Reviews for Designated Driver
parisindy chapter 17 . 5/1/2012
okay that was a brilliant story.. thanks for writing it
stargwynn chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
aw, man, i really wanted to see dean race...lol...novel idea for the story, though! :)
ccase13 chapter 17 . 7/15/2011
This was a great story. I especially liked the use of the holy ground under the tent church to kill the ghost.
Creative Spark chapter 17 . 1/16/2011
Great fic! I really enjoyed reading this the last couple of days, it was really well written and very appropriate. Your work is amazing.

-Creative Spark
Adorereading chapter 17 . 12/4/2010
GOD i would fall in love at the first sight of dean in a race-suit, racing at NASCAR...

Who doesn't love grease-monkey's, i absolutely loved it :D

Wish there were more stories like this, it had everything, love (for cars), action, the supernatural, brotherly-cuteness, hurt/comfort, humor... (:

You did awesome girl! This would've been a A scoring episode if kripke ever directed it!
dradamsmd chapter 17 . 11/29/2010
All I can say is I loved it! I had never thought of Dean as a racecar driver, but I could totally see him doing it. It was nice that he got to do something for himself for once, even if it was short lived. My only complaint is that it's over!
ff chapter 17 . 11/2/2010
brillant!

Thank you for posting this story.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Great one!

I think that, sometimes, it got a little OOC because there a lot of chick flick moments ahaha

But I really liked it anyway! The story is awesome, The race was just fantastic and that scene where they were fighting the gost was just great!

So, congratulations

Kisses

Rosetta
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Read this story a while ago but did not have a profile so I didn't comment...but I do now!

LOVE IT SO MUCH! I love the angst and Hurt!Dean haha. LOVE IT! Thanks for posting!
fifimom chapter 17 . 5/27/2010
I just happened to find this fiction and I'm so glad I did. I really enjoyed reading it.

LittleLurker chapter 17 . 5/15/2010
Hi Cheryl,

I loved this! The entire idea, the race car driver's ghost haunting the track,

Dean and Sam having to act like strangers for the hunt, your OCs, especially Tim,

the mechanic, and last but not least all the little (or sometimes big) brotherly

moments. Especially the scene, where Sam realizes for the first time that this

is a dream come true (or well, one that could come true) for Dean and that his

brother might leave him behind to pursue what he wants in his life.

But I also fervently liked how you resolved their issues. That, in the end, Dean

wouldn't even think of leaving Sam, or hunting, though Sam is clearly the obvious

reason for Dean's choice of forsaking a career at racing.

I won't go to the length of repeating all the lines (or paragraphs) I liked best

in this story, simply because it takes so much time and would (once again) fill

pages upon pages..., but I can assure you there have been plenty of them.

However, just like I did once before already and also agreeing with Marlow97,

I do think your stories could be even better: not in the logic department (ideas

and their realization) are very, very good! ...but concerning grammar, spelling

and - in some cases - wording, repetition and things like these. Marlow97's advice

to run your story by a beta reader really is a good one. You should consider it if

you want to join the excellent writers out there. You have extraoidinary talent,

don't let your beautiful stories forgo their chance at becoming masterpieces!

Some examples of recurring grammar errors:

* to bear - to bare

* to quirk - to quip

* sometimes an article (both, the or a) or a preposition (mostly: that)

appear directly before AND after a certain noun

* sometimes adjective and adverb forms are messed up

There are not too many errors for the story to not be enjoyable anymore, but

just imagine how truly great it could be without those annoying little details.

You might deem those to be peanuts having in mind the greater picture of the

story, but for the pleasure of reading they do seem important, at least to me.

In this, I'm probably a little like Sam - a "stickler for details".

Anyway, I do hope you keep writing, because I love your ideas, the hunts,

the suspense and adventures you throw the brothers into and the fluff you write

very well! Just LOVE all those brotherly moments and how it comes always through

in your stories how much they need each other.

Best wishes,

Daniela
Marlowe97 chapter 17 . 4/4/2010
Oh Wow, girl, you know how to write a great story. The boys were wonderful, I loved the shock that Sam got when he realized that Dean might actually consider leaving HIM, for a change.

I loved the sappy-oh-so-sappy family-thing, that Sam cheered Dean on, that Bobby came, that Dean chose Sam (of course!).

I love how you created the oc's, Tim and Garner and Pastor Pete in particular. They gave depths to this story that makes this one really good (*).

I love the mystery, the case in here, love how you made Dean whoop in joy when he was allowed to race. Loved how Sam was so bitchy, a little selfish, but came across as the fine young man we know he is.

It amazes me how you created the action-scenes, because I know how difficult this is. An, you know, I'm not really a fan of racing. I actually never considered Dean to do that. Strange, because we know cars are his love, but I never thought that he might have become a NASCAR-driver if he hadn't started hunting. But it's a plausible possibility.

Ok, now to the little (*) you might have noticed.

Please believe me that what I write now, I do so in greatest respect and awe for your talent, which I definitely see in this story.

Don't get mad

*takes a deep breath*

Please consider re-reading your story again. Maybe let a beta-reader go over it, too.

There aren't many mistakes, per se, but you have a tendency for repetitions, like, as an example, over-using the word "Impala" in the chapter with the ghost-race. It distracted me, and that was rather sad because I enjoy a well-written action-scene, and it IS well-written, apart from what I mentioned.

I'm not saying this to be mean, or anything, but because the story could be truly GREAT instead of good, if you polished it a little.

If you can't find the time, or have no beta-reader, I could offer my service, because I truly think it deserves to be more.

So, hoping I haven't trod on your toes, I wish you a wonderful Easter and a pleasant day/evening.
ForgottenSeptember chapter 17 . 1/25/2010
WOW, I so loved your story! It was amazingly awesome! It seems I can't ever get enough hurt!Dean and this story was very well written. It was like I was sitting in front of my TV!

Tim's a great character as well as pastor Pete but Garner still is a d*ck. And I was glad to see Bobby!

I especially loved the scene with Barton's ghost riding the Impala on the track and trying to kill Dean. And it was so heartbreaking when Dean told Sam to "take the Impala out". I mean that's their home since so long... But, hey, she's OK now so everything's all right!

And the final race at the end! I was totally on the edge of my sit, practically yelling "Come on Dean, you can do it! You can do it! Go on! Win!" And he won! OMG! Dean was so happy and I was so happy for him! 'Cause I totally love that kind of race NASCAR, Daytona 500 an' all! Add Dean in this and I'm the happiest person in the world! Awesome! Thank you for sharing this! Definitely one of my favorite stories!
Sarah chapter 17 . 12/3/2009
Are you sure you're not into racing? You write as if you drive a race car every weekend. Secret hobby perhaps?

Loved that you had Bobby come and cheer for Dean. The man has earned a right to be there. Family doesn't end with blood after all.

7kstar chapter 17 . 11/28/2009
Loved the humor, the nail biting bits and moments that tugged at the heartstrings. I really liked Sam coming to terms with his desire to let Dean have his one shinning moment of glory in the sun.

Really enjoyable. How I miss the simpler times and it is good to go back and see the brothers just being brothers. Glad old Bobby came out for support.

I loved Tim, he was an interesting character.

Shame Garner just didn't get it, and didn't learn the lesson about his own family, like wanting to reach out to his own brother and father. You gave him a few likable moments. Now of course I don't know if you did, but you left the door open for Dean and Sam to run into Tim and Garner again.

408 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »