Reviews for The First Day
kristina.cipriano chapter 55 . 10/2/2016
lovely story I just wish it didn't end. I want more Harry and Ginny moments.
Bluewolf80 chapter 55 . 9/30/2016
Thank you for this epic journey! You are an amazing writer with the skill to make each character come to life as we read. It is very hard to make each person an individual that has a definite personality. I could always tell the difference between all the Weasly brothers when they spoke just because of the way you used defining language for each. Even your OOCs had very strong personalities.

It was nice to see how Harry changed, grew, matured, and recovered in the year from the battle. I was disheartened that he did not get any professional help, but I think you explained why sufficiently. It would have been nice if the whole family could have received some professional help. Alas, Wizards.

Harry wasn't the only one that changed. Ron's growing maturity was done well as was the way Percy seemed to mature in some ways yet loosen up in others. The grieving process for George was written perfectly in my opinion. Losing someone that close will take a long time to recover from. A year later, he is better but still has a long way to go. I've never liked how some fics write George being depressed for a few weeks then snapping out of it when getting into a romance with someone like Hermione and all is better. That is totally unrealistic.

I very much appreciated your lack of grammar mistakes and typos. That's a big pet peeve of mine! If there was any criticism I would give it would probably be on a few things that weren't strictly canon. Once you start basing the majority of your plot to reflect canon it is jarring to veer away.

For instance George's relationship with Katie seemed to be getting very serious. Yet we know he ended up with Angelina. So are we left to ponder if he stays with Katie or somehow gets with Angelina in the future? Harry said when thinking about moving from the Burrow that he had no where else to go. Did he check his accounts and holdings at Gringott's? His parents moved TO the house that got destroyed when they were I hiding. Obviously they were living somewhere else first. Since Harry is no longer a minor he should have been able to see all the Potter and Black properties that he now owns. I highly doubt that Gimmauld Place was the only home the Black family had. Neville didn't go into the Aurors like he did either. Which was a bummer because Harry could have used a friend. Why would Harry know ligillimancy? He really was never very good at occlumancy but I'm sure he got better over the year on the run. They are two separate things. Being good at one doesn't mean being good at the other.

There were a few things left hanging that I wondered about. Like did Seamus ever get any help? Why didn't Harry tell Ginny what went on in the past year? Or why didn't they all sit don't and talk about it? Didn't anyone from the ministry want to talk to Harry, Ron and Hermione? Did they ever get an Order of Merlin? What happened to Rita Skeeter and her book about Harry? Did Harry ever talk to Snape's portrait? Those are just a few questions I had.

Congratulations on a job well done! Good luck in the rest of your endeavors but never stop writing!
Bluewolf80 chapter 42 . 9/30/2016
Why didn't Ron just side-along Harry to Hogsmead?
Bluewolf80 chapter 32 . 9/30/2016
That's what I was thinking during that conversation! Was that a dream or a nightmare!?
Bluewolf80 chapter 5 . 9/29/2016
Boggles the mind that no one thinks that Harry needs to see a healer! Or be on nutrient potions? Or see a mind healer? Hermione should know what PTSD is and when someone needs a psychiatrist
Bluewolf80 chapter 1 . 9/29/2016
Best description of his injuries that I've ever read.
nayin1704 chapter 55 . 9/28/2016
Okay
Guest chapter 55 . 9/9/2016
OMG, I've now read this whole series twice and I love it. I'm pretty sure this is exactly how J K Rowling envisioned the next year and I thank you for writing it X
Guest chapter 55 . 9/8/2016
This review is not just for the chapter; it is for the entire story. I have to say this - you are an exceptional writer. I haven't read anything this well-written in ages. I constantly search for Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione post-DH stories, and Marauder stories, and I rarely find ones that are well-written. Yours was riveting, written with the perfect grammar and punctuation and everything - it felt like more than just fanfiction. I loved the fact that you even used the British vocabulary - mate, bloke, so on and so forth. It was the tiny little details in the story that had me hooked. Thank you for writing this wonderful piece. I have already started the sequel and I am eagerly waiting for updates. If you like reading post-DH stories, there is one called 19 Years on , which I would think you might appreciate. It has the same amazing detail as your story. Again, thank you for writing this. You are amazing.
WillSloc chapter 30 . 9/4/2016
Question for little0bird or anyone who may know. Is the book George gave Katie for her birthday based on an actual book by any chance? Thanks in advance!
Guest chapter 55 . 8/26/2016
Just, thank you.
I loved this.
sfserox chapter 55 . 8/25/2016
Awww good story i could reading..was sorta addictive. But one thing really bothered me.. didn't George end up marrying Angelina? Other than that amazing writing
angelinakaterin chapter 32 . 8/16/2016
I have never cried so heard while reading a fanfic. i literally got dry eye syndrome couse of how much i cried. thank you so so so much for this amazing story i absolutely loved every word and reading about george's life was heartbreaking. this was a beautiful story and i am so thankful that i read it.
Guest chapter 55 . 8/13/2016
Wow... I am in total awe. First Harry Potter fanfic that I have read and it was amazing! I laughed and cried so often and that is how you know it was amazing... it brings emotion. Great job!
Allytsuki chapter 55 . 8/10/2016
I really enjoyed your story!
Espeacially how you portrayed Ron and George.
3,491 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »