Reviews for The First Day
floss bucket chapter 8 . 7/27/2008
this is a beautiful story, sad and brilliant... I love it!
Selma192837465 chapter 8 . 7/27/2008
I love this story it is really well a long time I was looking for a good harry Poter after the battle fanfic to read and i found yours.I don't read many hHP fanfics but your are just so good, and i love how you update so up the great writing :)

selma
weahhh63 chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
It's getting really good now...so don't stop writing yet.
loralu chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
oh, all those times Molly wrapped her arms around him and he so wanted to feel that motherly love and yet wouldn't allow himself. Arthur touching him in such a fatherly way. The human touch can be ever so healing...and well we know about the silent crying and why...Moldy tile in the bathroom and the world's biggest dust bunnies in the Dursleys house. Take that Petunia! No idea what kind of cookies you're talking about but if they don't have sugar, butter and white flour in them then they are not truly cookies...at least not ones worth the eating...
hondagirl chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
I was wondering myself about all the missing moments in here, so I'm glad you pointed that out in your author's notes. I'll have to read that chapter as soon as I get the chance.

And poor Harry, he can't even cry properly. Poor boy! :(

-honda
FinnFiona chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
Holy crap! How quickly do you write? Not that I'm complaining-AT ALL-but whew! Completely excellent, though, keep 'em coming :D

As for the actual review... :)

Harry's thoughts leaving Ron's room are at once hysterical, and then quite sad... I don't think him trying not to sleep at all is exactly what Ginny had in mind... :)

Come to think of it, there's just the slightest trace of hysteria-not full blown, mind you-but this sort of practiced, controlled, nervous energy that is woven in through this chapter-it's a really nice insight into their frame of mind... and I think a nice solution to that comic relief you were looking for before.

George's comment about being a weepy family-and Fred-for example, perfect. And too funny about Ginny and Harry's musings on Ron and Hermione-they don't give him enough credit ;) In fact, at this point, he could probably teach the both of them a thing or two... whoever thought that'd be the case? :) But it works... and it works oh so well-ah, maturity-doesn't always approach where you expect, does it?

And I think that's the key, here, by the way-everyone always tells Harry it's not his fault-but him recognizing that he's just as much a victim-that's the key.

But finally, the conversation with Molly and Arthur, and the fallout after, was everything it should be. My heart truly goes out to Harry. The rest of them too. One small thing, George is in the kitchen one moment and then he's not. But really not all that important when compared with the loveliness of those scenes... And I know I naturally gravitate to Ron's character, but I really am proud of him here. Truly the heart of the family, like JKR was always saying... Good for him.

Tired of sifting through these over-long reviews yet? ;) Well I'll leave you and go enjoy my fudge-brilliant job, Lisa, truly.

Fi
Cassandra's Cross chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
Well, now I'm glad I re-read all that from "Daisies" last night so it's all fresh in my mind. And, by the way, I prefer Oreos to Hydrox, so leave some of them out too next time, okay? Lol! This was really good, Lisa, and definitely fills in some of the blanks. Not that I noticed any blanks before this, but boy, you've really covered it all. Now I'm assuming Harry & Ginny can start to fall in love all over again. And I'm still looking forward to the missing moments from Ginny's birthday. I'm holding you to that one!
moony391 chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
I loved, loved, love the conversation between Molly, Arthur, and Harry! It was amazing and it moved me to tears!
carrebear14 chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
I liked this chapter, Harry really got to start to heal. I am looking forward to the next chapter.
cacata chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
Do they get caught outside next? Very emotional chapter. I felt terrible for Harry. And I love your Molly and Arthur.
MBP chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
I love you for leaving out Hydrox, but I have such a stomach ache after that that I have no appetite...

Whew is right. I'm watching West Wing as I write this because it makes me happy, but even that's not working right now. I knew Harry was going to start crying, obviously, but when it actually happened... I started crying too. This was just awful... in the absolute best possible way.

Like I said yesterday - you're brilliant. You really are. I gasped with joy when I saw this update. It made my night (in a warped, sick, twisted kind of way).
ficerella chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
I love how well this is flowing with Tree Houses. I just love how it's like the same story but a different perspective.

I really am enjoying watching Harry and Ginny's relationship build up.
Worldmaker chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
Yet another great chapter. Things are beginning to brighten, which is always a good thing.

I made fudge last night, now that you mention it. But then I'm a chef... we do those things at random.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
blackolives10 chapter 7 . 7/26/2008
Fantastic! I really love your characterizations in this story (as in any story you write, too, of course). :)
LizzWeasley chapter 4 . 7/26/2008
You just made me cry again. That was just too sad. And I hope that it does get better as it goes. I cried through the whole chapter. *sniff, sniff*

Keep it up, it's an swesome, awesome story
3,357 | « Prev Page 1 .. 202 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 222 .. Last Next »