Reviews for Perfectly Hollow
semexx chapter 1 . 4/14
I feel perfectly hollow after reading this. Well done :)
Phoenixbat chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
hot damn!
zsilvah chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
That is supper depressing but so true.
Pwyllugh chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
This just reminded me of "Genius is a Curse". I Need to reread that.

Your work is just as perfect. I love the way you told the story: Systematically and very dryly without emotions. The prose is lacking the emotions just like the main protagonists are. Perfect!
Idle-Riddle chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
*speechless*

...This is the opposite 'what if' of another story that I've read, titled "Regression". That one is a spin-off of the end of the anime where Light is given a second chance and BB from Another Note was Kira. As I was reading that story, I did wonder what would happen if both L and Light have never cross path... Though, it did get a bit unnerving when Light showed no reaction to the news of L solving a case with his department in his absence. I had thought that Light would pursue L to get to know the man behind the screen and challenge him to escape the boredom of his monotonous life. However, the plot device was that the two of them never meet, so... Thanks for the wonderful read. ")
TNM-Writer chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Well damn. This...this made me... Oh, I dont know, angry? Sad? Bitter? I dont know, maybe a combination. Either way, maybe it was a good thing that Light became a murderer, then. If only to give them both something to live for.
Crazy-Hime chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
If only they've met.
Sentio Infermum chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Well, I held off on reading this for quite a while because I knew it was going to kill me inside.

And I was right.

Even so, it's a brilliant piece, as always. I can see this happening. And it's interesting how there gets to be a sort of tension in the story, even though nothing's happening; it's like the whole DN universe feels strained and twisted, and you're waiting for something to snap, and it just won't come. No wonder those two are going insane.

This is why I always thought Light would have turned into a murderer anyway, personally. It's just something he had to do; he couldn't have settled for anything less and he couldn't have accepted anything more.

Anywho, this was really thought-provoking and well-written. Thanks for posting it!
AnimeLoveIkuto chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Very well written
readerboy7 chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
interesting story. kinda sad but cool
Terahlyanwe chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Awww, L didn't deserve that. but Light did. .
Solita Belle chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Your story has so much potential that when it ends, I don't know if I should be contented or smash the computer.

I don't know what exactly I had expected when I chose to read this story, but I doubt this is it. During the reading I kept waiting for them to meet, for their worlds to collide. It's just... meant to be. This is not the first story I read that painted out Light and L's worlds without each other, but it is surely the most successful in drawing out the 'hollowness' that is inevitable in this 'what if' senario. Light and L are meant to be in each other's world, and I mean it not in the romantic sense, but that they compliment each other so perfectly that to be without is somehow so wrong even they would feel it, dispite never knowing the other exists. I know that the story ended on your note, that this is your idea from the start, but I just can't help but wonder how it did not force itself out of your hand, to correct the wrongness. The ending, no matter how complete it sounds, or how logical, still left me servely unsatisfied.

I don't know why, but the story reminds me so very much of Kal Kally's 'Destiny of Loneliness'. It has a different fandom (YYH), with a different idea, and somehow, the feeling is just the same. Although she ended it on a different note. In my opinion it did not receive as much credit as it deserves. Maybe you should read it sometime. Great minds think alike, and all that.

PS. I have enjoyed greatly your other story, Redivivus. You portraited a non-romantic (or not-yet-romantic) relationship between the two of them so beautifully in there. Any chance you're updating it?
Gabriela River chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Just amazing
APG66 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Excellent story so tragic that its hard to remember that Light not getting the Death Note is a good thing
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
D,: omggg nooo this is sadddddddd