Reviews for The Heart Brings You Back
Prismaa chapter 18 . 4/22/2009
Okay, I dont really know what to tell you in this review. I really like your writing style, or, rather; the way you've executed it flawlessly. This is truly the only story with this kind of writing that I've found good. Very well written, lovely storyline and a very capturing description. The characters are exactely as I see them, so that's another plus. Oh heck, I simply like it! :D
Freetobe chapter 3 . 4/17/2009
Hey i just have to say your story and writing style is amazing , really you have talent . i hope that whatever you do you keep on writing . you have kept me reading to half past 2 in the morning ! thank you for making my day beth X
Longing to Write chapter 18 . 3/7/2009
Your story is outstanding - it made me cry, you really captured Bella's pain and emptiness. I was sorry when I was finally finished - I wanted to read more. Thank you.
Longing to Write chapter 17 . 3/7/2009
I love your story but Quil can't be 53 - he wouldn't even have been alive when Bella was human - he would have to be at least 73 if she is 76.
S.R Devaste chapter 18 . 1/31/2009
The mention of the ghosts were really very touching. This is an amazingly sensitive, deep and dark story.
Faerie chapter 18 . 1/26/2009
love your story. It had a great plot. I'm totally team Edward though I like Jacob, and I'm extremly sad at the way it ended with the werewolves. But overall it was one of the best.
Suezanne chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
_
brittnay chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
This is such an interesting story, it is unique and different from other BellaxEdward stories I've read in the past.
Gondolier chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Ok, final overall review of the story. Like I've mentioned previously, this is one of the best. Seriously. As a writer, you don't shy away from some of the more difficult gray issues that frankly, even Meyer didn't deal with. The first is the question of Bella's judgement to begin with. I literally cheered when Bella remarks on her teenage naivety in so readily falling for a vampire without dealing with the challenges it presented-his immortality, his bloodlust. He practically says "I want to take a chunk out of your neck and suck you dry", to which Bella responds "I don't care." Hm. I love that you deal with the darkness of the vampire story, question good and evil, right and wrong, and all the varying degrees of moral dilemmas-so brilliantly in the introduction of a new character, Jonathon Stone.

Which leads to another commendation of the story-your characterizations. Not only have you captured canon figures lovingly and three-dimensionally, your original characters are, dare I say, even more memorable. Jon is so incredibly complex, as is Cecily. No stereotypes here! Your characters serve a purpose and play crucial roles in the plot—they aren’t merely contrivances thrown in to garner a desired outcome.

Ok, cons: I wanted more richness in setting detail. This if fifty years into the future—imagine what you could have done with it! I was aching for those little cultural references that I know you are capable of writing to really put me firmly in this setting. Place detail—sights, sounds, smells, anecdotes, clever little glimpses into this place-often are overlooked, but are what really brings a story to a new level. (Heck, even Meyer herself had to rely on a movie to really show us Forks, WA ;). ) If you ever write a new story or go back and refresh this one, consider developing a sense of place in each scene—clues to tell your reader where and when we are, so we can get into your characters’ heads.

Overall, well done. I enjoyed your work, and hope you write more!
Gondolier chapter 18 . 1/8/2009
Brava, going on my favorites list *click*. What can I say? Hardly a misstep, it wrapped nicely and ended at just the right time. You captured the characters well, and stretched them beyond the Twilight series-nicely done. Definitely one of, if not THE best Twilight fanfiction I've read, and I don't say that lightly. You deserve more recognition for this story, my dear.
Gondolier chapter 13 . 1/8/2009
You know, I think I enjoyed this chapter even more than the last. Your characters are remarkably developed and complex, especially Jonathon Stone. I find myself caring about them, perhaps more so than in the original series. Very perceptive, this: "I’ll never love anyone else again and for a while it never occurred to me to worry that he would grow a thousand years older then me before death crossed his mind, or that his very nature yearned for my blood...I’m not sure I would have that naivety now.” Beautiful.
Gondolier chapter 6 . 1/7/2009
Oh, this story is just too wonderful! Plot and passion, it's hard to resist. You had me tearing up-tearing up!-reading fanfiction! One of the best I've read, and I'm picky ;)
Gondolier chapter 5 . 1/7/2009
You are an excellent storyteller. It's extremely difficult to retell a story that everyone is familiar with, but in a new way that keeps your reader reading. Having Edward relate his and Bella's love story for the first time to a new character revitalized it- I was enraptured by it! Well done.
Gondolier chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
This is fantastic so far! I can't believe you don't have more reviews-this is truly a hidden gem. Your writing is solid and eloquent, on a completely different playing field. It's refreshing to be able to take the time and savor sentences. I can't wait to read more, and I'll try to push you over 100 reviews ;)
MsKrissy chapter 18 . 1/7/2009
I loved this story! It was very beautiful and intense! I will definately be reading it again!
127 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »