Reviews for The First Day
blackolives10 chapter 9 . 8/7/2008
I completely love how your stories overlap - it makes everything seem so real, how they all fit together like a puzzle.
lemonwedges4 chapter 10 . 8/7/2008
Love it!
NellieNotMolly chapter 10 . 8/7/2008
It did my heart good for Harry to finally feel like the Burrow is his home. Yet he felt a little like he was betraying his parents. I guess he is torn.

Ha "Transfiguration Today" - the names of wizarding periodicals tickle me! :-)

Ron is having to be the big brother to both Harry & George, and that may be taking its toll on him as well. I'm proud of him, though. They all had to grow up too fast.

Harry is putting way too much pressure on himself - it's a good thing Ginny is there for him. I hope she doesn't have to "think about it" too long. Touching chapter.
Severus my hero chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Okee dokee so that scene with Harry and Ginny was so cute I loved it and I think Harry is right you can't depend too much emotionally on a person but a little dependancy is okay too.

Now, I was actually waiting for the part where Harry would finally have to face the world but I thought you sort of floated over the subject instead of diving into it. You spend a lot more time relaying that Harry was trying to hide from the world than relaying to us what happens when he finally comes out of hiding. It is alright for now but I hope that there is more to come regarding this. Well good luck for the next chapter, can't wait!
Cassandra's Cross chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Harry's reluctance to return to Hogwarts reminds of a poem by Rudyard Kipling that begins, "Oh, show me how a rose can shut and be a bud again." It's actually apropos of Harry's situation, as the poem was written about the boys returning from WWI who were expected to go back to university and resume their innocent lives. Ginny's still not quite ready to forgive Harry, is she? She's still hiding too, in a way. Is Katie going to be the one to help George stop hiding? He's going to have to go up to that flat eventually, I'm thinking. Good one, Lisa. More please!
AdenFire chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Amazing story!
Bendleshnitz chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Excellent fic. I still can't believe I'm reading a fic centered in Harry Potter, and that I like it! LOL

Can't wait for the next chapter, as usual ;)

Beauty Eclipsed chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
I love the fact that Ginny didn't say yes right away.
MBP chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Oh, Lisa... I tried to be objective. I did. But by the end, I was choking up all over again. I just loved this SO much. It all rings so true to me. I love the parallel with the first time Harry went to Diagon Alley with Hagrid and was also congratulated and thanked for doing something he hardly understood. This time, though - well, I sighed with relief with him once they were back in the hammock.

I also loved the argument with Ron. I ached for him, of course, when he started crying, but it made so much sense. I ache for him anyway now. It's almost as if he lost two best friends since he's trying to protect Harry, and Hermione's away. It's hard to be Ron now. (

I shudder to think of what it'll be like for George to go up to the flat. I hope you'll let Katie go with him...
FinnFiona chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Well, I'm certainly glad Steph helped you with your writers block b/c the result was absolutely EXCELLENT :)

Good for Harry here and GOOD for Ron, I feel so proud of them both. Even without Hermione, he knows his friend, I think, and probably got at him better than she might have-or in a way that Harry might hear a little sooner, anyway. Anyway, I love, love, love your characterization of them both. And the part where he wanted to share this George problem with Harry just broke my heart...

This line with Ginny is certainly interesting... in a good, way, completely. Though I find myself a little annoyed with the both of them, haha ;) I wonder if she knows that she owes Ron a bit on this one? At this point in time, he probably still knows Harry better in a lot of ways, and might be able to help her understand him, no matter how pig-headed he's being (as Ron can be just as pig-headed himself ;) )

Anyhow, I hope there will be more with George soon, as well, I'm so sad for him! I know there was more on that in your other stories, but still... speaking of, I'm really wanting to go back and re-read the others (to spur my memory if nothing else :) )-I'm starting to think someone ought to take it upon themselves one day to create a compilation that puts all the segments in order, haha :) I just love them all-you're doing a brilliant job!

dahilsaiyo chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Love this chapter. It is so challenging emotionally and intellectually.
PadfootProngs7 chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Kudos to you! Great chapter! I liked Harry and Ginny's little talk towards the end. Very nice. Keep up the brilliant work!

-PadfootProngs7 (Sara)
NEVERMORE DARKNESS chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
hmm atleast he is trying to move on.
Loyd1957 chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
You are doing extremely well. This is the first story that has put perspective on the totally raw emotions and issues people have with stress. Harry is acting as he is supposed to act. Everyone was walking on eggshells and now everything is rising to the top and all are facing reality.
LuLaRoo7 chapter 10 . 8/6/2008
Another great chapter. Can't wait for more. Update soon!
3,408 | « Prev Page 1 .. 200 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 220 .. Last Next »