Reviews for Children of the Red Sun
KPheonix chapter 12 . 3/4/2010
Testoterone charged chapter, but a fun read.

I don't know what to think about Danni considering she didn't exactly settle with anyone at the end of NJO. If I remeber right, she left with Zonama Sekot I believe but she was a mature woman that's for sure.

More chapters for me to read.
PeterJAC chapter 46 . 2/28/2010
Superb! Thank you!
Phygmalion chapter 46 . 11/20/2009
Darth Marrs;

First, I wanted to tell you what a great time I had reading your Legacy of the Red Sun series. I read all four in as many days, and I think that it is one of the greatest crossovers of its type that I have ever read. The only one I can think of that is even comparable is The Writer With No Name's Last Son trilogy - and that one is not even set in the Star Wars universe! It does star Superman, however.

You have done a fantastic job, and I'm glad that I took the time to sit down and read it. There were some parts that I thought could have been worked better, and others that I didn't like so much (Zonama Sekot, for one), but you were kind enough to explain within the context of the story why you did what you did. You have a lot of talent, and I wish you all the best in whatever endeavor that you do.

With all my best,

Phygmalion.
Mireille chapter 46 . 11/15/2009
Great ending, dear! That was so intense and dramatic! And romantic :)

A truly excellent job throughout this incredibly creative series!

Please keep sharing your imagination with us!

Love

Mireille X
MythsterBlack chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Excellent. An enormously complex, intricate and very entertaining series of stories. I read the whole series one after the other and only missed a few small details here and there from a few distractions. But on the whole this is one of the best series of stories I have read.

Congratulations; FIVE STARS ( * * * * * )

Steve (VE)
Jarad Hillman chapter 46 . 10/13/2009
You have made a liar of me, I said superman/jedi wouldn't work to a lot of friends over the years, but you made it work, and quite well at that. Thank you
Mechconstrictor chapter 46 . 10/10/2009
Very good. I just finished reading this entire series and I enjoyed it.
Themightytom chapter 46 . 10/5/2009
You blew up the living planet? You gave Doomsday ONE chapter in which he does more damage to the bad guys than the good? AND RECK DESH DIES OFF SCREEN?

An awesome fanfic for the most part but the ending felt a little phoned in.
wawaboy2 chapter 46 . 10/4/2009
Wow absolutely amazing ending... The ending of Zonama Sekot is tragic, but probably appropriate considering that they weren't gonna give the Yuuzhan Vong any mercy at all... Love how Anakin is turned Kryptonian as well... An ending that satisfies in every way... Can't wait to see what you come up with next...
censored chapter 46 . 10/4/2009
nice story though there always are a couple spelling mistakes XD
Exodus5 chapter 46 . 10/4/2009
First I like to say congrats on finishing your story, you did a good job. The last chapters were exciting but everything seemed to happen too quickly. It seemed like we missed some character development time in there. Lastly, I'm kind of dissapointed we didn't get to see what happened to Jor and Danni at the end. All the other Naberries got a little blurb about how things went but we got nothing about them. Hope you'll have some future projects that I can get into also.
dajohu chapter 46 . 10/4/2009
Awesome end to an awesome story! :D I really enjoyed the four chapter at once conclusion. Very nice. I'm sad though that its over now, but it is also great to see the end of another one of your "epics". :) This will go on my list of periodic rereads just like your other stories. Surprised about the fate of Sekot although I liked it. Appreciated how Doomsday met his doom and glad to see Anakin become Kryptonian. Looking forward to whatever venture you have next. :D

-dajohu
Dormant Account 24 chapter 46 . 10/4/2009
Awesome final battle? Check.

Superbad bad guy put down like a rabid dog? Check

Wedding? Check

Jaina and Jag skinny dipping on Naboo? Check check check

An end to an incredible series of stories that managed to take Superman and Star Wars and make the two better than either one by itself? Check.

Thank you for writing this, Darth. For sharing it with us even though I know you were having doubts about it half-way through. It has been a true pleasure to read.
The-Knight2000 chapter 46 . 10/4/2009
And so it comes to an end :(.

That said, great last chapter, ties up almost everything quite neatly, while still loving loose ends that could be picked up for another sequel if you ever wanted to come back to it. Nice to see Anakin an Karia happy. A little surprised Leia and Han managed to stay together after he killed a living planet, which I have to think of as accidental, since they didnt know Zonoma was coming in peace. Leia of the films wouldnt have been able to forgive it, but this is a different Leia, who has gone through different hardships, and experienced the dark side.

Nice to see the beginnings of Jag and Jaina :). Not sure I'd choose Hoth over Naboo, but then I'm not kryptonian.

I am eager to find out what happens with Jor and Danni, though I can only suspect they go their seperate waves, and Jor ends up with a life of solitude. But only you really know for sure lol.

Good chapter, glad to see the story finished, although saddened too. Good stuff mate!
The-Knight2000 chapter 45 . 10/4/2009
That. was. AWESOME.

Absolutely fantastic fight between Kale and Doomsday, love the double fist lunge Kale uses at first, straight out of the WB cartoon. Reminds me very much of the Superman-Doomsday WB movie too.

Talk about carnage. Somewhat surprised Mara didn't go after Brainiac for what he did to Jor, but then, priorities lol. Doomsday takes a lot of killing. And given his arm just floated off, he's not dead, it'll just take him a stupidly long amount of time to heal. besides, Anakin had to have something to do, and that apparently was break Brainiac lol. Though again, even the smallest surviving part contains the whole code, and he'll be able to live again after a stupid amount of time. but again, reminds me of the Superman/JLU cartoons, which is great.

Awesome stuff DM and still a chapter to go!
341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »