Reviews for Hunting
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
This was a wonderful gapfiller, and with just the right amount of angst and friendship in it to make my day. :) I always love the way you write Legolas and Gimli!

Tinu
Hello Anyone There chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I love this story! The emotions and actions are portrayed perfectly and the fighting scenes are realistically written. I've often wondered what happened to Legolas while 'hunting' and this masterpiece answers all my questions. Indeed, this feels like it should have been part of Tolkiens work all along!

I really enjoyed Legolas' struggle with the tenth orc, it was very tense and dramatic. Thank you for writing this, please write more!
MissQuigley chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Wonderful. It amazes me how good your writing is.
Lamiel chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
This is a well-written and, in my opinion, much needed gap-filler. I always wondered about Legolas and Gimli in that scene, where had they been? Why did they come creeping through the woods, 'hunting', when Boromir had called for aid? This answers those questions wonderfully, and gives us a chance to see our favorite Dwarf and Elf shine. The tension in the standoff between Gimli and the Orc was riveting, and I was holding my breath as the knife slipped closer to Legolas' eye. I liked how you brought into play the hatred between the Dwarves and the Orcs, too. Gimli's taunt about the Goblin King really hit home - everyone knows how Orcs hate Elves, but many of us (myself included) forget to give full tribute to the Dwarves' history with them. This was nicely done.

And I particularly like the last line of the story, in which you tie the them of 'hunting' back into the formation of the Three Hunters. Lovely. Thank you.
Me chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Thundera Tiger, I can say nothing that has not been said countless times already. Once again, you have produced one of the best fics on this site! How DO you do it? ;)
ElfLover chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Your writing never ceases to amaze, and this piece is no different. Bravo once again.

~EL
Aldalena chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
THUNDERA! :D

Ahem. I mean, it's wonderful to see you active on FFnet again! I'm always so excited when I get an alert for one of your stories!

You portray each character's emotions and personality so well! And you write such vivid action scenes, I can see everything playing out in my mind. Boromir's death never fails to sadden me...

I always love the interaction between Gimli and Legolas, and I can especially feel the strong bond of friendship between them in your stories.

Thank you for sharing this amazing (as always!) fic with us! :)
Halfelven hero chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Amazing - vocabulary, characterization, thought pattern, imagery, dialogue... I can go on and on! Well done

Best wishes~