Reviews for That's Why They Call It the Present
Call me mutual chapter 25 . 4/8
I lived your story I literally kept on with it all the way through to the end. The progression of characters throughout was well structured as was your ability to describe there emotions.
The plot was strong and had me hooked on every word which resulted in many an revision session being wasted. Also the romances with the OCs were beautiful I guess I'm an old romantic at heart even though I keep denying it . Everything about this was excellent in my eyes I'm just sad that it's over but I think your doing a service by adding to this genre due to it lacking high quality content so thank you so much for that.
If you need inspiration for another KFP story maybe you could pitch a plot around an orphan female snow leapord living in anew orphanage who suffers from bullying at the hands of other children. It'd be based after tai lungs defeat and she'd be bullied because the other children would compare her to tai lung ( cause they're both snow leapords). And then progress it on her running away and stumbling upon a certain evil kung fu master who just so happens to have survived the wushi finger hold . Than you can Base it of them developing a father daughter relationship and the struggles they'd encounter what with him recovering and the perils of the street not to mention the 5 and po as well as everyone else.
Just a suggestion if ya have some free time. Also if you do consider it id like the young snow leapord to be called Xue which means snow as well as study, learning and school.
Good luck for the future Luna. Time to browse your other work
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 14 . 12/4/2016
Naked barb against smut is naked, (pun intended) and ironic. Ironic, brcause later in the chapter, tigress and dalang have an implied sex scene. See below.

Dalang, the more synonyms you use to compliment tigress, the less authentic it sounds.

Tigress, you are a fucking kung fu warrior. There is no way his caresses overloaded your senses. Dalang, stop touching her. Author, stop writing this BS about Tigress enjoying feeling like she is a woman. Of course she's a woman, that's an objective fact. If you are going to write this utter waste of server space, be honest: she's 'enjoying' conforming to society's stereotypes about how women should think and act.

Super disciplined kung fu master gives into lust, after, like, the second date. I mean, just, just fuck this shit. I give up.

Also, implied sex scene is implied.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 13 . 12/4/2016
Smartass Dalang is smartass. Also, cliché smartass lines are cliché.

Flashback irony is ironic. Hilarious!

Po, please stop assisting in making Tigress even more OCC. Thank you.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 12 . 12/4/2016
Why do we do disclaimers? You know that whole, "all rights reserved?" That means that they will sue you.

Well, that one time wu tripped him definitely proves he needs to work on balance.

Damn fucktards bastardizing tigresses character AND appearance. Damn you all. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Yes, shang, their lives did mean nothing. Damn religious chinese (well ethnically russian) anthropomorphic tigers.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 11 . 12/4/2016
Abridged history for the sake of the reader is abridged.

Im going to guess the training will pull a po on mei xinv and su lin, they will suck at it at first, then get really good. Ah, deus ex machina.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 10 . 12/4/2016
Seriously, why the fuck is everyone concerned with hormones? How do they KNOW about hormones? Its a stereotype about females that they act the way you imply they acted, and if you weren't bastardizing tigresses character already i could forgive it, but theres more to life than hormones. Also, in developing teenagers, hormones are inconsistently affective, so its even more bullshittier.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 9 . 12/4/2016
WHY?! WHY?! WHY do tigress pairings always end up bastardizing her character? Why do writers love feminizing her? Bah!
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 8 . 12/4/2016
'Tai Lung angst,' seems to be the battlecry of every fanfic with Tai lung in it. After a while it all starts to sound the same. I swear that theres a copy paste section every writer of Tai lung knows.

Ok, this chapter redeems some of the past bullshit. Dark chapter is DARK. Jeez. Though, we all know that Tai lung will kiss her booboos and make her feel better though later, and they'll get married. marriage ftw!
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 7 . 12/4/2016
Disclaimer about redundant annoyingness is redundantly annoying.

Dalang seems to think that Tai lung is the only one with a chance of redemption. However, I'ma gonna guess that they are all gonna live happilly ever after, po with su lin, tai lung with mei xing, dalang with (gasp) tigress, and wu with shifu. You know, because they're all (double gasp) the same fucking species as their pairee. Predictable pairings are predictable.

Vachir was a commander, not a general.

"Thank you Adamn West." - Shifu
Batman references.

Phony tension is phony.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 6 . 12/4/2016
Where do the eggs come from..?

Viper, if you ever wonder if something is heavenly or sinful, word of advice: neither.

Po, your comment about snakes is racist. And wrong. They are completely deaf.

Also, just because everyone ships tigress with everyone doesn't mean you should join in. Just because its popular doesn't mean that its not bastardizing her character.
Zekrom1010101010 chapter 4 . 12/4/2016
Why the fuck is Dalang spending so much time on Tigress? Is he not the fucking cook? Is this place not fucking packed? Dear god! This is just a dumbass incident designed to help develop this dumb subplot you've fantastically developed, or some other bullshit. Also, she'd be better off just throwing the fucking stuff giving her indigestion up! Last time I checked, its not exactly like there are many people around, just throwing the shit up would immediately help, and easy to clean up! Its not like she should fucking care! I wouldn't give two flying fucks, and i am not a badass Kung fu master. Oh, wait she has to be self conscious, so that the epic love story can begin. Fuck this.

Shitty plot ftw

There will be three...

Holy crap

there will be two

Holy crap!

Holy crap that story was incredible, I couldn't stop reading to the very last sentence. It was the best fanfiction for this movie I have ever read before, absolutely impeccable. There are not words enough to express how awesome this fanfiction was, now I am going to get some well deserved sleep now that I have been released from this awesome story so I can come back to read more tomorrow! You have an exceptional talent for writing.
Alyssa chapter 22 . 7/15/2016
I love how you used lines from the movie in different context, made me smile reading this chapter.
Alyssa chapter 20 . 7/14/2016
"Now that's what I like to see." I have mixed feelings about that saying but I rather like it and the consistency it has among the couples in this story. I'm going to be a little dazed when I finally finish this fanfiction because it is so good.