Reviews for When The Past Escapes You
CalmWinds chapter 35 . 2/27
awesome story I loved it, especially how you pointed out the others mistakes and quick forgiveness
lemon-rind chapter 35 . 10/24/2014
Well done. That was an incredible read.
Msboom13 chapter 35 . 6/17/2014
I absolutely love your stories
AngelLostInTheClouds chapter 35 . 4/19/2014
Enjoyable story thank you for writing it. Though the last chapter could have had a lot more depth.
Soft sands writer,
SDM56 chapter 35 . 8/17/2013
This story is so good i finished within a couple of hours today. :)
DarkArtemisHunter chapter 35 . 5/14/2013
Cordy's threat was hilarious
DarkArtemisHunter chapter 33 . 5/14/2013
What happened did big bertha run me over with a monster truck or something hilarious
DarkArtemisHunter chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
What kind of candy assed name is Buffy that was hilarious I almost choked
DarkArtemisHunter chapter 3 . 5/7/2013
I like the faith wins thing hilarious
charmedloverloes chapter 35 . 1/11/2013
I read this whole story last night (much too long for one night, but I couldn't stop). I really like the whole story except the ending. Like some people before me have said, the ending felt very rushed. But I guess it was better for me last night, because it made me go to bed earlier, so it all worked out ;)
DandelionKing chapter 35 . 9/12/2012
I really enjoyed this fic. It was emotionally complex from the start (a most captivating first chapter!) I was hooked! I read all 35 chapters between an evening where I read until my eyes just couldn't be forced open a moment longer and a morning, which started at 5am just so I could continue reading! This last chapter was...painfully dissatisfying. The careful development of the first chapter was nowhere to be seen. Buffy's evolution of emotion is burried somewhere that is unaccessible, where the rest of the characters have been open to voyeurs. And this is the CLIMACTIC moment, the to-be-fulfilling moment when, after everyone else has been cracked open and laid bare, Buffy is finally laid vulnerable before readers. But, it didn't happen that way. Even with the kiss in the previous chapter I couldn't tell if Buffy was sincere. She was still such a stubborn horse, there was still everything wrong with it that was wrong before in their interactions. And then Faith shows up at Buffy's door with no memories of all the bonding moments with the other characters...all of those feelings of being frightened and threatened and letting them close by inviting them to fill those gaps are just, gone. They were her vulnerable heart and I'm sad to see that she does not remember those exchanges and that she just shows up at Buffy's just so trusting and happy go lucky :( Please...if you have the time, energy, and inspiration, please rewrite this last chapter. I want to see that last missing, revealed evolution between Faith and Buffy. They can work through the mistrust, the pain, the realization, the vulnerability, etc etc. I love this fic. Pleeeeaaaase, let me fall in love with a last chapter. But also, in recognition of a very good fic elsewise, thank you, so much for posting. :) (PS did you know this is on the first page when sorted by most accumulated favorites for 's Buffy/Faith pairing, English, All Ratings? That's pretty fantastic! :D)
BaronScrewtape chapter 27 . 8/26/2012
One point: Buffy always took blame for the death of Finch. Remember her crying to Willow over the killing? Remember she kept saying "We killed a man?"? And remember Buffy was the one who kept trying to get through to her, to get her to work with her, at least until the threatened torture session?

Cause I just watched season 3 and I remember all of that. Yes, I think you are right about why Faith did what she did, and I also agree that Willow was eating her bitch flakes every morning that season, but I don't think your assessment of Buffy in this was entirely fair. (And as to the hate... consider how you would feel if someone swapped bodies with you, screwed your lover, and left you to be killed).

Other than that, enjoying the story.
Inara Seraph chapter 27 . 8/13/2012
What the fuck? Cordy now has a thing for Faith? Buffy is now responsible for Finch's death? Do you not remember the conversation where Buffy says that they have to tell somebody what happened? She does say that 'you killed a man' .. and if I want to go along with your interpretation that they're both equally responsible, that still doesn't explain away the part that comes next, namely the part where Faith was like, 'fuck no bitch, I'm taking it to the grave.' And the part where Buffy was 'snitching?' Uh, excuse me- snitching means you're trying to get someone in trouble. Buffy was not trying to get Faith in trouble. She wanted to help her, as evidenced by her conversation with Giles about how 'it wasn't her fault.' Hiding the fact that you accidentally murdered someone is not something any sane person should be doing. Faith's intentions were more sinister. She was trying to pass responsibility solely on Buffy; the only person doing any snitching was Faith.

The level of Faith adoration has skyrocketed to insane levels with this latest chapter.
Inara Seraph chapter 25 . 8/13/2012
There's a bit too much Faith loving going on here.. everyone is sympathetic to Faith, everyone who isn't is portrayed in a negative light, Faith's bad qualities are portrayed in a good light, and her good qualities are prominently on display, and some new good qualities are invented out of thin air..
Nanananananananananannaa chapter 35 . 3/8/2012
I love your fucking story, is awesome!