Reviews for The Rise and Demise of DRock: Fact or Fiction
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Umm...wow. This was totally different from anything I've ever read. And very, very interesting. You fully captured the whole *feel* of the documentary on various bands that all music channels have! And I absolutely LOVED the comment on how the people who gets interviewed for this are actually...like the janitor of the bathroom that the band once used! And that adds the extra element of the "unknown" to it, that you'll never know the real story!

(Loved that little 'Male Code Blue' reference! It does sound so scandalous when you hear "they came to blows" and it's so true that they actually *wrestled* for her. That love.)

Haha! And the 'Battle of the Bands' reference! You so win at making this seem really realistic!

AND A BULLY BROTHERS REFERENCE TOO? Is there some sort of book on 'How To Write A Dasey Fanfic' that I haven't read?

(AND Cheerleader Casey. Just...wow. You've taken all the best episodes and just Dasey-fied them intensely!)

I just adore the whole "scandalous" and "taboo" feel of the fic. It's just so true that if/when D-Rock made it big, there would ALWAYS be a Derek/Casey angle because as much as they fool themselves and their friends, it's kind of hard to fool the media.

Oh, and Lexie is SAM'S daughter? What an amazing twist!

It's a wonderful fic and very well put together. The formatting is excellent. I really liked it! :)
Vryn13 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
I really liked how you used actual scenes from the show.

Good job :)

p.s.i think jeyton is awesome (lol, i always forget to tell you that) but that maybe because i'm a Brucas fan forever!
Silverian Rose chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
ah, i totally loved it! it was so sweet!
BlackKeys09 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
That was amazing! the commentary on the tv was insanely realistic. i loved the way you made D-Rock famous and all that..although if Sheldon had taken over as lead man i dont think they would have been popular enough to have gone on for 15 years afterwards :P

having it from his son's Pov was a really good idea.

Loved it!
bsloths chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Shellie, that was awesome! I loved the appearances from Ryan and Amy, and the NECKLACE! Oh, the necklace! You did such a good job with this!
TheBucketWoman chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
That was fun! Seeing the D-Rock reunion would have been all time, but I'm squeeing as it is! You brought up Ryan, Amy, Teddy, Nathan and Nick! And Shemily! And Sam doing philanthropic work! Sheldon writing more songs (with the word lout in them?).

And VH-1. And that's just besides the Dasey. So much to love.
jfdasklfdnamjn chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
hahahahhahahhahahahah

*continues to laugh*

THAT was FANTATIC

I loved every second of it.

I hope you aren't offended (i dont' see why, but who knows) this is possibly one of the most entertaining things i've read/seen in a long time.

Loved it!

And Evan and Lexie were cute to.

Sam and Derek's kids are meant to be...

okay that sounded awkward but you know what i meant.

Update MiOL soon!

Jess
alwaysandforever08 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Wow. That was definitely different, but it was great!
fanficrulez chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Cool fic shellie. I liked how you showed Dasey moments from the show :D

Dean
Lanter chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Nicely done and using VH1 to portray the back story of D-Rock, and Dasey, was a clever idea.
Moonlit-Jeannie chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Okay, so I had read this earlier (when I was supposed to be leaving for work...shame on you), but I couldn't review before I left. No time. So I am now.

I absolutely loved it! Evan's all kinds of shades of his father. It's nuts. I liked Lexie too. Loved the whole thing, it was great and thanks again for participating! If you want to be in the next round go ahead and send me your prompts.
Vengeful chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Wonderful! I always love to see Dasey from someone else's point of view, and this certainly did a good job of it. Very good er...reporting. I don't watch VH1 or MTV, but I imagine that this is somewhat how their reports would be. Very funny.

Lexie and Evan were very cute-poor guy, though! Girl has definitely got him whipped :)
December'sRose chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Really awesome idea! I love how this came out, you did a fantastic job with it! Evan made me giggle a bit and I loved the various pairings with the pinch of Shemily. Yay. :)

~Symone
December chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Wow. I'm just in awe. This is amazing, and better than anything I could have imagined. VH1 coverage? Just great. I loved, loved, loved this. I did want to give Evan a hug.

Oh, and Sasey, Rasey, and Dasey in one story? I'm not worry.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Pretty good, Evan's sarcasm cracked me up.

Meanwhile, I think the alert system on here is messed up, again, arg!