Reviews for The Mercy Seat
Guest chapter 17 . 6/10/2014
This story is beyond epic!
Prothea chapter 17 . 4/11/2014
I'm really liking this; I love your Obi-Wan, and I find the story pretty interesting. The sudden flashbacks mid-scene can be a bit jarring however, especially since the POV jumps around every now and then. But overall, well done. I hope you update more in the future.
Ky111 chapter 17 . 3/19/2014
Awesome story with Obi-Wan as the main hero (he was always my favourite), he doesn't rely on brute strength (even though I'm fairly sure he's capable of some pretty impressive feats with the Force if he wanted to) instead he uses his intelligence and nearly unmatched skill instead (even when out matched or even matched his style and patience will usually will win out, finding a way to force his opponent to make a mistake then capitalising).

Plus I like the Kenobi and Padme relationship I want them to get together but the slow pace your building it up with seems more to their character.

Until the next one.
SashaMonroe chapter 17 . 2/12/2014
I missed this story great update!
ochreish chapter 17 . 2/2/2014
I was so excited when I saw this updated, and boy was my excitement justified. The whole chapter was fast-paced, exhilarating and thought-provoking. Normally I'm not a fan of past flashbacks cutting the main storyline, but in this case it was good to read the back stories of some of the characters.

I cannot wait to read what happens next!
Excellent job, once again.
ochreish chapter 16 . 1/6/2014
This is amazing; the best Star Wars fanfiction I've ever had the privilege to read. I love the atmospheric quality to your writing, and your ability to create characters that transcend the words I read on my mobile screen.

Please, please endeavour to finish this. Real life permitting, of course.
weekaa1313 chapter 16 . 8/11/2013
applause..applause..applause..
bows. yours should have massive reviewers & favorites than what've you got at present.
drama-adventure-angst-action...with a bit of romance.
wonderfully written.
i really do think it's supposed to be the correct plots of starwars.
*sigh...
&could you add more romance-scenes...

/please updateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateup date/

[hugethanksforsharing]
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
Obi-Wan would not make such a ridiculous choice. Padme will be absolutely horrified that he did that for her, whether or not it succeeds.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
What happened to 'there will be two; one Master, one Apprentice"? (Sorry, that isn't a direct quote). More than that, what happened to Anakin? I suppose I'll find out as I keep reading.
Regin chapter 16 . 3/13/2013
I Love, I Like, I Lust!Please Update Soon!
EndlessBlue chapter 15 . 2/26/2013
Once again, I am enamored with your ability to so succinctly and creatively bring a character to life. Usually, the introduction of an OC is either too drawn-out (the reader usually doesn't care about OCs enough at that point to enjoy reading their entire history) or so brief that they fail to become real to the reader, but you manage to turn a few sentences into an amazing introspection into a person we're meeting for the first time.

I'm also impressed with how you manage to keep the romantic tension going between Obi-Wan and Padme despite the serious nature of their mission. And I'm fondly reminded of, not only KOTOR, but Firefly, in that the dynamics of the crew are very similar.

My only complaint is that Padme isn't so worthless in combat situations as your story presents here - of course, this is a major AU, but the films gave us a Padme who could hold her own in battle, keeping a cool head and a fairly accurate trigger-finger. I think we're missing a bit of that expertise here. Even just having her fire off a few shots in a skirmish or offer a bit of sound strategic advice would make her a more familiar version of the Padme we know from the films. I like, though, that her romantic feelings for Obi-Wan never stray into sap or fluff - there's a very tangible physical attraction there, but you thoroughly convey the depth and gravity of her attachment to him. This is no puppy love, and I appreciate that you're taking your time in developing this particular relationship.

I'm also continuing to enjoy Landon and Miler's banter. They are seriously cracking me up. :D
EndlessBlue chapter 12 . 2/26/2013
I wanted to go ahead and leave a review for this chapter before continuing on to read the next. You are a gifted writer, and I am thrilled to have discovered this wonderful mix of KOTOR and the prequels, with the added awesomeness of an Obi-wan/Padme pairing (one of my many non-canon OTPs).

I was particularly impressed by this:

"It couldn't feel like home, a place this sterile. His mom used to tell him a place isn't lived-in until it's dirty and broken, and until there's graves to tie you down. But this place was clean and sturdy, and the Jedi burned their kin."

And this:

"Nightmares beguile us, mining hyperbole from our unshuttered minds, but at our core we're wise to the ruse, whereas the murky state collects elements of the real and the ruse and blends them, so that our wisdom cowers, and while most think of death as a sort of slumber, it's more likely that death is the murky state prolonged, a confounding mix of past and ether which chains us to dirt and dark.

Miler could hear footsteps circling around him, and they sounded like his mom's footsteps and like the interrogator's, and like his own as he walked across his childhood room and across Felucia's diseased fa├žade."

Just stunning descriptions. Your OCs are all well-developed, and everyone interacts with each other in a very understandable way. I'm really intrigued by this weapon that's been discovered (at first I was sure that they were talking about the Star Forge, given your frequent tie-ins with KOTOR, but I'm excited to find out more about this Mercy Seat).

My only nitpick is a formatting issue. A beta reader of mine once pointed out it out in my work, and since I've been made aware of it, it's become a pet peeve of mine: when a character is speaking, I think it helps to have their following quotation come in the same line, rather than breaking it up into a separate line. For instance: "Obi-wan ignored her. 'How are the others?'" instead of, "Obi-wan ignored her.

'How are the others?'"

Like I said, this is very minor, but I think the first way of formatting is accepted as being the more standard way of going about it, and it tends to make it easier for the reader to make the connection between a character and his/her words. Then, if you want to switch it up - have a line focused on one character, and then have another character speak immediately after - the line break makes more sense as it's introducing a change in focus.

Okay, I'm done critiquing. (Phew!) I notice this story only goes up to chapter 16 right now. I sincerely hope you plan on updating soon! In the meantime, I'll go enjoy the following chapters...
Mararsi chapter 16 . 12/8/2012
Heya, good story. Interesting AU and some interesting philosophy. Well written, faithful characters (a better characterization of Padme then in the movies I think!). I hope you continue with this, thanks for all the hard work.
cilepe chapter 7 . 12/8/2012
How much does this differ from the prequel films? I'd think Padme would be able to find a stray blaster somewhere instead of just hover, frightened.
cilepe chapter 1 . 12/8/2012