Reviews for Designated Driver
frownypup chapter 17 . 9/29/2012
It. Is. AWESOME!
It's totally emotional.
Actually, my tears are running for Sam's clenched heart. *can you hear my heart crashing on the floor?*
Oh writer. You. Are. Talented.
Freakin' awesome... :D :D :D
ryder21 chapter 17 . 6/29/2012
Wow, that was a great story. Loved Dean racing, protective Sam, the whole Barton ghost concept. Well written (as always) and an enthralling read from start to finish.
JaniceC678 chapter 17 . 6/3/2012
Great job with the last half, too. The race was truly breathtaking. You really captured the action. And watching the bond between the guys growing strong again was just amazing. I'll definitely be checking out your other stuff.
JaniceC678 chapter 9 . 6/3/2012
Loving your story so far! Wonderful brotherly moments, angst, protectiveness...not to mention Racecar Driver Dean. Yummy!

Loved that scene for so many reasons, not least of which is Sammy being forced to watch helplessly as that unfolds before him. Which of course, leads to the later scene where Dean gets to face the same prospect when he see's Sam about to get into Rook's car! Not so easy when the shoe is on the other foot, is it Dean? And I loved that Sam backed down for him. He made his point and didn't have to risk his life to prove it. Not sure Dean could have done the same had the situation been reversed.

Anyway, the scene in this chapter where Sam makes Dean his "offer" to let him go live his dream, had me in tears. That was beautifully written. Now to move on to what I suspect may be some good Winchester ghost whumpage!
parisindy chapter 17 . 5/1/2012
okay that was a brilliant story.. thanks for writing it
stargwynn chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
aw, man, i really wanted to see dean race...lol...novel idea for the story, though! :)
ccase13 chapter 17 . 7/15/2011
This was a great story. I especially liked the use of the holy ground under the tent church to kill the ghost.
Creative Spark chapter 17 . 1/16/2011
Great fic! I really enjoyed reading this the last couple of days, it was really well written and very appropriate. Your work is amazing.

-Creative Spark
Adorereading chapter 17 . 12/4/2010
GOD i would fall in love at the first sight of dean in a race-suit, racing at NASCAR...

Who doesn't love grease-monkey's, i absolutely loved it :D

Wish there were more stories like this, it had everything, love (for cars), action, the supernatural, brotherly-cuteness, hurt/comfort, humor... (:

You did awesome girl! This would've been a A scoring episode if kripke ever directed it!
dradamsmd chapter 17 . 11/29/2010
All I can say is I loved it! I had never thought of Dean as a racecar driver, but I could totally see him doing it. It was nice that he got to do something for himself for once, even if it was short lived. My only complaint is that it's over!
ff chapter 17 . 11/2/2010
brillant!

Thank you for posting this story.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Great one!

I think that, sometimes, it got a little OOC because there a lot of chick flick moments ahaha

But I really liked it anyway! The story is awesome, The race was just fantastic and that scene where they were fighting the gost was just great!

So, congratulations

Kisses

Rosetta
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Read this story a while ago but did not have a profile so I didn't comment...but I do now!

LOVE IT SO MUCH! I love the angst and Hurt!Dean haha. LOVE IT! Thanks for posting!
fifimom chapter 17 . 5/27/2010
I just happened to find this fiction and I'm so glad I did. I really enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for sharing.
LittleLurker chapter 17 . 5/15/2010
Hi Cheryl,

I loved this! The entire idea, the race car driver's ghost haunting the track,

Dean and Sam having to act like strangers for the hunt, your OCs, especially Tim,

the mechanic, and last but not least all the little (or sometimes big) brotherly

moments. Especially the scene, where Sam realizes for the first time that this

is a dream come true (or well, one that could come true) for Dean and that his

brother might leave him behind to pursue what he wants in his life.

But I also fervently liked how you resolved their issues. That, in the end, Dean

wouldn't even think of leaving Sam, or hunting, though Sam is clearly the obvious

reason for Dean's choice of forsaking a career at racing.

I won't go to the length of repeating all the lines (or paragraphs) I liked best

in this story, simply because it takes so much time and would (once again) fill

pages upon pages..., but I can assure you there have been plenty of them.

However, just like I did once before already and also agreeing with Marlow97,

I do think your stories could be even better: not in the logic department (ideas

and their realization) are very, very good! ...but concerning grammar, spelling

and - in some cases - wording, repetition and things like these. Marlow97's advice

to run your story by a beta reader really is a good one. You should consider it if

you want to join the excellent writers out there. You have extraoidinary talent,

don't let your beautiful stories forgo their chance at becoming masterpieces!

Some examples of recurring grammar errors:

* to bear - to bare

* to quirk - to quip

* sometimes an article (both, the or a) or a preposition (mostly: that)

appear directly before AND after a certain noun

* sometimes adjective and adverb forms are messed up

There are not too many errors for the story to not be enjoyable anymore, but

just imagine how truly great it could be without those annoying little details.

You might deem those to be peanuts having in mind the greater picture of the

story, but for the pleasure of reading they do seem important, at least to me.

In this, I'm probably a little like Sam - a "stickler for details".

Anyway, I do hope you keep writing, because I love your ideas, the hunts,

the suspense and adventures you throw the brothers into and the fluff you write

very well! Just LOVE all those brotherly moments and how it comes always through

in your stories how much they need each other.

Best wishes,