Reviews for The Grass Isn't Always Greener
HalianFromPlanetZork chapter 11 . 7/20/2009
This was so sweet, I loved it from start to finish. Howard is SO worth more then 50p, but if thats all he's going for then I'll buy him. 3 I'm so glad they got togther in the end, and I must say I loved your character Scotty. WOOT Scotty FAn-Club! Okay I won't go THAT far. lol
hkfdshkdjlfkghhlglfjdkghs chapter 11 . 6/19/2009
aw, sweetness!

Love times a billion (that's quite decent amount of love!)

Howard reminded my a bit of Rimmer in the earlier chapters, lol, it was fantastic and made me wanna watch Red Dwarf...

Brie xx
xxpipxx chapter 11 . 12/20/2008
Lmao...Accesories include tall jazzy northener (50p). That made me laugh so much...that should go in the show :p

swisstony chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Vince headlining at Glastonbury coolio: D

Lurv it: )

Great fic: D
Beechwood0708 chapter 11 . 8/3/2008
And that was a really lovely ending as well. Perfectly uplifting, and just gorgeous. The dialogue was so sweet, and the love just flowed out of it. And aww, breakfast in bed- Howard really does seem like the old-romantic type.

And seeing Howard listed as a 50p accessory made me laugh so much. That was a classic line.

This has been a very god story, and the last few chapters in particular were really lovely. Perfect ending.

Beechwood0708 chapter 10 . 8/3/2008
And this one was so so squee-worthily adorable! So lovely and uplifting and... just awh.

The atmosphere was gorgeous. It was so perfectly tense and awkward at the start, but fades into the sweet, playful, very loving atmosphere at the end really naturally. The dialogue was lovely, so them, and the kissing was absolutely adorable. That little interruption when Vince laughs gives it a playfulness and a lightness that really suits them, and it is rather hilarious too.

Righty, into the bedroom I go (oo-er).

Beechwood0708 chapter 9 . 8/3/2008
I just felt the need to say that Chasing Cars automatically makes anything good. Tho that is probably just me, the point's still the same. When I was with my first love, that was our song, and it always reminds me of her. Never fails to get me emotional, that one.

Not that you really needed to know that; I just felt like saying.

So yeah, I'd better say something that's actually useful. Those were a few very sweet chapters. The bit in chapter 7, where Vince admits his love and Howard turns him down, was very tender and emotional- the image of Howard pressed into the corner really raises the sympathy. The dialogue had a lot of closeness to it, and there was such a lot of love there, and because of that, the line “I’m so sorry. I’m not gay” has a really heavy impact. It's sort of like a quiet punch. And the guilt and tenderness in the tone comes through so well, it really is so sad.

Off to read the rest. Promise I'll finish it tonight.

Beechwood0708 chapter 6 . 8/3/2008
Hi, sorry for another late review. At least I'm only 3 weeks behind now instead of 4.

This is very good, as I've read so far. The interactions and the thoughts they have about each other are very nice, and both these thoughts and the embarrassed denial of them is very in character. The humour is good too- Vince suddenly appearing with a chihuahua in a bag, and Howard offering Vince's four ladyfriends breakfast made me laugh a lot.

I like Scotty too- you've given him a very friendly, bubbly personality, which as well as making him come across as very likeable, helps us to identify him with minimal introduction, which means we can see him as a more long-standing friend as Vince would. And introducing an original character in this situation instead of using an existing one, even an unseen character like Leroy, distances him just enough that there's no sense of deep loyalty that would rival Vince's realtionship with Howard.

This is really nice so far- shall read the rest later.

chugirl2526 chapter 11 . 7/11/2008
yay they got together brilliant :) loved this story, hehe howard worth only 50p lol
redlaces chapter 11 . 7/11/2008
Loved the description of Vince's accessories, including Howard! :)
redlaces chapter 9 . 7/11/2008
Yay for quick updates! (and I secretly love that Bon Jovi song...don't tell anyone...) :)
ultra-electrogirl chapter 9 . 7/11/2008
please update today!

chugirl2526 chapter 9 . 7/10/2008
yay updates i loved these, scotty is just so wonderful lol
redlaces chapter 7 . 7/9/2008
Aw, that was sad, liked it though :)
ultra-electrogirl chapter 7 . 7/9/2008
update update updtae update!