Reviews for That's Why They Call It the Present
There will be three...

Holy crap

there will be two

Holy crap!

Holy crap that story was incredible, I couldn't stop reading to the very last sentence. It was the best fanfiction for this movie I have ever read before, absolutely impeccable. There are not words enough to express how awesome this fanfiction was, now I am going to get some well deserved sleep now that I have been released from this awesome story so I can come back to read more tomorrow! You have an exceptional talent for writing.
Alyssa chapter 22 . 7/15
I love how you used lines from the movie in different context, made me smile reading this chapter.
Alyssa chapter 20 . 7/14
"Now that's what I like to see." I have mixed feelings about that saying but I rather like it and the consistency it has among the couples in this story. I'm going to be a little dazed when I finally finish this fanfiction because it is so good.
Alyssa chapter 17 . 7/14
I like it, i feel like tigress is a little too OOC but oh well. Still pretty good.
Alyssa chapter 16 . 7/14
Well seems there is some good forces within the bad, loving the story so far can't seem to stop reading it. Exceptional writing, you have no need to beg for reviews when I am sure such artistry gets plenty, you surely have a loyal fan in this reader.
Alyssa chapter 12 . 7/14
Well you're right about leaving me wanting more.
Alyssa chapter 11 . 7/14
Well shit, I knew there was something about that Wu I didn't entirely trust. Okay so she is going to be the character I am going to love to hate and occasionally like. Can't wait to see what Su lin's story is. Great so far I can't stop reading it.
Alyssa chapter 8 . 7/14
Still not a big fan of Aunt Wu even if they all have skeletons in their closet, but maybe that is just me. Excellent story so far, the only one relatively readable when it comes to this movie.
Mia chapter 9 . 6/29
Tigress x Dalang? Nooooo Tipo forever! :O
Your making more right?
Noooooo I want tipo :(
WhiteStripedTiger chapter 5 . 4/16
Noooooo, I want tipo
Rock Raider chapter 25 . 1/27
Well, I must say, this was one heck of a read. I started reading this near the beginning of this week, and am only now finishing it. But MAN, what a ride it was. Honestly, if the Kung Fu Panda series ever decides to go into spin-off movie territory like Shrek did with Puss In Boots, perhaps it could be something like this. Of course, I don't know if Dreamworks ever plans to do something like this, but I suppose we still have stuff like this.

I will say my one major problem with the story was all the swear words. This story is, indeed, delving into dark territory. I think it might have to do, for me, with the fact that Kung Fu Panda is still a kid's movie, so to hear (or read) swear words come out of the mouths of these characters is kind of a sensitive area for me. But still, this is your story. If you want to make them swear, that's up to you. I'm just a reader. You are the writer.

The cast you wrote, I will say, is quite the ensemble. While PoxTigress is the canon, you made me like TigressxDalang. Though I do wish, now that I think about it, that we could've seen the other pairings grow. I mean, yeah, Tai LungxMei Xing got its share of spotlight time, but it would've been nice if the other pairings in this fic got some more time as well, so we could see them develop more realistically, see how the relationships between Po and Su Lin, Shifu and Wu Lien, even Crane and Viper grow. I was kinda expected to believe Shifu and Wu Lien would develop feelings for each other, without anything to go on other than they were both red pandas. And before Su Lin got together with Po, and while I eventually knew Tai Lung would eventually get together with Mei Xing, there was a time where I thought Su lin was a better match for Tai Lung, mainly because of the chemistry they shared for the brief moments before your intended pairings drove the two apart. Sorry to ramble about the negative.

Back to the cast. You did a good job on them. They had their strengths, but also flaws to keep them from being Mary Sues. Plus there was their apparent shared history because of the involvement of the Jiao clan in most of their lives. They are all closer for reasons beyond that, of course. But still, good job on the characters.

Well, anyway, see ya. God Bless.
f chapter 18 . 12/30/2015
f
Puckabrinaluver chapter 4 . 12/22/2014
I love how you're presenting the problems- one by one and in a way that shows that will be a reoccurring theme in the story. I am eager to continue on, perhaps more review to come.