Reviews for Children of the Red Sun
Bravo!
Aaaaaaw... damn it!
I'm not done with this chapter yet, but wanted to say that the coming together of the forces (hee) is inspiring.
scifijoe chapter 33 . 12/10/2016
Hi, I do remember that Movie. SIGH, if that was not enough, they did the even more forgettable: The. Quest for Peace.
This story rocks.
scifijoe chapter 46 . 12/8/2016
Well, I enjoyed this story and the prequel. This was an interesting take on both Superman and Star Wars. It is unfortunate that it took me this long to find you.
IF you might be interested in an AU version of Supergirl, try LG58's Kim Possible: Super-girl. It is a fun read.
bavalos chapter 16 . 9/10/2016
So you're going to "Jacen" Jor?
The Sound Shaman chapter 16 . 6/27/2016
I've been reading your HP fanfiction for years, this has a similar voice, but you've gotten better at writing. I mean this is entertaining enough, your more recent writing is better. Also, in your various writings, you have not been reluctant to use clichés, but usually in such a creative way that the term applied only nominally.
madsloth chapter 45 . 5/20/2016
final thoughts after chapter 46 review.

it is kind of funny. I look back at 2 of my issues with the story in past reviews and I realize only after reading the whole thing that they were not real issues at all.

Thrawn undoubtedly knew that having Kale fly needlessly around the galaxy would hurt the Republic, but that is exactly what he wanted, to force them in to a position where they needed to create the alliance so he could maneuver them right were he wanted them. It only looked to me like it was tactically stupid because I did not know his intent was exactly the opposite of what we were lead to believe it was. Though in hindsight I do recall thinking it was odd that the imperial guard guy went along with the alliance plan if he had killed all the moffs for helping kill the emperor clone.

The Eclipse - it had been used at the battle of Bastion... but also powered down and haunted for a decade... makes no sense, except there were 2 of them. but I guess the only problem with that becomes the fact that someone would have said something about it. "You think that was cool, you should have seen the eclipse at the battle of Bastion..."

all in all well played sir, well played.
madsloth chapter 46 . 5/18/2016
once again, an excellent story, thanks for writing it.

just in case you ever go back and tweek the story some i will mention one last minor issue that might not even really exist.

after Vader chopped up the Organas he blasted the city of Aldera of the planet. I assume it was rebuilt but there was no mention of the destruction of the palace and city when talking about the attack by Vader (while talking about the data chip he left for Leia.) while in that palace.

again thanks for the excellent story.
madsloth chapter 35 . 5/17/2016
I’m pretty sure you’re deleating my reviews but oh well, kind of like why you block my account… I just don’t get it.

But anyway all in all a good chapter but there are two issues I caught,

1) the eclipse was used in the battle at Bastion yet has been powered down for the last 8 years.

"I still don't understand how you were able to have that ship ready so quickly," Pellaeon said as the Eclipse-class super dreadnaught Bastion's Hope fired its superlaser.

And 2) Jol-Els facial scars
She already knew about the scars on his face…
But before
He was bleeding from a cut on his face—a face that bore none of the self-inflicted wounds from his lightsaber that Qahsel did just moments before he somehow split in two.
madsloth chapter 34 . 5/17/2016
Wow Leia is a bitch… I’ll grant you it is to be expected for there to be anger… but one might expect Darth Devia to have some intimate understanding of this kind of situation. It is almost like she completely forgets that she was tortured for months and had her personality usurped and replaced with a monster, who knows what the Emperor had her do when he was testing her. We do know that upon command she was more than willing to kill Mara and I highly doubt that was the first time he gave her such an order… but I guess in Leia’s mind that is a completely different situation.
madsloth chapter 28 . 5/16/2016
Very nice chapter, poor kryptonian need to find a better clothing maker.
I guess it will be Danni that brings back Jor-el.
madsloth chapter 22 . 5/16/2016
Like the first part, all in all a great story but a few key points that just seem off to me.

I guess one way to have a prolonged war story when your main character is basically a god is to have him do a galactic wide scavenger hunt, and never have him nor his wife think to communicate with anyone… ever… even when Thrawn basically tells them the new government has gone insane and is going to get everyone killed. The main character of this story has been absent from it for nearly the whole story.

Admiral Thrawn, a brilliant tactician thinks it is a great idea to force the most powerful being in the galaxy to waste months flying across the galaxy to retrieve something he was just going to give to Kale anyway while the galaxy is being invaded? Wouldn’t such a brilliant mind see how foolish doing that would be and leave a message saying “I could have taken them but as a show of good faith I did not, please contact me.”

To echo what Thrawn said at the battle of Coruscant “a waste of fine men”

Also I can’t Help but notice that miraculously the only person in the whole story that has been infected with this thing is one of the only people in the whole galaxy that Kale would let (and is letting) the whole galaxy burn to save, he has not even thought to contact his children... during a war?

Also the title of this chapter, what did that mean?
Blood will tell (Family characteristics cannot be concealed)?

When I saw it I figured Jor-el would overcome the brainwashing, because I thought being inherently good was in the family’s blood now I have no idea. Does it mean the El family are inherently psychopaths?
Guest chapter 12 . 4/19/2016
Spar was retarded. Stupid way to show how strong Jor is.
Montara chapter 46 . 11/14/2015
I know that in your ANs you said you had trouble writing this story but whatever you did worked because this is a really, really great story with a really, really great plot! And when I'll have the time, I will definitely come back and read it again!

Can't say I would mind if sometime in the future you'll do an outtake with Jor and Danni. :D Yeah, I know, you said in the AN you won't, but I can hope :D

It's just, their future is so unclear, a lot happened to them and even Kale didn't know if their love will be strong enough to get them though what happened. Sometimes it's enough, sometimes it's better to just move on separately. And I'm just curious if they made it...

Thank you so much for posting this story here on Ffn! You are one of the most talented authors around here! Great stories! :)