Reviews for Tales of Payback
Reina Ann Vilre chapter 6 . 8/16/2014
You're wrong. No, I am not saying your theory is wrong about Luke bringing Asch back at the end of the game; if you want to believe in that ending, it is perfectly fine with me. Yes, it does make a lot of sense story wise for the game, but what I am saying is that is not the only possible future of the game, and therefore, should not be the only theory that should be considered "canon" for the end of the game. I myself cannot believe there is any true canon ending for Tales of the Abyss as it ruins the whole message of the game; there is no one set path.

Now, on the other hand, I did greatly enjoy your story here (though I kept getting confused with "Asch and "Luke" due to there names being reversed in this story) and by no means, do I intend to be overly critical of your plot/writing. The "monologues" were a bit tiring in places, and I felt you explained a little too much in dialogue, but it was otherwise entertaining to read, especially the end with Lorelei chewing "Asch" out for his whole "humans are bastards" rant.
CuteCat213 chapter 6 . 6/23/2014
YYYEEEESSSSSS! Not quite exactly what I was thinking, but if this is as good as it's ever going to get, I'll still be satisfied!
CuteCat213 chapter 4 . 6/23/2014
Those Ion ducklings are the cutest thing in the entire world EVER! I want one so badly it's not even funny! ...And you are officially my most reviewed author ever, by a landslide. FANTASTIC job on making all these wonderful stories\chapters that make feel the irripressable urge to let you know how amazing you are. -
CuteCat213 chapter 3 . 6/23/2014
I love what you're doing with this. I was just completely pissed with the amount of backstabbing betrayal going on around Luke in the game and I've ranted to my (only vaguely listening) mother about it I don't know how many times. To see it all played out here and resolved is EMENSELY satisfying. I know that this is already complete, but I was wondering if you could be persuaded to make a one-shot where Luke eventually forces Ion to actually grow a spine? Regardless, thank you for all the hard work!
CuteCat213 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
YES! FINALLY! *THIS* is how I thought it should go in the game! Luke never ASKED to be in Asch's place; he didn't STEAL, he was SHOVED into the spot Asch had been plucked from and forced to live up to something he had nothing to do with in the first place! At last: someone else who sees through Asch's 'stealing' bullshit for what it is: petulant whining for his own lack of action! Kudos!
Syeroix chapter 7 . 11/13/2010
I could reread this story fifty times and still love it.

I love where you've taken it, what you've done... everything 3

Especially trippy logical conclusions.

Yesssss
Syeroix chapter 8 . 8/8/2009
Even though this story started off a bit odd I have grown to love it. I lov eyour evaluations of how things work and what is going on which is especially helpful to one who has never actually played the game and only knows of it through the anime, manga, and other fanfiction. I love the play of religion in this story. I don't know how to describe it and can't think of much else at the ungodly hour of the morning but I love this fic. 3
Eclipse Rose chapter 8 . 7/22/2009
I'm too confused to make any sense right now.

Will it continue?

Anyways, I loved this. SO amazing and Lu-Asch is so twisted...
Firehedgehog chapter 8 . 6/19/2009
loved teh update, specialy since Lorelei does admit that ashe and itself are pretty mucha split personality.
Yamiyugikun chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
I like your take on that important scene from Luke's point of view, that Luke stood up to Asch, telling him how he felt instead of Asch always complaining Luke stole his identity. I thought the game didn't show enough from Luke's point of view.
Firehedgehog chapter 7 . 8/16/2008
OMFG.. this was so awesome.. tahts just evil to stop there!
Firehedgehog chapter 6 . 8/8/2008
wow... suicide, stupid cunt... she shoudl have redempted soem oter way
Dreamer's Samhain chapter 6 . 8/8/2008
I really like how Asch thinks in this one. He's a scary bugger, but man. I liked it a lot. the dialoge was amazing, and the ideas...were wow!

Awesome chapter!

Bucky.
Dreamer's Samhain chapter 5 . 8/4/2008
yeah. dubbing it incomplete might be nice xD

its a good story and all, and its interesting to see Luke/Asch act this way when he's normally not like this, so yeha

Bucky.