Reviews for Haunted
Arpad Hrunta chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Wow. This was really good - I'm not usually inclined to feel much sympathy for Snape, but a good author and a well-written story can make me do that. This one one of them. I like how you had Harry's eyes make Snape pull back from the harsher punishment he had planned for him, and how Snape is haunted by his dreams rather than getting any satisfaction whatsoever from them.

The last line is very evocative.
TheWeaselette chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I can totally imagine Sev thinking this. Sweet story.
Lady Altair chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
The whole image of this story is just so painfully cruel, it really brings home what it must've been for Snape, all those years teaching Harry. The nightmare, especially, was just heartbreaking. The conflicting emotions are so well defined, I think you did a wonderful job depicting Snape, who really is just a confusing mass of contradiction. Lovely work!
verity candor chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Oh, this is the meeting from PoA, in Snape's POV? I didn't catch that until near the end. This is really a great fic! I love how you manage to transition from Snape's (slightly traumatizing) dream, into the recollection and what-ifs and his disdain for Harry... I love it mainly because it is SO believable, and so Snape!
riseofafallenangel chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
ouch, poor snape

that bit with the dream was brilliant- the atmosphere was really good.
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I just happened upon this in the Review Forum. I really like this story. I kind of have a thing for Sev anyway. Poor baby. Excellent narration and dialogue.
FirstYear chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Well done. Explains Snape's feeling toward Harry wonderfuly.. sad and gentle.
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Loved it ] You wrote the dream at the beginning very well, I can see how the thought of something like that and the what ifs that come with it would have haunted Snape. And the insult Harry used at the end was a nice touch.
undercloakkept chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Sara Winters,

This is quite poignant and beautifully written. I enjoyed how you portrayed Snape's longing and his guilt, and the imagery of him merging in and out of shadows/darkness. The direct language you use and the tempo helps convey the agitation Snape feels on so many levels. You're so right that these two could have been of some use and healing to each other, alas, were it not for human nature. Your lovely subtle writing left me with lots to think about. Thanks for sharing.

undercloakkept
Polyethene Pam chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
This was really great, and a wonderful addition to our archive!
Emerald Olive chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Whoa, this is really fantastic. I really like how the beginning is a dream and then the rest is how that dream affects Snape. Really, really interestingly done. Great job.
Emerald Writer chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
This is poorly underrated, because I loved this. Perfect spelling and grammar, extensive vocabulary; and I loved the way you captured Severus in that dream-seeing himself at that age seventeen years later-with Lily.

Great job, and keep on writing!
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Bloody hell! That was quite awesome. I think this is a very well written examination of the effect Lily had on Severus. I actually liked the dreams (?), the fantasies (?) that Severus has in the beginning. He may not be anyone's cuppa, but he's still a man inside, and I really think that captures his desires very nicely. Bringing it back to Harry's eyes, his brief flash of remorse, and then back to his utter disdain for Harry was a great. Loved that last bit of imagery, of Snape merging into darknes, illiciting no joy for his detention-giving.

Great work on this one!
slytherin-principessa chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
this kind of stories arent my cup of tea,

but you've written this amazingly well!

your story was nice to read-

keep up the good work!

SP
Kore-of-Myth chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Ooh, creepy. Alot of themes and questions in my head but I like the style of this.

Keep Writing!