Reviews for Heartbreak of a Different Sort
hipsandhallways chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
very good. God I miss zack. This was amazing I love the bones fics about zack that bring me to tears, or at least make my eyes water.
msknowitall chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
I love it, though I have to say that I think Zach was a little out of character a few times, but I think that it was a lovely story. _ 0 u MKia
teenageblockhead chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
This was really good! I'm so glad to have found a fic about Zack and Cam that doesn't try to ship them together. They have such an adorable relationship and you did a really good job conveying the protective, maternal-type feelings Cam has for Zack.

The only thing I have to say about the writing is that some of the dialogue seemed awkward due to the placement of narration within the quote. In case my meaning isn't clear, "'I'm sorry, Dr. Saroyan,' her subordinate said... 'for bothering you...'" seems kind of off to me. The placement of "her subordinate said" indicates a pause in Zack's speech that seems unnatural. That might just be me though, but it's something to keep in mind.

Overall though, I really enjoyed this. It made my day. Thanks for a great fic. Keep writing!
Greytune chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Man. This broke my heart.

I actually believe this was the sort of love she felt for Zack, or maybe even still feels, even if she ignores that he exists.

Did you see her expression when Brennan and Booth came to them in the hospital? They could use that little clip as an explanation to the phrase "her face fell"

And, as I always say and feel after reading something hurt/comfort/angst-y:

Yay for depression.
Temperance-is -a -virtue chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Oh my gosh I love it. I like to think that Cam loves him like a mother too. Thanx for this.

Virtue
MithLuin chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
I like what you've done with this relationship. As Brennan got closer to Booth, she's distanced herself more and more from Zack - and I think Cam stepped in as the mother-figure for him. Most other takes on this quote try to make it into a Zack/Cam romantic story, and I just don't see that. The relationship would be uneven, because she's more his mentor.
egyouppt chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I know it's been like half a year or more, but I was looking to read something about Cam and Zack. I love both characters and their relationship. And let me say, I am not disappointed in this story at all. You captured perfectly Cam's personality and her dynamic with Zack. The wording is fantastic, and overall, I just...wow. This is really great.
BanditPonyta chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
You know, I had been tossing the question around in my head of what exactly did she mean when she said that line? I mean, it seemed so odd, she knew he would cause her pain? How? I then came to my own conclusion which was actually very similar to the one you came to in this story. She thought of him as something of a son and she was a parental figure. And I think all parents know that their children will cause them pain in one way or another. Anyway, I'm just rattling on now. Good story. Very insightful.
Cassiopeia823 chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I'm not usually a Cam fan either, but this was good! It was a better side of Cam, and I'd like to see it on the show once in awhile. Oh, and the style is beautiful.
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Wow! Totally intense! I enjoyed your interpretation of Cam's words!
thefuryisours chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Aww. This is sweet. I love the mothering aspect. It's especially beautiful because Cam claimed that since Zack killed somebody, he deserves to be locked up for the rest of his life. Of course than Sweets points out that it's her own form of grief. So it's nice to see the inward, non-romantic struggle.
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
aaw. im gonna miss Zach so much. your story was really great
18lzytwner chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Good stuff. A different look with Cam. I like it.
WellxWisher chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Very sad and very sweet. I love Zach/Cam interaction on the show and your story is a plausible continuation on the theme. Kudos!
Semper13 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
AWW! I have always thought about that quote since she said it! i was wondering what she meant by it! thank you for listing a possibility and i also loved the way you didn't make it a romance kind of love!