about the owl with the first clue :)

I loved the book Harriet the spy.
5redroses chapter 11 . 8/16/2008
"‘And even though he’s gone, there will always be people who were dropped on their heads as babies, or should have been hugged more as small children, or are just downright psychopaths."

So true, and nicely put :p

How does Ginny know how to change nappies? She's the youngest child.

I love the word "moue"
5redroses chapter 10 . 8/16/2008
I guess Snape didn't put the book on the list cos her didn't want to make it too easy for his students

Aww, I love the way Ron cares for Harry- a few years ago and he would have laughed at him and woken him up

Ron set the cauldron he levitating to the table down and slipped up the stairs to the flat.

"‘Here goes everything,’" instead of nothing :D Ron makes me smile

I like the sort of metaphor between Harry taking his glasses off and having hazy and distorted dreams

Loved the conversation between Ginny and Harry
LuLaRoo7 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Wow! I'm not disappointed that Ginny's birthday has to be in the next chapter. I can't wait to read it, though. Update soon. I also can't wait to read "Lilies in Autumn".
NellieNotMolly chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Thank goodness Harry finally got a good night's sleep.

Favorite lines:

"He hadn’t been truly alone in his thoughts in...Four years."

"It wasn’t the tense silences that marked the weeks and months of the last year, but rather the calm that descended after a storm."

I loved Harry telling Ginny about dying and making the decision to come back. He needed to talk about it with someone.

Poor Ron, lonely and worried without Hermione there. I had to go back & read bits of "Treehouses" to be sure she is OK & will be back soon.

Loved all the shop stuff - fun! And glad to see Katie back on the scene, even though it may be a little uncomfortable for George. I think he is sorry about how he handled things with her. Or maybe he is just unsure about getting into a relationship right now? Personally, I think it would be good for him. :-)
actions-we-remember chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Aw, yay, George and Katie. They make me happy. And so does Harry/Ginny. Which is why I squee-ed rather loudly when he kissed her nose in the shop. :)) Lol this was nice, and I like how Harry's finally starting to relax and notice the peace and quiet. It was, as usual, a very good chapter, and I can't wait for an update (yay, party! OMG YES, LUNA!)!
cflat chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Good chapter. I haven't been reading post-DH fanfiction for a while because good ones so difficult to find in the HP section.

You mentioned that Hermione is trying to find her parents. Are you going to write a story about that? 'Cause that would be interesting to read. I've seen that kind of story done (or tried) before, but not in a while.
hondagirl chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Wonderful. I feel like this chapter is a step forward in the right direction, both with Harry and George. And I liked this last bit with Katie. In your world is she and George together? Sorry but I read so many post DH stories I forget who the authors put George with, it's either Alicia, Katie or Angelina. But I like your Katie, she's pretty cool.

Thanks for the update!

-honda
Worldmaker chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Wonderful chapter. Wonderful. The first step to normalcy, depending on your definition of normal. About the chapter title: for me that line has always been the precursor to some important bit of news that, as you said, brought on some change. My father and grandfather would show up and use that line to introduce the serious and important subject they needed to talk to me about. It heralded the birth of my first niece, and the fact that my baby brother joined the army just in time to be sent to the Persian Gulf the first time around, and that my great-grandfather, a true giant of a man (I'm speaking literally, he was 6' 7" tall) had died.
tic tac toe 03 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Brillaint chapter i hope nothing bad has happened to Hermione

please update soon

Tac
NEVERMORE DARKNESS chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
update son!
Historybuff1536 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Awesome! So I'm guessing he got her a owl?

Aw...can't wait to read her birthday.
benperez31 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Good chapter even without Ginny's birthday. I'm glad Harry got some sleep. I can guess what Harry bought Ginny. It's good that George is trying hard to recover from losing Fred. Update soon.
The Quibbler Awards chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Congrats! Your story was nominated for Best General and Best Characterization at The Quibbler Awards. Before your story can be considered a nominee, though, we need your permission. Please contact us on our site or email us!

The Quibbler Awards