Reviews for Hunting
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Wow. I liked the little banter about design they had.
saxgirl42 chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I have much love for this fic! The characters were portrayed wonderfully, and I like to think this actually happened. Bravo! Two thumbs up!
Templa Otmena chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Oh Thundera, this is marvellous. I have so much to catch up on and you have really spoiled us in recent weeks from what I can see.

What a lovely insight and possible piece to the puzzle this is. Looking forward to reading the rest of your updates as soon as I can.
Artemis Rae chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I love fill-in-the-blank fic. This was wonderful, and fit right in with canon. I have to say there are few authors who can write Legolas and Gimli like you do, especially their banter, which is frankly a gift to fandom.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Can you believe I am just NOW reading this? I was sick when you first posted it and I have been meaning to read it since. GAH! But finally, I got a chance to sit and read and once again, I am floored by your portrayal of Legolas and Gimli. Would that I could do them such justice. I'm not a huge fan of gap filler, but this I just love. Wonderful tale! thanks for sharing.

Any hope of LLS being updated this century? *wink*

NiRi
Liv of life chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
This was really well written! Action sequences are notoriously difficult to write but you've written something very fine. Well done!
Amiable Loner chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Wow, that was amazing! You bring up a good point, we don't know what was going on with those two while they were hunting, it's just a fleeting thought. This was very well written and the imagery vivid. I love it! Until next time!:)
Jevvica chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
That was great! Additions to Gimli and Legolas' story always make me happy!

Now...when can I see some updates to "Land of Light and Shadow"?

vectis chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I'm not a fan of long drawn out battle descriptions as they are often hard to follow and visualise when reading.

This, however, was excellent. The action was easy to follow and it was just so exciting. The description was so detailed that I felt, at the end, that I had watched rather than read the events as they unfolded.

Thank you so much for such a great read.
Sylvia1 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
This was definately one of my favorite pieces from you, Thundera! I'm sure I've mentioned it before - but I absolutely *love* your short fics with Legolas and Gimli going off on their own weird adventure and then returning back to the main battle/plot. Jeez, the craziness they end up stumbling into is just so entertaining! _

Your weaving of your story throughout Tolkien's words is once again admirable too. Quite often when reading these types of stories from you, I end up much preferring your writing to his (though don't get me wrong I love Tolkien's work!).

These little fic gems that you give out certainly make my days at work less monotonous. Thank you (yes, once again) for such an excellent piece! As always, I look forward to seeing what you'll write next.

-Lena

PS: Might I make a vote for a continuing short story from the end of this piece? I think writing the details of their long race after the hobbits would be lots of fun. I felt like a lot of interesting stuff could've happened during that long, tiring journey. Just a thought! :)
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
Really amazing story, fits in perfectly with the book I feel.

Loved that scene with Legolas and the orc, really great writing in building up the tension.

I'm always glad to see you have something new :)
JastaElf chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
This is powerfully written with superb characterizations... not at all surprising, given it's you writing it. :) I really look forward to seeing where you go with this!
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
This was excellent. I felt as if I were there in the woods with them as I was reading. And I really liked the idea of some sorcery at work to explain why everyone behaved the way they did at the lake side.
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
I always find it fascinating to read the things that authorse think could have happened when we weren't looking. This is a perfect example of that and a very enjoyable one.

I love Legolas and Gimli together, especially when they are demonstrating their fighting skills. And of course, the banter is always good for a few laughs.

Another wonderful one-shot from your fertile imagination. Well done, as usual.
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
This was a wonderful gapfiller, and with just the right amount of angst and friendship in it to make my day. :) I always love the way you write Legolas and Gimli!

Tinu