Reviews for The Heart Brings You Back
Freetobe chapter 3 . 4/17/2009
Hey i just have to say your story and writing style is amazing , really you have talent . i hope that whatever you do you keep on writing . you have kept me reading to half past 2 in the morning ! thank you for making my day beth X
Longing to Write chapter 18 . 3/7/2009
Your story is outstanding - it made me cry, you really captured Bella's pain and emptiness. I was sorry when I was finally finished - I wanted to read more. Thank you.
Longing to Write chapter 17 . 3/7/2009
I love your story but Quil can't be 53 - he wouldn't even have been alive when Bella was human - he would have to be at least 73 if she is 76.
S.R Devaste chapter 18 . 1/31/2009
The mention of the ghosts were really very touching. This is an amazingly sensitive, deep and dark story.
Faerie chapter 18 . 1/26/2009
love your story. It had a great plot. I'm totally team Edward though I like Jacob, and I'm extremly sad at the way it ended with the werewolves. But overall it was one of the best.
Suezanne chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
_
brittnay chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
This is such an interesting story, it is unique and different from other BellaxEdward stories I've read in the past.
Gondolier chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Ok, final overall review of the story. Like I've mentioned previously, this is one of the best. Seriously. As a writer, you don't shy away from some of the more difficult gray issues that frankly, even Meyer didn't deal with. The first is the question of Bella's judgement to begin with. I literally cheered when Bella remarks on her teenage naivety in so readily falling for a vampire without dealing with the challenges it presented-his immortality, his bloodlust. He practically says "I want to take a chunk out of your neck and suck you dry", to which Bella responds "I don't care." Hm. I love that you deal with the darkness of the vampire story, question good and evil, right and wrong, and all the varying degrees of moral dilemmas-so brilliantly in the introduction of a new character, Jonathon Stone.

Which leads to another commendation of the story-your characterizations. Not only have you captured canon figures lovingly and three-dimensionally, your original characters are, dare I say, even more memorable. Jon is so incredibly complex, as is Cecily. No stereotypes here! Your characters serve a purpose and play crucial roles in the plot—they aren’t merely contrivances thrown in to garner a desired outcome.

Ok, cons: I wanted more richness in setting detail. This if fifty years into the future—imagine what you could have done with it! I was aching for those little cultural references that I know you are capable of writing to really put me firmly in this setting. Place detail—sights, sounds, smells, anecdotes, clever little glimpses into this place-often are overlooked, but are what really brings a story to a new level. (Heck, even Meyer herself had to rely on a movie to really show us Forks, WA ;). ) If you ever write a new story or go back and refresh this one, consider developing a sense of place in each scene—clues to tell your reader where and when we are, so we can get into your characters’ heads.

Overall, well done. I enjoyed your work, and hope you write more!
Gondolier chapter 18 . 1/8/2009
Brava, going on my favorites list *click*. What can I say? Hardly a misstep, it wrapped nicely and ended at just the right time. You captured the characters well, and stretched them beyond the Twilight series-nicely done. Definitely one of, if not THE best Twilight fanfiction I've read, and I don't say that lightly. You deserve more recognition for this story, my dear.
Gondolier chapter 13 . 1/8/2009
You know, I think I enjoyed this chapter even more than the last. Your characters are remarkably developed and complex, especially Jonathon Stone. I find myself caring about them, perhaps more so than in the original series. Very perceptive, this: "I’ll never love anyone else again and for a while it never occurred to me to worry that he would grow a thousand years older then me before death crossed his mind, or that his very nature yearned for my blood...I’m not sure I would have that naivety now.” Beautiful.
Gondolier chapter 6 . 1/7/2009
Oh, this story is just too wonderful! Plot and passion, it's hard to resist. You had me tearing up-tearing up!-reading fanfiction! One of the best I've read, and I'm picky ;)
Gondolier chapter 5 . 1/7/2009
You are an excellent storyteller. It's extremely difficult to retell a story that everyone is familiar with, but in a new way that keeps your reader reading. Having Edward relate his and Bella's love story for the first time to a new character revitalized it- I was enraptured by it! Well done.
Gondolier chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
This is fantastic so far! I can't believe you don't have more reviews-this is truly a hidden gem. Your writing is solid and eloquent, on a completely different playing field. It's refreshing to be able to take the time and savor sentences. I can't wait to read more, and I'll try to push you over 100 reviews ;)
MsKrissy chapter 18 . 1/7/2009
I loved this story! It was very beautiful and intense! I will definately be reading it again!
vanilfrappe chapter 18 . 1/6/2009
Oh, yes, he's VERY taken, indeed! And if not by Bella, then the girl will have to get in line behind the millions of other girls like ME already waiting! Great story! I loved the epilogue, because that's exactly the kind of life Bella is going to be living now...everyday, physics 101 with edward cullen! You're a great writer.
126 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »