Reviews for The First Day
Severus my hero chapter 12 . 8/17/2008
All right, so when you told me that there was going to be a scene where Harry had to go out in public to get Ginny a gift, I thought of a rather dramatic event. I have to admit that at first I was a bit disappointed with what I read. However, as I proceeded I realised that it would seem more real if Harry was introduced into public slowly and steadily, without any dramatic occurances. It would be mostly staring which he would have to deal with, a few people expressing their gratitute. Nothing more, nothing less. Therefore, I congratulate you on capturing the reality of the situation. Good Job!

More George/Katie? Thank you, for bringing them out in your fic.
carrebear14 chapter 12 . 8/17/2008
good chapter, post more!
moony391 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Wow. I loved this chapter, as well as the title!
FinnFiona chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Well, considering the explanation, I think that the title is very apt... this really seems to be a turning point for Harry-to finally hear of him truly enjoying those small things in life which he has missed speaks volumes. As does his reflection on his "death."

Everyone is truly lovely here. I love the image of the Weasleys with the paper... and those jokeshop ideas are inspired-hilarious, really :)

But I'm just loving everyone's interaction here... and all this buildup to Ginny's birthday. You'll have to forgive my poor memory, but I'm trying to remember exactly what happened with (Ron and )Hermione at this point in the story, but his worrying is adorable.

Brilliant, as always, Lisa! Best~Fi
RemusheartsTonks chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
thats good update soon please i think her presents an owl
megpie2987 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Loved it! I usually end up re-reading your stories and chapters at least twice becuase they are SO good. Can't wait for you updates on this and Lilies in Autumn!
Bendleshnitz chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
I really like this fic!

Can't wait 'till the next chapter is uploaded!

Thank God Harry is being a normal person now. It was getting on my nervs his previous attitude towards others and life.

And Katie! She's more perfect for George than Angelina. Angelina is for Fred. LOL

And she's so good helping George. She's not totally evident and is like winning his trust. Really genious strategy.

Bye!
snaplappl21 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
I Love Harriet the Spy. It's such a good book.

And George and Katie, can't wait to see where it goes with them. Of course, I know where it actually goes with them because of your other stories, but I'd really like to see the first stages of their relationship.

And the shop opening finally, that's good. Things are starting to get put back together, whic is nice.
PadfootProngs7 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Great chapter. The owl was really surprising. At least I think it's an owl... :)

-PadfootProngs7 (Sara)
mugglemegan chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
That's what I always think when I hear that stanza too! Harriet the Spy is still one of my favorite books. :D
Cassandra's Cross chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
"Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings." I love Lewis Carroll. Oh, man, what a cheat! This was a delightful chapter, but I got all excited, thinking we'd get to the 'good stuff' in this one and damn, woman! Is the birthday chapter coming up soon (I hope, I hope, I hope!). It better be, or I'm sending you a hex via email. I can do it too, so don't think I can't! Lol! Anyway, this was really nice, Lisa. Harry is finally sleeping again, thank God, and the quiet Sunday was just what the healer ordered, I'm sure. I can't wait for the birthday party, though, so hurry, please!
blackolives10 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
I love your explanation of the chapter title! It makes so much sense.
lemonwedges4 chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Love it!

Very cute!
5redroses chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
"And Ron didn’t even do any part of his seventh year, and he hadn’t wanted to go back and complete his seventh year." The phrasing seems a little odd here

I so guessed about the owl with the first clue :)

I loved the book Harriet the spy.
5redroses chapter 11 . 8/16/2008
"‘And even though he’s gone, there will always be people who were dropped on their heads as babies, or should have been hugged more as small children, or are just downright psychopaths."

So true, and nicely put :p

How does Ginny know how to change nappies? She's the youngest child.

I love the word "moue"