Reviews for The First Day
genhale2000 chapter 1 . 1/26
Read chapter 1 and already a fan. So relieved you wrote 55 chapters! This fic is exactly one I've been searching for since getting acquainted with the whole fanfiction thing. Now I'm going to keep it short, because I'm going to read on this minute. Thanks in advance :)
Thank you for writing such a beautiful piece
yer boi chapter 55 . 12/18/2016
Hey, this was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your gift of writing with me. You did an amazing job
Guest chapter 55 . 11/28/2016
Thanks for writing:)
Guest chapter 55 . 11/16/2016
wonderful ending to Rowling's series! Good imitation of her style I think. This is the closure I needed with Harry Potter:)
dragonsbride chapter 49 . 11/11/2016
And this is why Hermione and Ron just must be together! You described that awefully well!
Bill Jackson chapter 55 . 11/8/2016
Thankyou, best fanfiction I have read.
Thebigsnail chapter 55 . 11/4/2016
Hey, so i know it's been YEARS sence this was finished but I read the whole thing in just a few days. I could not put my iPad down to stop reading it! It is an absolutely amazing '8th book'! I would totally refer to this in my head as the '8th book'. It fits so perfectly with they way I invisioned this time after the war. But I would have to say that last chapter though... That hit me hard... There were some tears... But anyway it was just an incredible story I would totally read again, and again! I am glad though I read this after the whole thing came out, because if I was reading it while it was developing I don't know what I would of done with myself! Again I will say this is such amazing work! Defiantly almost filled my Harry Potter hole yearning for more (I don't think anything will actully be able to fill it completely though). Thank you for putting two years of your life in this thing! Defiantly worth it! :D
Guest chapter 19 . 11/2/2016
Omg I loved mythbusters! Still watch it! I got that reference right away! Woot woot!
Clara chapter 55 . 10/25/2016
Excellent nd well written in the style of JKR. Made me smile and also cry. Gives insite into the characters and the aftermath of the battle. Shows how feelings affect us after emotional scars are tried to be dealt with. Couldn't stop reading until the end. Riveting read. 5 stars! Should be published I know it would be a winner.
Guest chapter 55 . 10/15/2016
Is there a sequel for this?
edwinapotter039 chapter 1 . 10/12/2016
Hello, :) I love your story very much!
I would really appreciate it if you could let me translate your story into Chinese and post it elsewhere. :)

Thanks! :)

Again, love your story! :) Please keep writing new ones! :)
kristina.cipriano chapter 55 . 10/2/2016
lovely story I just wish it didn't end. I want more Harry and Ginny moments.
Bluewolf80 chapter 55 . 9/30/2016
Thank you for this epic journey! You are an amazing writer with the skill to make each character come to life as we read. It is very hard to make each person an individual that has a definite personality. I could always tell the difference between all the Weasly brothers when they spoke just because of the way you used defining language for each. Even your OOCs had very strong personalities.

It was nice to see how Harry changed, grew, matured, and recovered in the year from the battle. I was disheartened that he did not get any professional help, but I think you explained why sufficiently. It would have been nice if the whole family could have received some professional help. Alas, Wizards.

Harry wasn't the only one that changed. Ron's growing maturity was done well as was the way Percy seemed to mature in some ways yet loosen up in others. The grieving process for George was written perfectly in my opinion. Losing someone that close will take a long time to recover from. A year later, he is better but still has a long way to go. I've never liked how some fics write George being depressed for a few weeks then snapping out of it when getting into a romance with someone like Hermione and all is better. That is totally unrealistic.

I very much appreciated your lack of grammar mistakes and typos. That's a big pet peeve of mine! If there was any criticism I would give it would probably be on a few things that weren't strictly canon. Once you start basing the majority of your plot to reflect canon it is jarring to veer away.

For instance George's relationship with Katie seemed to be getting very serious. Yet we know he ended up with Angelina. So are we left to ponder if he stays with Katie or somehow gets with Angelina in the future? Harry said when thinking about moving from the Burrow that he had no where else to go. Did he check his accounts and holdings at Gringott's? His parents moved TO the house that got destroyed when they were I hiding. Obviously they were living somewhere else first. Since Harry is no longer a minor he should have been able to see all the Potter and Black properties that he now owns. I highly doubt that Gimmauld Place was the only home the Black family had. Neville didn't go into the Aurors like he did either. Which was a bummer because Harry could have used a friend. Why would Harry know ligillimancy? He really was never very good at occlumancy but I'm sure he got better over the year on the run. They are two separate things. Being good at one doesn't mean being good at the other.

There were a few things left hanging that I wondered about. Like did Seamus ever get any help? Why didn't Harry tell Ginny what went on in the past year? Or why didn't they all sit don't and talk about it? Didn't anyone from the ministry want to talk to Harry, Ron and Hermione? Did they ever get an Order of Merlin? What happened to Rita Skeeter and her book about Harry? Did Harry ever talk to Snape's portrait? Those are just a few questions I had.

Congratulations on a job well done! Good luck in the rest of your endeavors but never stop writing!
Bluewolf80 chapter 42 . 9/30/2016
Why didn't Ron just side-along Harry to Hogsmead?
3,518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »