Reviews for SelfEvident Truths
starr1095 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
i agree with that. it is wrong to take our own freedoms for granted because too many people have sacrificed their own lives to get us here and we just take that for granted. this is really good and you have reminded what independence day is all about
CodyRhodesFan chapter 1 . 7/28/2008

It's me... long time, hasn't it? I do not celebrate indepedance day but I know its meaning and I see why you choose Danielle to symbolise something as beautiful as freedom. Your fic is inspiring. I love every moment of it. You're awesome! ;)
EverAfterGirl chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
great story. great meaning.

~*KeEp On RoCkEn, MissMontana*~
Jessica01 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
How true.
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
That was... inspirering, I can see why ya chosed Danielle to be the character of such an important thing as freedom.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
mystery writer5775 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
As good of intention you had I don't believe you touched this particular holiday with as much emotion as you have in the past. Independence day is truely an amazing holiday but as I look around all I see is people enjoying it because of parades and fire works. But to be honest I watched the parade in front of my work and there were only to floats I truely liked. The flag carriers, even though they aren't a float I think it's wonderful they do it. And where the vetrans rode. For both I took off my hat and respected them how you should but around me all I saw was kids playing and adults talking, completely ignoring it. I may not know what it means not to have freedom but I do know that our relatives had to fight for their lives, some even losing their lives, for us to be free in this land we call America. It's for that reason that I try my best to decorate myself in as much red white and blue as I possibly can, to show respect. Then there is my family, my parents went fishing! Alone! And me and my brothers were working. I however managed to wear a butterfly with a flag in it on my shirt along with blue hair and a flag decorated neck cooler to show that I am proud of my country. And every time I see fire works I just think that here we are, we could have been born anywhere but we were privlidged enough to be in such a beautiful place where we are. We're free to enjoy things that others can't. And it's just small things you are missing. I feel you brushed the surface with your fic and I also believe that even if someone spent their whole life writing on freedom they could not come close to describing it. Freedom is one thing that no man can take away!
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Your one-shots are always so poignant!

I'm not sure that it is true to canon, though. I've finally seen "Kindred Spirits," and Danielle seemed to love Vlad. And Vlad had tricked her into believing that he loved her, as well. It wasn't until the near completion of the "perfect Danny clone" that she had a clue that she was "less than perfect."

But nonetheless, this was sweet, and it gives the feeling of independence that you drove home. Very nice, and thank you for it.

Happy Independence Day!