|Reviews for Over The Rainbow|
| Fanshowmaker chapter 11 . 4/11
Loved it. Some errors but I can ignore it.
| Guest chapter 10 . 12/13/2015
I put Lydia through the Mary Sue test. 475 was the total. WOW.
| Guest chapter 3 . 12/12/2015
My Sue report is gonna be heavy today. You couldn't think of a better name than Sailor Rainbow? And why didn't Makoto appear during the first chapter?! Sailor Jupiter rules! Stealing the canon characters roles and being over-powered, not to mention offensive to Irish like me? Ugh! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!
| TheOccasionalFanfic chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Hey there. I'm actually part Irish myself and I think you need to re-think the way you portray Lydia in this fanfiction. I'm sure you didn't intend this but the way she's written is actually pretty offensive and isn't really representative of Irish culture. For instance, I have no idea of her views of British rule of Ireland - which, for many Irish people, is a topic deeply close to our hearts. She seems to be a collection of stereotypes about Ireland rolled into one rather than a fully fledged character. Here's some things you could do to flesh her out a little more and make her into a believable Irishwoman:
1. Research Irish culture. There's a lot more to it than lucky charms, and if you want to improve this fic you're going to have to look into it. Pick a County for Lydia to come from, give her a hometown and a religion and look into any local legends that she might have grown up with. Needless to say, you should also give her opinions on all of these things too.
2. Stop typing out Lydia's Irish accent. It's enough to say she has an accent, typing it out is something that belongs in the Victorian era. Also, young Irish people rarely call each other 'laddie' and 'lassie' and Lydia's surname is actually Scottish.
3. Have her react to life in Japan. Let her remark on the cultural differences, let her be surprised or shocked or anything, but if she steps into it as if she's known it all her life it just isn't believable of someone who grew up in Ireland.
4. Give her her own story. At the moment she's just walking through the first series and stealing Sailor Moon's lines - you can do better than that. Give her her own character arc and development, link it back to Ireland if you want, but just inserting her into the first series like this is only going to produce continuity problems.
5. Please, please stop with the shamrocks, and the luck, and the rainbows. She's not a leprechaun (unless that's a twist ending?) - she is a teenage girl. She needs to be grounded in normality in order for her to be a believable character.
Obviously, you can take or leave my advice, and I'd like to stress that I in no way set out to offend you. However, Lydia needs a drastic re-write in order to make her into a believable character, and I think that if you took some of my advice on board it might help you to make her a more realistic, grounded kind of person.
| sailorcancer01 chapter 20 . 6/23/2012
I realy ejoyed reading you story. I'm looking forward to reading the sequil to over the rainbow story.
| sailorcancer01 chapter 11 . 6/10/2012
I really enjoyed the chapter that you wrote. Have you've ever wondered what would happen if Serena had a special friend who happened to be a handsome guy with shaggy black hair who took Serena to slick chicks beauty salon would one of the hairstystylists give him a hair cut?
| AngelofDarkness95 chapter 20 . 9/25/2011
wow that was really good i cant wait to read the sequel going to see if it is up now thx for your amazing story~~!
| Fhaatra Joysword chapter 20 . 7/23/2011
it was cool, what you did with the shadow, and how the idea, in a way, (other than from you, the author) came from Sailor Rainbow herself. I also read the sequels, and i think it would be awesome if you went into the time of Crystal Tokyo and then showed life there, and the adventures of the younger generation of scouts.
| Olaf74 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I'm lost of words. Your Story is more than Fantastic. Please continue it as soon as possible.
| wildflower1014 chapter 20 . 7/30/2008
That was a really good story. Lydia was a funny character and quite charming.
| wildflower1014 chapter 4 . 7/27/2008
I like your story, its cute.
| Great Bishop Hazel chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Thank you, Suethor, for setting the Irish people back a thousand or so years. 'Shamrock Wand'? Please. Also, LEAVE THE DAMN HEROISM AND SUCH TO THE CANON CHARACTERS! Either that or make up a BACKGROUND Sailor Scout and not one to overshadow Sailor Moon herself. The fandom is called 'Sailor Moon' not 'Sailor Rainbow' Let's keep it that way. Oh, and if I see a 'pot 'o gold' reference or anything that reminds me of Lucky Charms later in the fic... Oh, aside from all that, the cat in your fic, Luck, was it? I'm sure he'd taste good with cat'sup. Yummy.
| Z0Z Zetsu Fangirl Z0Z chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
For your bad attempts at Irish accents, (We don't call everyone lad or lassie, and the attempts at writing a brouge were quite pitiful) for your ridiculous outfit, (sorry, but rainbow just doesn't work with senshi fuku) for your insane overpowering, and for shoving aside canon to focus on your OC, I hereby sentence you to be stampeded by fanfiction writing Irishmen. Drunken ones, at that. And then attacked by sugarhigh talking rats. Nonetheless, this char could be quite good, if it weren't for the overly hasty power-ups, and the bad attempt at an Irish accent. I give you full props for trying something new with an Irish character (Ireland forever! Woot!), but I have a tip about writing an OC of a particular nationality: It's a bitch doing it. If you emphasise the traits of that nationality too much, people will accuse you of being racist. But if you don't emphasise them enough, people will accuse you of not being realistic enough. Your best bet is to spend time around people of the nationality that you are writing about, so that you know as much as you can, and are prepared to deal with critisim. Hope you found this helpful!
| Irihi Safaia chapter 8 . 4/25/2006
I was reading and reading and something was buggin' me at the back of my mind. This chapter clinched it for me and let my mind go "HEY!" at me.
So very AU since the scouts wouldn't have met Sailor Venus until this chapter... *shakes finger at the author* bad ;) *giggles* but good fic! *reads on*
| 01kcud chapter 2 . 3/26/2006
Right, first off, sorry if I hurt your feelings. REALLY sorry. I never mean to hurt anyones feelings, and I apologise for my rude/snarki/bitchi ness.
And there IS a reason for Jupiter to exist. O.K, anyway... YOU ARE AMAZING! I COULD NEVER WRITE THAT MUCH FOR ONE CHAPTER!
Or maybe it's just because you packed what I would call two or three chapers into one... O.K! I'm rambling! BYE!